• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2010 |OT| The 12th Annual Hermann Tilke Championship

stewy

Has Codemasters commented on whether they're going to patch the game to fix the pitting problem?

Picking my copy up tonight. Can't wait.

Animal

Banned
Sector 2 of Sakhir reminds me alot of a couple of karting tracks I've been to. I don't hate it but I don't love it either. It was a bit difficult to wrap my head around it but I got the hang of it.

zugzug

playing on PC with keyboard easy mode 20% race. Man they sorta blew the easy mode handholding on section 2 It simply would not let me accelrate thru those easy short turns in career mode with the HRT. So I finished last first race blues getting use to game pit stop bug. Hated this track hated this race.

goto Australia I qualified 4th in the rain, Finished 17th pit stop bug and 10 second penality for causing collision. So either the handholding for easy mode was eased up but i luved this race and this track. Or I'm not sure how much it mattered but the HRT was much better. Oh the actual race was dry not rainy like practice and qualifying was. I pitted in 4th place came out in 22nd ended up 15th after others did their pit stops.

Heh, I caused collision with Kubica, and then later on I totally busted Hamilton's front wing on the back of my car no penalty for that one.

Dommel

Dilly said:
The new piece of Bahrein must be one of the most terrible pieces of track i've ever seen.

I was really doubting this game when I first started playing, Bahrein is such an amazingly shitty track (also visually).

Progressing to Australia restored my faith.

DarkJC

Mirroring the sentiments here. Melbourne is an absolute joy to race in, especially after the drudgery of Bahrain. I think Bahrain has its moments but S2 feels like it shouldn't be in F1.

edit: Also, playing with the G25 has made me wish logitech put some more buttons on the wheel itself, or at least stuck a dpad on there. It's kind of hard to adjust things like the front wing on the fly when you need to take one hand off the wheel to do it.

Haunted

The Bahrain track is absolutely disgusting. If everyone chimes in how abysmal it is in here, I can only assume that the game did a good job replicating it. :lol

Roxas

Played "Grand Prix" mode earlier online. Was good fun. Of course there were some dickheads who were trying their best to grief people during qualifying (deliberatly trying to crash at the start/finish line) but they got bored eventually and quit out.

I said earlier in the thread that Monaco would be a bad circuit online to race and in the 2 races i have had i was right. Just a complete clusterfuck when 12 cars all go into that first corner :lol

shigsy

Sorry if this has been answered back along, how do you set Time Trial mode to be wet? Cant find it anywhere! :D

1-D_FTW

I don't think you can. Time trials are meant to be fixed conditions where you race to get top spot on the leaderboards (I think).

Haunted said:
The Bahrain track is absolutely disgusting. If everyone chimes in how abysmal it is in here, I can only assume that the game did a good job replicating it. :lol

Yeah, turns 7 to 15 are a nightmare. I remember playing the the PS3 2006 version and it was a much nicer track to drive on before they chewed it up.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Animal said:
Sector 2 of Sakhir reminds me alot of a couple of karting tracks I've been to. I don't hate it but I don't love it either. It was a bit difficult to wrap my head around it but I got the hang of it.
Oh god, Sakhir, I am glad to see the back of that track.

Anyway, something tells me the difficulty of the AI is all over the place. During practice, I was struggling to get into the top 20 (I am driving as a Virgin Racing team member after all) and if I am honest, I was expecting that considering I had the game set to hard (so AI at Professional, not Legend).

Then, I decide to try to use the Option tyres in P3, what a difference that made! The car suddenly became so much easier to drive and I was in the top 10 (8th in fact) at the end of the session. Of course, driving a Virgin that shouldn't happen, so I fully expected to be destroyed in qualifying, oh dear.

In Q1 I decided to try to stick with the Prime tyres, and my first lap ended me 17th, on the bubble. I skipped ahead a bit and got knocked down to 18th so I had to go again. Sticking with the Prime tyre, I went out and from nowhere produced a bonsai lap, I ended the session in 3rd! Still, I wondered if the AI acted like in real life, saving their tyres for Q2/Q3, wrong again. I set out in Q2 with a set of Primes and crashed into a wall, oops. Returning to the pits, I went for the Option tyre and landed my Virgin car on Pole in Q2.

I didn't have as much luck in Q3, the likes of Button, Hamilton and Liuzzi (!) beat me into 4th but I was more than shocked with the result, then everything went wrong.

While qualifying was a bit easy considering the team I was in (I dare not think how much faster I would have been in an RBR, Ferrari or McLaren, the race was a farce. Within the end up the first lap I was 1st (I didn't mean to knock Hamilton out, honest!) and without even trying I waltzed off into the distance.

The only thing that stopped me from winning by more is because I pitted at lap 3, hardly anyone else did and I got caught in traffic, holding me up as overtakes are not easy in this game, much harder than in the SCEE Liverpool F1 games and far more realistic in that regard. Still, the fact that the AI seems to lose the ability to drive (even on pro difficulty) in the races is slightly worrying.

Of course that was possibly my worst track, which doesn't bode well for the next one; my favourite, Albert park. Maybe I should just hit the AI to Legend and see what happens.

Haunted said:
Oh, it's a fantastic re-creation, the bastards. I hate the track with a passion. It was bad enough before but the karting bit in sector 2? Fucking hell is that a royal pain to navigate.

shigsy said:
Sorry if this has been answered back along, how do you set Time Trial mode to be wet? Cant find it anywhere! :D

Once you select the track I think you can hover over its icon and select again to choose weather conditions.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Animal said:

Bahrain is super tiny island so that why it's like a kart track :lol

but yeah I agree with the most here the track is ugly , I hate it.

NHale

lastplayed said:
Yeah, turns 7 to 15 are a nightmare. I remember playing the the PS3 2006 version and it was a much nicer track to drive on before they chewed it up.

They are going to return to the old layout next year. :D

Stop It said:

They clearly need to tune the AI in the patch because it's too easy in my opinion. It's much harder in grand prix mode than it is in career mode, so I believe something went wrong. "Codemasters" :lol

NHale

lastplayed said:
Dammit, I hope they patch it in. :(

They will....in F1 2011. :lol

lastplayed said:
I also hope they patch Nick Heidfeld back in now that he's back with BMW. I miss Quick Nick. :lol

Codemasters already said they were not going to put Yamamoto in the game so no Quick Nick either.

vehn

So what's the secret to finding people to play with you in multiplayer? I try doing the sprint and one person joins after a few minutes then leaves a few minutes later. Can't seem to find enough people to join the lobby :/ are there just less than 50 people playing this on pc?

NHale said:
Codemasters already said they were not going to put Yamamoto in the game so no Quick Nick either.

That's a shame. An F1 game could really benefit from patches and DLC, even if they charged for it. But I guess we'll be seeing static full releases instead.

TheDrowningMan said:
Hmm, I didn't seem to have those options - just controls, audio and so on. Maybe because I said I'm relatively inexperienced at F1 when I started the career...shall investigate further later, thanks.

It seems that "MyF1" option disappears once you finish Bahrein and then appears "Results". Anyway you can go in the truck to the race option ( the name of the circuit ) and there you have "options". If you scroll down you will find the options you wanted. The first time i didn´t realize you could scroll down.

Chris R

Bahrain would be decent if the would run the Inner Circuit or the Paddock Circuit :lol

Speaking of that I'm assuming there are no course variants in the game?

rhfb said:
Bahrain would be decent if the would run the Inner Circuit or the Paddock Circuit :lol

Speaking of that I'm assuming there are no course variants in the game?

No variants. I do wish they would put classic tracks in, at least for time trial and quick races.

1-D_FTW

MiniBossBattle said:
Whelp just bought my copy. Can't wait.

I know that name from the Trackmania United leaderboards. Be afraid people. Be very afraid.

vehn said:
So what's the secret to finding people to play with you in multiplayer? I try doing the sprint and one person joins after a few minutes then leaves a few minutes later. Can't seem to find enough people to join the lobby :/ are there just less than 50 people playing this on pc?

From what I can see, choose custom and leave all filters on. When I finally discovered that, I could find games with 6 or 7 people in them.:lol

Sent

vehn said:

Wish I knew, you'd figure there'd be more games up (PC)

Choc

Banned
codemasters needs to realise that when a car runs into you, its not your fault and you should not be penalised, twice on monaco this happened and i just lost it and got black flagged after ramming everyone off (after trying to drive properly and getting pinged for other cars hitting me)

the flags in the game are tough sometimes :)

still, absolutely loving it, especially Career mode.

Animal

Banned
Though this game has some obvious issues, I'm still really happy with it. Though my race was pretty much ruined because of the pitstop bug, for a couple of laps I really felt like an F1 driver in a Grand Prix.

Juicy Bob

How to win online on PS3:

1) Avoid first corner pileup

2) Drive through wreckage and take lead

3) Complete remaining laps without any stupid errors

vehn

Juicy Bob said:
How to win online on PS3:

1) Avoid first corner pileup

2) Drive through wreckage and take lead

3) Complete remaining laps without any stupid errors

online is pretty crap with ABS allowed. All you do is hold the acceleration the entire time and follow the line. Of course you can turn those off, but you get a pretty big disadvantage from the people who have it turned on (especially if you don't know the track)

AcridMeat

Banned
IT ISN'T FAIR. I drove to my first pole in Sepang, I was super excited, I was going to have a legitimate challenge winning my first race! I pit early but Button (2nd) went in with me and took over 1st (slow pit crew) no biggie, I can race after him. I did and took over the lead yet again.

Now, I had waited while racing on my primes for everyone else to pit so I could reclaim my 1st position. The only problem was, Trulli had not. I figured, oh well he must be on the prime tire to begin with so he'll go on much longer. Then the 8th lap comes around, then the 9th, 10th...11th!? WTF!?

Cblyr.jpg

The fucker never went into the god damn pits!! From the looks of it, neither did Kobayashi or Barrichello. Did I miss something here?!

edit: I do remember there was a spin out or crash or something during the race, which could explain how Button and the like are so far behind. That doesn't explain Trulli or Kobayashi though.

Sorry if this has been asked in the thread (it isn't in the op I don't think) but on the 360 version what is the FPS? 30 is fine by me but hopefully there are no drops.

Leunam

No idea. Maybe it only comes into play on races that are percentage of laps instead of 3, 5, or 10.

Or I could be imagining it. :lol

AcridMeat

Banned
Leunam said:
No idea. Maybe it only comes into play on races that are percentage of laps instead of 3, 5, or 10.

Or I could be imagining it. :lol

But I've had all of mine set to 20%. :/

I'm over the fact I lost, but if that's actually another bug or just a flat out cock up of the rules I will be upset. I may also make my next race 30% to avoid any of this crap again.

Choc

Banned
any one else really disappointed that the qualifying is not the system they have today :(

the knockout system is really good

so sick of selecting 'flying lap' and nbeing placed in traffic by the game on that

Juicy Bob

Choc said:
any one else really disappointed that the qualifying is not the system they have today :(

the knockout system is really good

so sick of selecting 'flying lap' and nbeing placed in traffic by the game on that

Select 'Long Race Weekend' format to get the full qualifying system.

Also, AcidMeat: that sounds like a bug.

DarkJC

Races that are race distance 20% or larger have the pit rules enforced.

Anything less than that you don't have to pit.

edit: If you had it set to 20% and the AI still didn't pit, well, it sounds like we found some cheaters!

Top Bottom