• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yeeeah as much as I'd like to defend it, if anyone else I wouldn't have been talked with on GAF would have done that I'd be totally okay with a ban. So.

I almost wrote "anyone I didn't know" and felt weird, since I obviously don't know a thing about Lili. Fakegaf isn't good for my brain health!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
why would you perm someone for that
forever deny their ability to engage with a community
because you boo hoo'd about a rule break
my eyes cannot roll further back into my head from this lameass softcock shit

Still have Metal Slug 3?

Yo EC I'll take full mojo rampage

Thanks in advance

Both up for grabs. Nobody else has asked for anything. Just PM me with an email or Steam addy.

FUME5

Its definitely a shitty loss for this community.

This place fills in a pretty big gap in my life and it would suck to get permd from here.

Whos dick do I have to suck
erpunch
to get the perm lifted?

Sick tune! Thanks! I love this shit. Fix your link tho. Too many h's.

PM a mod?

Jobbs

Banned
The perm is BS. Other people did the same thing without being permed or banned at all.

Every time I peek into most other threads, such as in gaming, the sheer idiocy washes over me. Neogaf needs more intelligent and interesting posters, not less. What a shame.

zeemumu

Lilith got perma'd? Ouch.

I had the craziest dream. The new pirates movie involved bringing back Davy Jones and Javier Bardem's seaweed underwater ghost army was with Cthulhu and he was gonna fight the kraken.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Perma banned? Geez. I think that's overkill.

This is such a silly reason to perm someone. I still don't see the harm. Lili ��

I wouldn't really know why some in that thread did not get banned for it or why she got permed for it (maybe taking into account previous bans or something), but I do definitely think it was a wrong thing to do.

- The topic starter has made clear multiple times he did not want fake confessions. Now he has stopped and the thread is ruined.

- Every time it is clear that there is a fake one it "devalues" all the confessions. For some people the confessions aren't worth anything anymore because they don't know what to believe.

- If there is someone with a genuine confession that they want supportive comments for there is now a bigger chance it is disregarded as fake.

In short, it is a pretty effective way to ruin a thread and the investments of many people.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
tumblr_og2gi6hnQE1u3bn17o1_1280.gif

Jobbs

Banned
I wouldn't really know why some in that thread did not get banned for it or why she got permed for it (maybe taking into account previous bans or something), but I do definitely think it was a wrong thing to do.

Incredibly disproportionate response to a little mischief that many others also engaged in.

I don't need to keep saying it, but there aren't a lot of posters like Lili on Neogaf. Some, yes, but most of Neogaf is really dumb. Our real characters shouldn't be permed so lightly.

PM a mod if you agree, otherwise carry on I guess

jb1234

I can understand the reasoning for her ban. Reading over the thread, there's been a lot of collateral damage. But I don't understand why she was singled out in particular.

Incredibly disproportionate response to a little mischief that many others also engaged in.

I don't need to keep saying it, but there aren't a lot of posters like Lili on Neogaf. Some, yes, but most of Neogaf is really dumb. Our real characters shouldn't be permed so lightly.

PM a mod if you agree, otherwise carry on I guess

Something that many others engage in too is never a good excuse, and seeing the aftermath of the thread it is more than a little mischief, it is directly going against what the thread stands for.

permabanned over the confession stuff, that makes it even worse

I'm pretty sure more people are faking stories there , there are people that get happy when someone quotes them so I'm pretty sure some just make up stories in their own posts so they get quoted

As Em's proxy, I can make the next thread. But be prepared for minimal effort.

Pretty historic tho, as I'd be the first white male to make a FakeGAF thread. We've come so far.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Today has been one of those days where absolutely everything has made me increasingly more miserable and angry and nothing, not even the tiniest, trivial things are going right. Exception being seeing Mad Max. That was it. Literally it. I've derived no pleasure for anything else, not even something as simple as eating and playing vidya, and instead simply exasperated my frustration. Eat some tasty food? Oh wait my digestive system is fucked, and today is bloat-up-and-cramp-over-everything day. Dress up to go see the movie? Sorry, washingmachine decided to poorly wash everything because hey fuck you. Let's settle on some vidya then? Nope, worst multiplayer rounds imaginable and always on the losing team in obnoxiously broken one sided rounds, while my spontaneously busted desk chair now has a pressure leak and slowly sinks downwards as I sit on it. It's hot, because summer is a cunt bullshit month and season, and my air conditioner is broken. And of course my balcony is coated in a dust from the cunting labourers working on the balcony above.

Today the most optimistic outlook I can have is wanting to quit my job and drown myself and be done with everything. Bedtime because fuck living.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Crazy day at work today, winter village opened yesterday in the town and stall owners are ramping up wine and spices

EatChildren

For first or second time?

I kinda want to see the black and white edition.

Like...fourth time. But an old cinema in Melbourne was doing a proper screening of the chrome edition, so we went to check it out. Looked gorgeous. Some scenes, like the night stuff, came across much better in black and white.

jb1234

I bought Interstellar because it was super cheap. I'm trying to decide whether I'm in the mood for pretentious Nolan. My least favorite brand of his.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Like...fourth time. But an old cinema in Melbourne was doing a proper screening of the chrome edition, so we went to check it out. Looked gorgeous. Some scenes, like the night stuff, came across much better in black and white.

We?

Man having friends sounds awesome.

- The topic starter has made clear multiple times he did not want fake confessions. Now he has stopped and the thread is ruined.

- Every time it is clear that there is a fake one it "devalues" all the confessions. For some people the confessions aren't worth anything anymore because they don't know what to believe.

- If there is someone with a genuine confession that they want supportive comments for there is now a bigger chance it is disregarded as fake.

In short, it is a pretty effective way to ruin a thread and the investments of many people.
since fake confessions can't be prevented anyway and everyone kinda knows about it, I don't think it ruins the thread at all. this is not a suicide prevention hotline or anything. if taken seriously this is mostly about sharing something with others that may have burdened you...like just putting it out there. you can still do that. some people may always call you out as fake regardless but who cares, the other ones will still you seriously.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Man, losing lili sucks. I can't believe some the asshats who are still here but we lose lili.

I would pm a mod but I'm probably not the best advocate.

Also, me rn
15203194_648168938695940_6972043289306766560_n.jpg

since fake confessions can't be prevented anyway and everyone kinda knows about it, I don't think it ruins the thread at all. this is not a suicide prevention hotline or anything. if taken seriously this is mostly about sharing something with others that may have burdened you...like just putting it out there. you can still do that. some people may always call you out as fake regardless but who cares, the other ones will still you seriously.

Still the "but others do it too" argument? That is nonsense.

Also others can't eve post any confessions now because it's ruined. Even if you don't think it was, it were the wishes of the OP and he was very clear about that. Now he stopped because of it.

Misha

Banned

Also the thread already had an issue of people paying way more attention to more sensational pieces than actual confessions.
Really theres not too much a point in making a confession when it may be ignored entirely or its exciting enough to get attention but called a fake

Of course tho I also don't get the perma

Halcyon

As a sacrifice I'm gonna be leaving NeoGaf. I like you people. I rather dislike the mood I get in when visiting this forum anymore though. #freelil

Merry Christmas to all.

Still the "but others do it too" argument? That is nonsense.

Also others can't eve post any confessions now because it's ruined. Even if you don't think it was, it were the wishes of the OP and he was very clear about that. Now he stopped because of it.

it's not to excuse anything but everyone knows there also fake confessions involved. acting like everything is the truth and nothing but the truth is delusional so getting upset over this one incident is kinda..lame

I dont think pm'ing a mod will do anything sadly.

Acrid lost a perm ban once.

I hope it gets commuted. I do think what she admitted was pretty shitty and grounds for a ban based on long established community guidelines here. Not sure why others aren't also banned but I think she admitted to more— but others being banned isn't going to make her perma go away so I don't really care.

Acrid lost a perm ban once.

I hope it gets commuted. I do think what she admitted was pretty shitty and grounds for a ban based on long established community guidelines here. Not sure why others aren't also banned but I think she admitted to more— but others being banned isn't going to make her perma go away so I don't really care.

oh I didnt know that :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom