• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

So many games to look forward to from the conference, but I look forward to The Last of Us Part 2 the most. Fuck, that may be a day one for me just like the 1st game.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
wuaat? is this really a thing that happened?
I know she need some promo for the game
Oh yeah it did. He flew her to japan and shit
small_1495705412.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Killer7 is Grasshopper's true masterpiece, but nearly everything they've done has been good-to-great, and at the very least impeccably distinct in style. Their OSTs are consistently fucking amazing. No More Heroes is a gem and I have a soft spot for Shadows of the Damned (it's a great heavy metal horror shooter). Lollipop is good too, even if I feel it locks off too many abilities for the early game. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I own every Grasshopper game, except for the earlier obscure stuff. I've got a signed copy of Killer7 sitting around somewhere.

RE: The Last of Us, I thought the story was by far the strongest component. Obviously influenced and adapted from other material (like most things tbh), and maybe some pacing issues in the opening season, but overall I found the characters exceptionally well written, authentic in their emotional journey and relationships, and backed by very convincing performances. Ellie and Joel's arc is very humanising and grounded. I don't necessarily think it's the most original story in the world, but it is for the medium and managed to tell its story very well. I like most of the game design too, even if I feel there's some major rooms for improvement, particularly in the AI responsiveness and zone spawning, which I cheesed way, way too many times. It's my favourite Naughty Dog game anyway. It and Uncharted 2 are the only games they've made where I felt intensely compelled to keep playing and experience what they'd designed, opposed to everything else making me zzzz and frustrated.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, for most part unless I'm really excited for the game (which admittedly is many), Nintendo and Platinum are my day ones.

FUME5

I should get around to finishing off Killer is Dead at some point, pretty sure that got bc recently.

Had friends round, got everything set up to play Imperial Assault...and it turns out the manufacturer fucked up and I'm missing a deck of essential cards.

Thrashed Overcooked instead.

Still a bit bummed about lili catching that perma.

EatChildren

I buy heaps of games day 1, I live on the edge man.

In retrospect I do too, but it's really just console and Origin products I'm buying. I guess that's why I buy Nintendo and specific companies like Platinum first. Whereas stuff like, say, Naughty Dog I don't really care about and tend to by a week or two down the track. I have zero risk with Steam games so day one isn't a problem, except in cases where I do want to throw my coins at the developers.

FUME5

In retrospect I do too, but it's really just console and Origin products I'm buying. I guess that's why I buy Nintendo and specific companies like Platinum first. Whereas stuff like, say, Naughty Dog I don't really care about and tend to by a week or two down the track. I have zero risk with Steam games so day one isn't a problem, except in cases where I do want to throw my coins at the developers.

I mean, I've preordered that new Space Hulk fps and am going to do the same for Dead Rising 4 this morning. That's looking a bit shit but I still need to play it.

974a0bb3babf8b923e77a9ada0d195da.jpg

___
"heaps" is a word I only heard used by Aussie guys

That's cause we're heaps good ay.

TLoU2 is going to be the greatest game of all time. I am just going to stop playing videogames after that because nothing else will ever live up to it. Just all downhill after that. I do look forward to the game but I guess I dont really look forward to having to quit my favorite hobby. Well I guess I could just replay it over and over again until I become Joel in real life after the apocalypse. I think I would be a good post apocalyptic guy. I'll probably end up having to doom humanity myself to save a dog or something.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
This makes god knows how many times I have bought Garou

Dreamcast
MVS
AES
PS2
Android
PC
Now Ps4 and Vita

Nerdkiller

Membeur
TLoU2 is going to be the greatest game of all time. I am just going to stop playing videogames after that because nothing else will ever live up to it. Just all downhill after that. I do look forward to the game but I guess I dont really look forward to having to quit my favorite hobby. Well I guess I could just replay it over and over again until I become Joel in real life after the apocalypse. I think I would be a good post apocalyptic guy. I'll probably end up having to doom humanity myself to save a dog or something.
Last of Us praise was just too much when it first released. Though I do wish those who did play the game went trough an existential crisis akin to this.

zeemumu

TLoU2's trailer looked pretty good. I'm excited to see the adventure continue. I'm also interested to see what becomes of Clementine in TWD Season 3.

Also quick question: Is there a common way to establish potential dates or does it just happen whenever? I'd assume you just go with it and bring it up when relevant, right? You don't just ask if she wants to go see a movie and then while you're hanging out you shout "Aha! This was a date all along!" Is there a typical transition or is it different for everyone? That's always the problem with meeting people on campus. I'm not that good at extending meetups to off-campus stuff like movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom