• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Orgun

Stop It said:
Haha, I'll keep that in mind.

Shh, you're not meant to give the game away!

Seriously though, I may be moving soon, and my Saturdays may become a no-go zone for F1 if I'm not careful.

Don't worry dude, if I don't make it into the league i'll be your replacement driver! :D

mclaren777

It's only a matter of time now.

jqN30.png

AcridMeat

Banned
Bungieware said:
No idea wats going on uy u US f1 2011 mafas gotta tell me wats going on with then game. Is it good?
What? It's not even ou-
Bungieware said:
/drank thred
Oh.

In that case it's brilliant, best game ever. Said it's only gonna be this good until Friday though so sorry guys.

AcridMeat

Banned
I want to remind PC players to make sure you join our official steam group. Especially if you are interested in the league or racing with other members of GAF. We all go into that group chat whenever we have league events or want to organize folks.

NO_Quarter25 said:
How was the Steam launch on 2010? Hope it wasn't a disaster like Dead Island.
In the UK it didn't unlock hours after it was meant to.

... and I was going out for the night when it finally did! No luck, haha.

AcridMeat

Banned
A few of us are going to get a 20% race in first thing. No practice with the tires or handling, safety car on. See what happens, fuck yeah!

Raudi

My copy is "Ready to Play" but I got an internal data fragmentation warning???

I'm letting the defrag run, then should be online shortly - I joined the steam group!

HenryHSH

Raudi said:
My copy is "Ready to Play" but I got an internal data fragmentation warning???

I'm letting the defrag run, then should be online shortly - I joined the steam group!

Do the defrag overnight... Unless you have an SSD or you're ok with waiting an hour for it.

Decrypting is a bitch too. Zzzz. 51-52 percent take forever.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Interestingly, I spotted a 'Live Marketplace' option while watching some of the live stream coverage. I wonder what they're going to put up for DLC?

It also brings into question, whether purchases made for this years game will carry over onto next years version.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
HenryHSH said:
They've discussed historical cars and tracks. All requires hard to get licenses, so we'll see. We might get nothing.

Ooh...the prospect of getting the chance to drive an MP4/4 around Monaco would be brilliant. Similarly I'd love to match an FW14B against an RB7 around a technical track and match Adrian Newey's past and present designs. The possibilities are endless there. Do it Codemasters. My wallet is ready ;)

Iknos

Although no one probably cares and hey why should you I have decided to pick up the ps3 version of the game to start. If my cousin likes it I buy him the 360 version.

So why get the inferior version? I will update to the PC version when I build a new PC so it doesn't matter anyways I'll have gfx even better than the 360 version.

Iknos said:
Although no one probably cares and hey why should you I have decided to pick up the ps3 version of the game to start. If my cousin likes it I buy him the 360 version.

So why get the inferior version? I will update to the PC version when I build a new PC so it doesn't matter anyways I'll have gfx even better than the 360 version.
Keep us updated, I've been thinking about double dipping.

Fixed1979

Gave up on getting this going tonight. Deleted the game and downloading again. I knew I shouldn't have bothered pre-loading.

Some of us are in the Steam Group chat if you guys wanna read visually stunning text about us playing the game.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Marcellus Wallace said:
I apologize if it's been asked, but is there any difference between the console versions?

We're all still waiting on the final word on that. From the videos, the PS3 version looks great. I'm not sure how it compares to the 360 / PC versions though. I'm waiting on the Digital Foundry comparison until I double dip on the PS3 copy. I decided to go for the PC version initially as PS3 conversions can be a bit hit and miss. That said F1 2010 and Dirt 2/3 on the PS3 look quite close to the 360 version, so I'd imagine it'll be the same case here.

Raudi

HenryHSH said:
Do the defrag overnight... Unless you have an SSD or you're ok with waiting an hour for it.

Decrypting is a bitch too. Zzzz. 51-52 percent take forever.

The Defrag only took about 5 minutes to run on my OCZ Vertex 2 SSD ;)

I set all Graphics options to highest settings (ULTRA) with 8XAA and 5760x1080 resolution and I'm averaging 55-65fps on my GTX 590 and the game looks GLORIOUS!

Ran the first 2 races in career and easily qualified 1st and won both races on medium difficulty - time to up the ante and try hard!

FFB feels really good on my Fanatec PWTS using SEN 250, FFB 070, SHO 040, DRI 003, DPR -2, SPR -2

Top Bottom