• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
TLOU is just a bunch of classic horror scenes glued together with a paper thing narrative. Dumb game Bros think it is omg amazing because they never watched NotLD, or Splinter or any of the other hundred good movies it takes from. The original parts consist of glorified block puzzles.

holy shit lol. nice shop.

ni no kuni 2 and nier automata also look great. i can't hold all these jrpgs

TLOU is just a bunch of classic horror scenes glued together with a paper thing narrative. Dumb game Bros think it is omg amazing because they never watched NotLD, or Splinter or any of the other hundred good movies it takes from. The original parts consist of glorified block puzzles.

Do you mind making a list of these movies? This is relevant to my interests. I'm trying to get more into horror these days

Misha

Banned
At IKEA and I forgot how cool it is. Really like the way the store works

So the zombie version of until dawn :p
With worse gameplay

AcridMeat

Banned
I tried watching the story/cutscenes of The Last of Us because the gameplay doesn't interest me in the slightest. I think I got through the intro chapter and felt bleh about it. I'll try again maybe today and see if anything changes.

I bought a PS3 slim partly because I thought The Last of Us looked awesome at the E3 reveal. Haha.
Salt is a forgettable film starring Angelina Jolie
I went to the theater for this.

I don't really remember why. I think I just wanted to go to a theater at the time.

AcridMeat

Banned
*catches up on thread*
giphy.gif

I tried watching the story/cutscenes of The Last of Us because the gameplay doesn't interest me in the slightest. I think I got through the intro chapter and felt bleh about it. I'll try again maybe today and see if anything changes.

I bought a PS3 slim partly because I thought The Last of Us looked awesome at the E3 reveal. Haha.
You cant just watch the cut scenes and expect to have even remotely the same experience. The whole reason most of the shit that goes on carries any weight is because of the shit you go through together during gameplay. There is also a shit ton of dialog during gameplay that helps build the characters relationships and shit.

Jobbs

Banned
They are comparable though. They are both dumb games that are pretentious as fuck and just so, so dumb. Obviously Bioshock Infinite is much worse since it doesn't even interpret the theory it is based around correctly.

The Last of Us was well executed with well written and acted characters. Pacing was on point, and its themes were consistent between gameplay and story.

Bioshock Infinite was just a fucking terrible, stupid mess that I literally hated. Like I HATE that game.

This video is an excellent takedown of Bioslop Infinite and pretty much covers why I hate the game so much

They are comparable though. They are both dumb games that are pretentious as fuck and just so, so dumb. Obviously Bioshock Infinite is much worse since it doesn't even interpret the theory it is based around correctly.

I didn't disagree. but yeah if given the choice I'd rather play TLoU I guess

Hitman is really, really good. So glad I picked this up for $16. What a deal. Just beat the second mission, dunno how much I want to replay the missions though.

Jobbs

Banned
It's silly to compare UT to TLOU. TLOU is legitimately an action/stealth shooter with really well executed gameplay. UT is a story game and only tangentially related to the same genre. It's a teen slasher movie
that turns into a monster movie

Honestly, everything is subjective, but I found UT kind of tedious after a while. I finished it once though. Only Matt died. :eek:

Ceallach

It's silly to compare UT to TLOU. TLOU is legitimately an action/stealth shooter with really well executed gameplay. UT is a story game and only tangentially related to the same genre. It's a teen slasher movie
that turns into a monster movie

Honestly, everything is subjective, but I found UT kind of tedious after a while. I finished it once though. Only Matt died. :eek:
I agree. Unreal Tournament and TLOU are totally incomparable.

Jobbs

Banned
listen I've been up a really long time I only got 3 hours of sleep this morning becaus ea duck is quacking outside my window and I'm wired as hell on pepper,mint mocha lattes and coffee coffee coffee

AcridMeat

Banned
You cant just watch the cut scenes and expect to have even remotely the same experience. The whole reason most of the shit that goes on carries any weight is because of the shit you go through together during gameplay. There is also a shit ton of dialog during gameplay that helps build the characters relationships and shit.
Wasn't there some supercut that included those dialogue sections though?

I remember kotaku posting about it, that anyone remotely interested but who won't play it should watch that video.

But hey I'm just watching AC/DC live at Donington again.
btw I'm not crazy. today I saw someone with a stroller and a pug inside
And this is crazier than a cat in a stroller?

Wasn't there some supercut that included those dialogue sections though?

I remember kotaku posting about it, that anyone remotely interested but who won't play it should watch that video.

But hey I'm just watching AC/DC live at Donington again.

And this is crazier than a cat in a stroller?

no it just shows that it's a normal thing people do

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I was willing to stand aside for most of this but come on. Nothing is as bad as Bioshock Infinite.
FFXV is just as mishmashed but it tells a more interesting outline of a story. Actually really interested to hear your thoughts on it

Jobbs

Banned
Holly you like Suda 51, right? Are you getting his new game on PSN? (Let It Die) I'm downloading it finally

FFXV is just as mishmashed but it tells a more interesting outline of a story. Actually really interested to hear your thoughts on it

Okay I'll let you know if I play it more. I'm still near the start. I got the car and I killed some animals and stuff.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Okay I'll let you know if I play it more. I'm still near the start. I got the car and I killed some animals and stuff.
thatsthewholegame.jpg

Not really but sort of

Ceallach

I'll be getting it. The f2p element makes me nervous. However Killer 7, No More Heroes, Lollipop Chainsaw and Liberation Maiden are some of my all time faves.

SolVanderlyn

I only played NMH but I loved it. One of my fav Wii games for sure. I wanted to play the second one but never got around to it.

Killer is Dead looked cool but I heard it sucked

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I hated TLOU ending

Joel should murder Ellie and eat her. Or do some Cannibal Corpse lyrics-esque stuff before

it is freezing outside, so we have our dog in the basement and cats in the garage.

Ceallach

I only played Shadows of the Damned. I feel like I need to play more of his games
No More Heroes and Killer 7 are his best by far. But Lollipop Chainsaw is fantastic as well.

The only thing is to play them all you need at a minimum a Wii + PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom