• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F.B.I. Interviews Hillary Clinton Over Private Email Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

The F.B.I. interviewed Hillary Clinton on Saturday morning for its investigation into whether she or her aides broke the law by setting up a private email server for her use as secretary of state, her campaign said.

“Secretary Clinton gave a voluntary interview this morning about her email arrangements while she was secretary,” Nick Merrill, a campaign spokesman, said in a statement. “She is pleased to have had the opportunity to assist the Department of Justice in bringing this review to a conclusion.”

The campaign declined to elaborate on the substance of the interview, which lasted about three and a half hours at F.B.I. Headquarters in Washington. Shortly afterward, two black S.U.V.s were seen returning to Mrs. Clinton’s house in the capital.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/03/us/politics/hillary-clinton-fbi-emails.html

studyguy

HA Goodman is somewhere furiously writing atm.
Hopefully this is put to bed along with the nonsense conspiracy theories.

I can't even imagine how people will react if nothing happens. There is a significant number of people who have decided without a doubt she will be in prison any day now.

HA Goodman is somewhere furiously writing atm.
Hopefully this is put to bed along with the nonsense conspiracy theories.

"Why Hillary's long interview means Bernie Sanders will be the nominee"

"The FBI and California Primaries will help Bernie Sanders get the nomination"

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I think it's very likely the FBI will recommend an indictment, but if not, we still will never here the end of it from the Rep side.

very what?
It's not happening. It was never happening.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I can't even imagine how people will react if nothing happens. There is a significant number of people who have decided without a doubt she will be in prison any day now.

Conservatives and bernie diehards will probably start peddling in conspiracy theories, like they always have. The rest of us will move on.

The ramifications of something happening is far more unpredictable in my mind.

Holmes

Mhmm. The smear is done, even if (when?) the investigation turns up nothing. Just like the Benghazi thing. People will just believe otherwise.

Define "significant" in relation to say the number of people who thought Obama was born in Kenya?

I'm pretty sure the vast majority realizes shes untouchable.

royalan

3 1/2 hours, folks.

That's how long it takes to plan the corruption of the American government.

You heard it here first: $hillary is colluding with the FBI to inflate the government, take your guns, and turn your first sons gay. The truth is out there. #ReleaseTheTranscripts

Tobor

Nothing of consequence will happen. They'll be angry. They'll cry that it's not fair. They'll vote for the losing candidate in November. They'll complain for the next four years.

Blueliner

Banned
My post is only based on my perception/opinion of how the whole process has been conducted and my own time spent researching what laws she may, or may not have broken.

BasicMath

Conservatives and bernie diehards will probably start peddling in conspiracy theories, like they always have. The rest of us will move on.

The ramifications of something happening is far more unpredictable in my mind.
It's not like they don't give them a lot of material to work with. Comments like these are hilarious especially after the whole Bill Clinton\Loretta Lynch meeting incident.

My post is only based on my perception/opinion of how the whole process has been conducted and my own time spent researching what laws she may, or may not have broken.

The problem is that even if you believe she broke said laws, there is no evidence to back any of it up. This meeting is pretty much the end of the road in terms of the investigation. Believe me, you wouldn't have the entire DNC putting their reputation on the line if they thought for a second she was about to be charged with anything.

Unless she literally confessed in the interview and sobbed everywhere about how she broke every law in existence 99.9% chance there is nothing coming of this

I think it's very likely the FBI will recommend an indictment, but if not, we still will never here the end of it from the Rep side.

giphy.gif

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I think Bill getting caught by photographers meeting with Loretta Lynch followed by her having to recuse herself from the case looks pretty bad for the Clintons, the DOJ, and America in general.

Don't know if the FBI cares about how it looks though.

Blueliner

Banned
The problem is that even if you believe she broke said laws, there is no evidence to back any of it up. This meeting is pretty much the end of the road in terms of the investigation. Believe me, you wouldn't have the entire DNC putting their reputation on the line if they thought for a second she was about to be charged with anything.

The FBI is doing this independently of any other affiliated (dem or rep) organizations or influence, nobody knows except them what the outcome will be. The entire DNC would have nothing in terms of foresight into the investigation.

The FBI is doing this independently of any other affiliated (dem or rep) organizations or influence, nobody knows except them what the outcome will be. The entire DNC would have nothing in terms of foresight into the investigation.

If they were at all worried, they would not have had Hillary run.

Double Post. My bad, guys.

dCGKCqa.gif

and basically anyone with any type of insight in what has happened and federal law think an indictment is extremely unlikely.

I mean, unless you know something that everyone else doesn't know.

Volimar

I'm imagining that they will publicly say that she shouldn't have done what she did and that the State Department should have strict guidelines in place to make it clear what guidelines employees should follow (which they've done since). They'll throw a little shade her way but there won't be an indictment.

I think Bill getting caught by photographers meeting with Loretta Lynch followed by her having to recuse herself from the case looks pretty bad for the Clintons, the DOJ, and America in general.

Don't know if the FBI cares about how it looks though.

Things that didn't happen for 1000$

Where the hell do some of you people get your news from

It's not like they don't give them a lot of material to work with. Comments like these are hilarious especially after the whole Bill ClintonLoretta Lynch meeting incident.
Theres nothing strange about a past president who happens to be married to the target of a federal investigation using his power to delay a takeoff and demand a half hour closed door meeting with the prosecutor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom