• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

Templar Wizard said:
hey Ian, if the Korean GP doesnt go ahead, will you remove it with a patch?
hey this game is for you aswell, tw

FLASHBACKS
Flashbacks are a handy way of correcting mistakes.
When things go wrong in a race simply select Instant Replay from the Pause menu and rewind your race to a point before things began to go awry. When you find your ideal point within the race, hit the Flashback button to jump back in time and correct your mistake.
You have a fixed number of Flashbacks, so use them wisely. This number changes based upon the difficulty level you have selected, so you may find you need to use them sparingly.
Note that with the games difficulty set to Expert, no Flashbacks will be available.
It is possible to use Flashbacks within Time Trial; however, doing so will invalidate your lap.
In Multiplayer, no Flashbacks are available.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Have they made any comments about DLC to update for next season's lineup - at least drivers, maybe team liveries?

Just seems like an odd time to release an F1 game - although its quite close in the championship, so interest might be higher, it means its almost out of date before it comes out.

pilonv1

vanty said:
Codemasters just bumped up the Australian price on Steam by $20 US. How fantastic... Guess there'll be a lot of "gifts" in the next couple of weeks.

Or people like me wont bother.

Joseph Merrick said:
hey this game is for you aswell, tw

FLASHBACKS
Flashbacks are a handy way of correcting mistakes.
When things go wrong in a race simply select Instant Replay from the Pause menu and rewind your race to a point before things began to go awry. When you find your ideal point within the race, hit the Flashback button to jump back in time and correct your mistake.
You have a fixed number of Flashbacks, so use them wisely. This number changes based upon the difficulty level you have selected, so you may find you need to use them sparingly.
Note that with the games difficulty set to Expert, no Flashbacks will be available.
It is possible to use Flashbacks within Time Trial; however, doing so will invalidate your lap.
In Multiplayer, no Flashbacks are available.

double-u tee eff

you mean when we are going to be 'a couple a white folks in some cling-clangs' oh el, we wont have some vile hammy-type rewind cheatery?

will we be fighting for Super KK race seat?

Ravenn17

Link
Attending press conferences and interviews, exploring the paddock area and in-team competition between drivers makes [F1 2010] one of the first F1 games to make players feel like a driver rather than a car.'
The mag adds that it's 'delighted' with the officially licensed game's handling, which is says offers a 'huge amount of precision'.

90% from GameMaster.

HeliosT10

Templar Wizard said:
hey Ian, if the Korean GP doesnt go ahead, will you remove it with a patch?

It'll still be in the game, I'm sure people wouldn't appreciate us removing game content with a patch :)

I'm confident the Korean GP will go ahead though, plus even if it doesn't in the game it is a really good looking track and great fun to race on.

vanty said:
Codemasters just bumped up the Australian price on Steam by $20 US. How fantastic... Guess there'll be a lot of "gifts" in the next couple of weeks.

I'm going to complain in here as well as the Steam thread - so uncool. If you're going to do something like this, at least announce it first so people can get in before the hike.

Somewhat tarnishes the release of what looks like a great game.

K' Dash

Neuromancer said:
rickybobby_alig.jpg

Can't wait to play this on my setup (MS racing wheel + Playseat Evolution).

"and now the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker"

:lol

1-D_FTW

Just locked into the US Steam price at 35.99. After what was pulled with Australia, I figured best not to put it off any longer.

DieH@rd

Banned
mrklaw said:
Have they made any comments about DLC to update for next season's lineup - at least drivers, maybe team liveries?

There will be no DLC for next year season, buy exactly one year from now you can expect a full F1 2011 game. Codemasters has a licence for next 2 years. If sales go well they will release F1 2012 also.

NHale

DieH@rd said:
There will be no DLC for next year season, buy exactly one year from now you can expect a full F1 2011 game. Codemasters has a licence for next 2 years. If sales go well they will release F1 2012 also.

I would be shocked if this game doesn't sell very well (at least in Europe).

It's getting a lot of positive impressions from the gaming media, the last F1 game was a PS3 launch title so everyone is eager to play a new F1 game and it's the first opportunity to play as Lewis Hamilton (without mods) which will have a huge impact in the UK.

itsgreen

Helios_CM said:
No plans for DLC, the dev teams focus will go straight on to F1 2011 once F1 2010 is out.

Ah too bad.

By the way, the stand at the top of Spa's Eau Rouge has a roof :)

Fix it for 2011 ;)

pilonv1

1-D_FTW said:
Just locked into the US Steam price at 35.99. After what was pulled with Australia, I figured best not to put it off any longer.

