• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

itxaka

Defeatist
no demo and freaking filter? Ummm don't know yet.

Will there be an option to remove the stupid filter?

Haunted

Will get this on the PC once the piss filter mods are done.

itxaka said:
no demo and freaking filter? Ummm don't know yet.

Will there be an option to remove the stupid filter?
Nah.

But people modded the PC versions of Dirt and Grid, so I'd assume it'll be the same here. Always took a couple weeks since the lighting is done on a per-track basis in EGO/Neon.

This is my GOTY from what I've seen so far. Can't wait till my G27 arrives :D
I'll be running Vettel off the track any chance I get :lol

HeliosT10

Oh no, not more talk about the p*ss filter, I thought we'd got past that now after we've confirmed it has been removed with the statement being backed up by numerous videos and independent hands-on playtests by the public :)

Great work on the OP Goldrusher looks ace.

wouwie

As a sport, F1 doesn't interest me at all but as a kid, i spent a lot of time playing Geoff Crammond's F1 game on my Amiga. I still know some tracks from that time. I haven't played an F1 game since then so i'm certainly interested to pick this one up.

Going to wait for more reviews and on how the ps3 version is (especially framerate).

Dynoro

360 day one for me - to play with buddies online then grab the Steam version in a sale down the line if the game is good enough

Also the piss filter has been removed

Helios_CM said:
Oh no, not more talk about the p*ss filter, I thought we'd got past that now after we've confirmed it has been removed with the statement being backed up by numerous videos and independent hands-on playtests by the public :)
hehehe that's what you get for using it in every single game

Sloane

Banned
Are there any videos out there that show the damage system? Even the gameplay videos I've seen so far included either none or very little damage.

HeliosT10

Foliorum Viridum said:
So those Gamescon videos that looked ridiculously yellow was to do with the camera, then? :D

If you are referring to this one then yes it is the camera, there are plenty of other Monaco vids that look nothing like that :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suWMZofgREc

Here's a list of most of the Gamescom vids on YouTube, make your own opinion. I'm sure you can at least agree it's a heck of a lot less pronounced than it was in GRID/DiRT 2. A lot of these are cam vids taken from an angle as well and not direct feed, which can sometimes distort things a little.

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ideo_view_count&suggested_categories=20&uni=3

dk_

Getting it for 360 for LIVE multiplayer. Nobody of my friends will play it on PC and AI racing gets boring after a while. Forza 3 showed me that! ;-)

kamkor

Neo Member
Also pre-ordered - can't wait. :)

Meanwhile I recommend to watch my favourite f1 race edit this year: Hungary race edit (more at f1.com)

I wonder if radio transmissions can get this intense in the game. Maybe in f1 2011 they should introduce driver to team transmission too - click LB to send/say "How the f*** is Mark in front now?" :D Or just scream to the kinect with voice recognition. ;)

Would be nice to hear things like "This is the moment to push like hell" etc.

moojito

Still not sure if I should risk preordering this from play and have it arrive 2 days after release like..... some other game (gta 4, maybe), or try getting it from a shop on release day.

Are the Red Bulls as fast in the game as in real life?
Do the AI drivers behave like their real life counter part or is Vettel and Webber gonna suddenly be good racers?

vanty

Codemasters just bumped up the Australian price on Steam by $20 US. How fantastic... Guess there'll be a lot of "gifts" in the next couple of weeks.

Salacious Crumb

vanty said:
Codemasters just bumped up the Australian price on Steam by $20 US. How fantastic... Guess there'll be a lot of "gifts" in the next couple of weeks.

Wow, glad I got in when I did...

I think that's the first game Codemasters has ever done this with.

itsgreen

Helios, will there be an end of season update with driver replacements, performance adjustments of cars(based on last races and final outcome) etc?

jambo

I'm pretty sure they're not adding anything DLC wise to F1 2010 because they are moving straight on to F1 2011

itsgreen said:
Helios, will there be an end of season update with driver replacements, performance adjustments of cars(based on last races and final outcome) etc?

There won't be an update with driver replacements I don't think. You'll have to buy F1 2011 for that.

Jimrpg

Yoritomo said:
Hilarious thread title.

Absolutely. The game was awesome. I remember never braking and just shifting to change speed although that might have been the first game. :lol

hehe :p i didn't play the first game much, but in the second, I didnt even brake on most of the corners and I didnt take the corner as I normally would in a game (outside, inside, outside)... rather it was (inside, inside, outside) and I would drive pretty much every corner like that at full speed. :D

olimpia84

Ravenn17 said:
So what team is everyone going to start out with? I think I'm going to try Williams first.

Same here. I've been a Williams F1 fan since I started watching F1 back in the late eighties.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
olimpia84 said:
Same here. I've been a Williams F1 fan since I started watching F1 back in the late eighties.

Never though about which team I would like to start with, but I would probably choose Williams as well.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Ravenn17 said:
So what team is everyone going to start out with? I think I'm going to try Williams first.
I'm going to use McLaren first, which, if the game reflects reality, wont be the easiest option for once. After that, I might see what it's like to drive the Virgin Racing car, should be good for a laugh.

Anyway, I forgot to say in my first post here but nice OP Goldrusher, informative, not OTT and very well laid out.

I hope enough people get the PC version in order for some proper online racing, that said it's a shame the PC version hasn't got 24 player online. I know the console versions can't handle that but there's nothing stopping the PC edition really.

Frawdder

Stop It said:
I hope enough people get the PC version in order for some proper online racing, that said it's a shame the PC version hasn't got 24 player online. I know the console versions can't handle that but there's nothing stopping the PC edition really.
The reason for the 12 cars was a licensing issue if I remember correctly. Something about not allowing two humans to drive in the same team. Complete crap.

Also, first time I load up the game will be Mark Webber's Red Bull at Melbourne :D

Lach

Ravenn17 said:

As a swiss, it is my sacred duty to lead Sauber to Triumph.
Still not sure if I'll get it at launch, since it's the same week as CivV...

Sloane

Banned
amar212 said:
Official game manual is uploaded to Steam.
"F1 2010’s Damage Simulation has three settings, Off, Visual Only and Full."

There's either no damage or full damage? So, uh, did they just lie about that at all the presentations or what? :lol

Career mode looks interesting but I don't know how much fun it really is with cars and drivers staying the same over the course of three years. Set-ups sound a bit meh but I didn't expect much anyway.

Chris R

Don't care about the management/lifestyle side of the game, but I guess if you do having that in there is nice. Also, didn't seem like there was a long lasting hot lap online mode (closest being the pole position mode, but that only lasts for 20 minuets). Any chance of setting up something like similar to pole position mode but lasting much longer with ghosts and dropin/dropout players???

HeliosT10

itsgreen said:

No plans for DLC, the dev teams focus will go straight on to F1 2011 once F1 2010 is out.

Top Bottom