• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Orgun

Foliorum Viridum said:
Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 is what I have. Cheap (£10 when I bought them), comfy and the sound quality seems pretty good.

USB, if it matters.

Fixed, how can I have it so Steam is on my big HDD but F1 2011 alone is on my SSD?

Program called SteamTool is what I use, I have almost everything on my 1TB drive except for the new stuff which is on my SSD with my steam install. All the stuff on the 1TB drive is linked to steam, it does it all for ya,

Orgun said:
Program called SteamTool is what I use, I have almost everything on my 1TB drive except for the new stuff which is on my SSD with my steam install. All the stuff on the 1TB drive is linked to steam, it does it all for ya,
That's even easier. Cheers!

Edit: Yep, it's on my SSD. 12gb left!

Dibbz

Add me to the PS3 league. PSN is Dibbz

I play GT5 with Neogaf whenever it is organized (every week almost) so you can count on my to turn up for this. I just hope others are the same and don't drop out after a week or two.

Oh it's a DX9 issue? That explains why it always loaded fast for me.

So HA, Lucius, with your new DX11 card I shan't be waiting for you :)

Edit: Shagg, what's yo GFWL tag?

I know for people in the US who preloaded the Steam version already it says it unlocks on the 19th, is that tonight at midnight?

GFWL: chasechasechase
SteamID: either chasechasechase or pleasebanchase, I can never remember.

Lucius86

Banned
Aye, I got all excited when I saw the F1 2011 TV ad during the half time for Man Utd Chelsea match. My housemates just gave a huge massive sigh as they know I will disappear come next Friday.

Their fucking loss.

pmj

I suppose most here rock Logitechs, but if there are any owners of Fanatec wheels here I'd be very interested in some feedback on how it feels once the game is out.

I found the force feedback in F1 2010 to be rather poor and buggy on my GT2, but this time around they've shown the game a bunch of times with Fanatec wheels. I'm hopeful that it's improved, but I'd like confirmation.

Everything about this game looks great. I can't believe I'm so excited after quitting the first game a few races into season 1 due to how broken it is.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Oh it's a DX9 issue? That explains why it always loaded fast for me.

So HA, Lucius, with your new DX11 card I shan't be waiting for you :)

Edit: Shagg, what's yo GFWL tag?
shagg187

Atleast that's what Dirt 3 says it is! :p

Speaking of headset, I was going to buy Corsair HS1A headset as they look phenomenally good (and on sale for $40!) but the most comfy headphone/earphone are my Sony iPhone earphones, so I just bought an adapter to split the audio/mic channels.

I will buy the headset if this shit doesn't work.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Well, unless there's loads of people online who want one final race in the next day or two, I think I'm done!

f1uu44.jpg

Jesus.

My highlights:

This overtake of Stop It. Not incredibly impressive, but the way in which he kept coming back onto the track made me think about backing out, but I kept my foot down and goddamn did it feel good. So close!

The entire race at Catalunya, again mostly because of Stop It. His wheel disconnected, he got a puncture, it looked like it was all going to come down to the last few laps and then BAM, I get a puncture too robbing us of a final epic battle. It played out perfectly.

+ Countless hours of great banter, inside jokes and meeting random (and often angry) people on GFWL.

I do feel like now it's time for a change. Doing a few races now it definitely feels like I know the game inside out and that it's near impossible to surprise me again. Bring on the new features of 2011.

Some great racing memories there.

I'm very much ready for F1 2011. The new game mechanics and handling model are enough for me, an I feel that I know F1 2010 a little too well now. Only a few days to go, hopefully we can make even better events happen in the new game.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.

Shaneus

I was just re-reading the OP again... what would the chances be of bumping the start time to around 8 or 9pm GMT? I had a quick look at the regions of a few major time zones and it would be far more accessible for everyone (including Australians, even though 9pm GMT is 6am, it's better than 3!).

Mush

Shaneus said:
I was just re-reading the OP again... what would the chances be of bumping the start time to around 8 or 9pm GMT? I had a quick look at the regions of a few major time zones and it would be far more accessible for everyone (including Australians, even though 9pm GMT is 6am, it's better than 3!).
Racing at 4am sounds fun. :p

Shaneus

I actually prefer 6am. I usually go out fairly regularly on a Saturday night and don't usually get home until around 4 or 5 anyway. But if the option is there, I'd gladly take an afternoon or mid-morning race.

If the case is that it's inconvenient for too many people, it might be better to organise a second league based on time zones rather than performance. I guess at the end we can have a mano-a-mano shootout between the two WDCs for maximum awesome.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Well, unless there's loads of people online who want one final race in the next day or two, I think I'm done!

f1uu44.jpg

Jesus.

My highlights:

This overtake of Stop It. Not incredibly impressive, but the way in which he kept coming back onto the track made me think about backing out, but I kept my foot down and goddamn did it feel good. So close!

The entire race at Catalunya, again mostly because of Stop It. His wheel disconnected, he got a puncture, it looked like it was all going to come down to the last few laps and then BAM, I get a puncture too robbing us of a final epic battle. It played out perfectly.

Our destruction derby. One epic night where not one serious race was had.

+ Countless hours of great banter, inside jokes and meeting random (and often angry) people on GFWL.

I do feel like now it's time for a change. Doing a few races now it definitely feels like I know the game inside out and that it's near impossible to surprise me again. Bring on the new features of 2011.

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun last year.

Frawdder

Shaneus said:
I actually prefer 6am. I usually go out fairly regularly on a Saturday night and don't usually get home until around 4 or 5 anyway. But if the option is there, I'd gladly take an afternoon or mid-morning race.

If the case is that it's inconvenient for too many people, it might be better to organise a second league based on time zones rather than performance. I guess at the end we can have a mano-a-mano shootout between the two WDCs for maximum awesome.
If there is a second league at a sensible time for us Australians, count me in.

Shaneus

I might do a quick poll over at AusGAF and here. If there are enough to fill a group (or come close) we should start one up.

AcridMeat

Banned
Unfortunately that was the issue last year as well. Hope for the best that we can get everyone who wants in racing in a league of some sort.

I'd love a later start time because it was 8am for me last year. I think it's fair to say at the least that it's subject to change depending on who qualifies.

Shaneus

AcridMeat said:
Unfortunately that was the issue last year as well. Hope for the best that we can get everyone who wants in racing in a league of some sort.

I'd love a later start time because it was 8am for me last year. I think it's fair to say at the least that it's subject to change depending on who qualifies.
That actually sounds like a better idea. Get everyone over here, then work out a league based on both times and location (if needed).

I mean, I could probably still make a 3am start, but not consistently. It's also possible I guess that people in regions who could feasibly do both would prefer one that starts later.

Lucius86

Banned
The problem with us Brits at an 8pm/9pm start time is that it's on a Saturday - so I will hardly make any as I will be likely going out.

I will let FV handle the issue.

Branson

I hope the mirrors are better this year as well. 2010's were kind of useless because the cars would pop in pretty late.

Lach

So how full is the PC League (or do we already have two)? If we are going to make regional groups, I'd be in the european! :)

I'm very close to getting myself a G27. Last year I didn't dare to compete online with my gamepad, but after watching a few of the race vids I really think it could be quite fun.

AcridMeat

Banned
Lach said:
So how full is the PC League (or do we already have two)? If we are going to make regional groups, I'd be in the european! :)

I'm very close to getting myself a G27. Last year I didn't dare to compete online with my gamepad, but after watching a few of the race vids I really think it could be quite fun.

Not full by any means. We'll have a qualifier 2-3 weeks post release to set our 16.

edit: By no means am I suggesting starting at something late like 8-9. But is something like 6pm that bad? I've spoken to your friends Lucius, they kind of want some time together without you first.

Lucius86

Banned
AcridMeat said:
Not full by any means. We'll have a qualifier 2-3 weeks post release to set our 16.

edit: By no means am I suggesting starting at something late like 8-9. But is something like 6pm that bad? I've spoken to your friends Lucius, they kind of want some time together without you first.

Ha, I am offended. I will have to speak to them to ensure the validity of your accusation.

5:30pm would be okay for me personally for most weekends. But considering the league won't start until 2-3 weeks after the game has come out, I think we should be deciding times close to then, when we know who will realistically be up for 9 weeks of racing pretty much every Saturday.

Lach

AcridMeat said:

Guess I should've read the league OP :p
For my entry into the list:

GFWL Username: Hardan
Steam Username: hardan

Angst

For the league admins:

this tool is your friend when posting race times: http://secondapps.com/countdown/

No more confusion regarding times! (perhaps you already knew about this?) It generates an image you can post in the thread - and it automatically updates. It's magic :)

although there will probably still be confusion when clocks change due to DST... :p

Game releases in Europe:
t1316653200z0.png

Manik

I've got the day booked off work in anticipation.

If -bannedsite- don't deliver on time then there will be tears.

mxgt

Banned
banned site usually deliver a day or two early from my past experiences with them.

I don't know if GFWL titles have release day locks on them though.

Lach

Salacious Crumb said:
I can't make myself wait for over 2 days to play so I'm going to use some VPN trickery to unlock the game early on steam :D

Does this usually work (without any side effects)?

Xun

How long does it usually take DigitalFoundry to make a comparison?

I'm still holding out, but here's what I've concluded so far:

PS3 version:

+ Free online
+ PS3 league
- Located in a worse place than my 360 (my biggest problem). I'd be further away from the TV, and thus it would be less immersive with a steering wheel.

360 version:

+ Slightly better graphics?
+ Located in a much better place for when I play with a steering wheel.
- Have to pay for XBL which I do not presently have.
- No 360 league unless I or someone else were to make one.

Decisions, decisions. :/

Top Bottom