It's only increased because our dollar is so much stronger now yet game prices here are ludicrously high. Some distributors dont care, others (2k & Codemasters/Namco) love to charge us a tax.

amar212

DieH@rd said:
If sales go well they will release F1 2012 also.

Maybe Helios can correst me in this, but I think Codemasters had bought a 3 year license. 2009 was spent on PSP and Wii title, this year is 2010 multiplatform and their 2011 game will also be multiplatform.

Then the license ends and FOM - I think licencse is issued by FOM, not FIA or FOPA - will again bid it to the highest bidder, as they did in 2008 (Sony didn't want to bid again, EA and Activison didn't give enough money while Codemasters agreed with Bernie's terms).

So, F1 2012 could again see a new developer/publisher.

All remaining 3 big players - and there is also Microsoft Games, but somehow I do not see their intrest because of USA-oriented business - have studios that can make very good F1 games.

Sony have both Studio Liverpool and Polyphony Digital (we yet have to witness in what amount have F1 cars from previous seasons and which GP tracks are actually included in GT5), both with great experience, but somehow limited by platform. I have some ideas what they could do through some theoretic F1-licensed DLC for GT series, but that business-model would have to be made extremely careful in order to return the investment.

Electronic Arts have Slightly Mad Studios who were indeed working on Ferrari F1 Project before heading over to EA and Shift experiment.

Activision, on the other hand, have Bizzare Studios, with their great Psygnosys heritage, excellent engine already presented in both Gotham 3 and 4, and all money Kottick can push once he gets sure that F1 games can be profitable. And I still believe that Activison's decision to get Bizzare was motivated with idea to produce an F1 title - there is no logic on Earth they bought them to produce Blur.

And just for info, price for one year license back in 2008 was 15 million dollars (maybe euros, not so sure) per season. It would be very intresting to know the numbers, but I doubt COdemasters will reveal them.

We'll see.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I would also not be surprised if the PC version sells more copies than the console version. I have seen a lot, and I mean A LOT of posts and comments from people saying they will buy the PC version. Some of them said this will be the first time they will buy a racing game on PC, instead of buying the console version.

That is good news. The more poeple on PC, the more people I can race against online :D

I really wanna see this game do well.

NHale said:
I would be shocked if this game doesn't sell very well (at least in Europe).

It's getting a lot of positive impressions from the gaming media, the last F1 game was a PS3 launch title so everyone is eager to play a new F1 game and it's the first opportunity to play as Lewis Hamilton (without mods) which will have a huge impact in the UK.

Yeah I don't care that much about playing as Lewis or Jenson, even though I am English and a McLaren fan. It's more a case of it being the first F1 game in 4 years.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I just got my review build, no videos or images allowed because of licensing issues though. Embargo sometimes next week.

Juicy Bob

AcridMeat said:
Someone with sense. Are you going to mount the other cars when it's raining in Malaysia too? :D

Don't you mean China? :p

I'm looking forward to the whole 'Live the Life' thing, although I'm a bit disappointed Codies haven't included a special 'going to court with the FIA' mini-game.

Excellent OP by the way.

K' Dash

The last time I played a F1 game was F1 World Grand Prix for Nintendo 64, and Gaddamn that was one of the greatest racing games I've played, I'm very excited about this.

AcridMeat

Banned
Juicy Bob said:

I'm looking forward to the whole 'Live the Life' thing, although I'm a bit disappointed Codies haven't included a special 'going to court with the FIA' mini-game.

Excellent OP by the way.

I always forget if it was Malaysia or China. I was never able to find that replay but my friend and I reference it every time we watch F1 now.

vanty said:

Weird. It's still $35.99 on the NZ store.

Dilly

Banned
AcridMeat said:
Someone with sense. Are you going to mount the other cars when it's raining in Malaysia too? :D

Is there any other way? :p

Anyway, don't remind me of it, that season sucked so hard for BMW. :lol

DieH@rd

Banned
Blimblim said:
I just got my review build, no videos or images allowed because of licensing issues though. Embargo sometimes next week.

I'm requesting video of perfect lap on Monaco track [no crashes with other cars or fences], with full pro physics and handling. Do it. :D

NHale

Juicy Bob said:

Excellent OP by the way.

I only wish F1 2011 main feature is "Live Michael Schumacher Life", where you live the great moments of his career.

- Push Damon Hill against a wall
- Crash against Villeneuve in the deciding race of the championship.
- Make Rubens Barrichello cry mini-game
- Park your car at Rascasse in the end of the Monaco GP Qualify
- Try to kill Barrichello in Hungary.

Helios_CM said:
It'll still be in the game, I'm sure people wouldn't appreciate us removing game content with a patch :)

I'm confident the Korean GP will go ahead though, plus even if it doesn't in the game it is a really good looking track and great fun to race on.
How about if they replace it with another track. Will it become DLC?

19Kilo

IGN UK posted a Living the Life preview.

This aspect of the game has actually got me pretty excited, especially talk like this:

Beating your team-mate reaps its own rewards. At the season's halfway point the team will reassess its situation, and if you've been consistently quicker you'll be rewarded number one status in the team. That doesn't just mean you get first dibs on the choc ices in the team motorhome; you'll also be first in line when it comes to getting the upgrades that come through the season, and you'll be able to dictate the direction of development of the car to suit your driving style.

These upgrades can be significant. Start the career in a Lotus and the car will be at first a total dog – staying ahead of the other new teams is an achievement, and beating the likes of Force India and Sauber for a fifteenth place feels like winning the championship. A few races in and things can improve, however. Friday practice sessions often start off with a little R&D run, trying to achieve a set time to unlock a new part for the car – for instance a new throttle map that alters the torque of the car or improved brake pads that dramatically improve the car's stopping distance.

That's exactly what I want in a career based F1 game. Kudos CM! :D

Animal

Banned
I'm having trouble deciding between PC and PS3 version. I have a Logitech DFGT as a wheel and it supposedly works on both PC and PS3. I have an overclocked i7 920 @ 3.8Ghz with an overclocked MSI 260 GTX 216. I'm thinking my PC will give me a much better experience graphically than my ps3 no?

fresquito

Animal said:
I'm having trouble deciding between PC and PS3 version. I have a Logitech DFGT as a wheel and it supposedly works on both PC and PS3. I have an overclocked i7 920 @ 3.8Ghz with an overclocked MSI 260 GTX 216. I'm thinking my PC will give me a much better experience graphically than my ps3 no?
Why the doubts? I mean, it will be cheaper and better graphically. DFGT is compatible with both systems, so...

19Kilo

Animal said:

Don't even look at your PS3, you're going to be much happier with the game on that PC.

HeliosT10

amar212 said:
Maybe Helios can correst me in this, but I think Codemasters had bought a 3 year license. 2009 was spent on PSP and Wii title, this year is 2010 multiplatform and their 2011 game will also be multiplatform.

Then the license ends and FOM - I think licencse is issued by FOM, not FIA or FOPA - will again bid it to the highest bidder, as they did in 2008 (Sony didn't want to bid again, EA and Activison didn't give enough money while Codemasters agreed with Bernie's terms).

So, F1 2012 could again see a new developer/publisher.

All remaining 3 big players - and there is also Microsoft Games, but somehow I do not see their intrest because of USA-oriented business - have studios that can make very good F1 games.

Sony have both Studio Liverpool and Polyphony Digital (we yet have to witness in what amount have F1 cars from previous seasons and which GP tracks are actually included in GT5), both with great experience, but somehow limited by platform. I have some ideas what they could do through some theoretic F1-licensed DLC for GT series, but that business-model would have to be made extremely careful in order to return the investment.

Electronic Arts have Slightly Mad Studios who were indeed working on Ferrari F1 Project before heading over to EA and Shift experiment.

Activision, on the other hand, have Bizzare Studios, with their great Psygnosys heritage, excellent engine already presented in both Gotham 3 and 4, and all money Kottick can push once he gets sure that F1 games can be profitable. And I still believe that Activison's decision to get Bizzare was motivated with idea to produce an F1 title - there is no logic on Earth they bought them to produce Blur.

And just for info, price for one year license back in 2008 was 15 million dollars (maybe euros, not so sure) per season. It would be very intresting to know the numbers, but I doubt COdemasters will reveal them.

We'll see.

There will defo be an F1 2011, plus we also have an option with FOM for 2012.

Oh, and while I'm here, I've linked below to another quality vid from Autosport with plenty of crisp gameplay footage along with Ant Davidsons views on the game. Some of the Monaco footage looks amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZeGbQ0fojo

Dilly

Banned
The Monaco lap with the McLaren in that video looks amazing. Definately delivers on the claustrophobic feeling in Monaco. Something I always felt simulators lacked.

AcridMeat

Banned
Dilly said:
Is there any other way? :p

Anyway, don't remind me of it, that season sucked so hard for BMW. :lol

I am a BMW fan (was I suppose, still like Sauber) and a big Kubica fan, that was just the pinnacle of his awesome last season. :lol

Top Bottom