• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

19:43 - Commander Lucius: ha, it was pretty mental
19:44 - FoliorumViridum: So if the game is proper fixed now
19:44 - FoliorumViridum: No interest in league lucas?
19:44 - Commander Lucius: nope
19:44 - Commander Lucius: and reading the forums
19:44 - Commander Lucius: its not proper fixed

Where is your champ now, GAF?

I knew Crumbs was a more worthy 2010 champ.

So Orgun and I have been in the same lobby for 3 mins with the timer constantly restarting because someone leaves, another person joins, etc etc, and every time someone joins it starts counting down again.

How did that not get fixed?

To be honest, I still want a league, even if it's a quick 4 race thing for a post-season gathering. If you are seriously interested please post so I can see if it's worth doing and we'll figure something out.

1. Foliorum Viridum

Paste list, add yourself, etc. We'll see what interest is like then once everyone evaluates the game post-patch and what have you.

AcridMeat

Banned
Funny...that exact bug was in the patch notes was it not?

This is pathetic, I'm not signing up until I know I can actually race online.

edit: "o Quick Race countdown timer is now set to 60 Seconds and no longer resets when a player joins the session."

Yeah sorry guys fuck this game.

Orgun and I just lost connection after about half a dozen other people did and I crashed as a result.

Sigh. Not sure this patch has actually done much in terms of online reliability.

Manik

So Orgun and I have been in the same lobby for 3 mins with the timer constantly restarting because someone leaves, another person joins, etc etc, and every time someone joins it starts counting down again.

How did that not get fixed?

To be honest, I still want a league, even if it's a quick 4 race thing for a post-season gathering. If you are seriously interested please post so I can see if it's worth doing and we'll figure something out.

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Orgun
3. Manik (CazzBside)

Paste list, add yourself, etc. We'll see what interest is like then once everyone evaluates the game post-patch and what have you.

Wait.. That was specifically mentioned as a fix wasn't it? How bizarre that it would still be there.

That said, I'm still interested in the league but will be way out of practice!

Mad_Ban

Just got the patch, and its killed my performance. :/

Used to get silky smooth 60fps. Now post-patch, whenever i get near another car, be it AI or human, the framerate tanks for no apparent reason.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Just got the patch, and its killed my performance. :/

Used to get silky smooth 60fps. Now post-patch, whenever i get near another car, be it AI or human, the framerate tanks for no apparent reason.

I just tested the benchmark mode, and it seemed ok. What graphics card are you using?

Also, FV, when you were testing the patch, GFWL users didn't have it, so it may have caused issues. We retail users only got the patch at 10pm.

Got the patch for the PS3 version. Couldn't get online with anyone, so I wasn't able to test the online functionalities. So far:

- The framerate has been improved (now it seems to be 30fps or near it).
- Lots of tearing, but I'll bear with that as long as the framerate is stable.

Couldn't test the 11/11 bug correction though. I need more time to test everything.

PS3 version seems a lot better after the patch, online is much better than before as well.

I'm ready to get this league under way if everyone on the PS3 is ready.

Mad_Ban

I just tested the benchmark mode, and it seemed ok. What graphics card are you using?

I'm using two 460 1GB's in SLI.

Regarding 11/11. It's fixed. The car is no longer completely on rails. Funnily enough, running it now is about equal to my old setting of 8/8, so I'm sure they've subconciously ruined my setups :p

Staab

Not sure if it's a reasonable line of thinking but :
- when we talked yesterday evening, GFWL installed some kind of patch but when I ran the game none of the 30%, 40%, 75% options were there, so basically it hadn't installed the patch. (just the GFWL thing, maybe the multiplayer UI)
- when I ran Steam this morning, it installed another patch (about 70Mb) and now I can actually see the new race distances.

-> Could it be you guys thought you had actually patched the game but it wasn't yet applied?

Lach

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Orgun
3. Manik (CazzBside)
4. Lach (gfwl-> hardan)

Still interested in the league, though I havent played for weeks and right now obsessed with Skyrim.

HeliosT10

Very possible. Orgun and I downloaded the "update" from GFWL and had no reason to think that wasn't the big fix.

The PC patch was released at around 10:30pm last night, so looking it your post history I don't think you had it installed when you were saying that the online countdown wasn't fixed. If you give it a go now it should have been changed.

I have the pc retail disc so I can't rely on steam updating my game, I hope this isn't a problem for me.

*runs off to play 2011 for a bit*

hah, about to start a practice lap in spain and the game hangs just as they take my car off the jacks, good start so far!

*edit2* right so I can start in sector 3 fine, but any time I try to drive out the pit lane for pratice, qualy or race the game will hang once off the jacks... fuck sake now I can't even play this game.

I'm up for the PS3 league. The game is much better after the patch, specially the framerate. The only thing is: I'll be in NY on vacations for a week, so I'll be able to play with you guys only on the next wednesday.

After we finished the other day Steam started to download ap atch so i'm thinking we were just playing on the old version lol

We'll have to try again
You can't do anything right, can you?

Also, I'm just talking about PC league. Someone will have to speak up to do a console one.

Dibbz

I'm up for a PS3 league. I've only done a Time Trial at Spa and didn't notice much change but I'll get some more play time with it soon. I hope the FPS boost is as good as some of you say it is.

PC league

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Orgun
3. Manik (CazzBside)
4. Lach (gfwl-> hardan)
5. Mad_Ban (phleg01 on GFWL)
6. Kyaw (GFWL: Kyawgasmic)
7. ctw0e (efficaxor)

AcridMeat

Banned
PC league

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Orgun
3. Manik (CazzBside)
4. Lach (gfwl-> hardan)
7. ctw0e (efficaxor)
8. AcridMeat (IF THIS SHIT WORKS)

Shaneus

PC league

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Orgun
3. Manik (CazzBside)
4. Lach (gfwl-> hardan)
7. ctw0e (efficaxor)
9. Shaneus (SAME AS ACRID)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Are you guys experiencing the tire compounds deteriorating bug?
I just got that trying Monaco short weekend with Force India but I'm honestly not sure the patch was applied right.
What does your exe reports?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
PC league

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Orgun
3. Manik (CazzBside)
4. Lach (gfwl-> hardan)
7. ctw0e (efficaxor)
10. Stop It (StopItOmega etc on GFWL, bad connection until next week).

Speech

PC league

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Orgun
3. Manik (CazzBside)
4. Lach (gfwl-> hardan)
7. ctw0e (efficaxor)
11. Speech (GFWL = M Speech)

gragy10

PC league

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Orgun
3. Manik (CazzBside)
4. Lach (gfwl-> hardan)
7. ctw0e (efficaxor)
11. Speech (GFWL = M Speech
12: Gragy10 (GFWL - Granholme)

Staab

who am I kidding...

PC league

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Orgun
3. Manik (CazzBside)
4. Lach (gfwl-> hardan)
7. ctw0e (efficaxor)
12. Gragy10 (GFWL - Granholme)
13. Staab (it better fucking work flawlessly)

tirant

So it looks like the patch is OK then?

Then Im going tomorrow to the shop :) and if you guys plan to do any league for X360 i will be in :p

Nearly got a full grid it seems.

I was thinking that maybe we could start next Saturday (3rd) and have a 4/5 race league? One or two before Christmas, then a few in the new year. If it goes well we could always add more, but starting small is probably a better idea now after such a rocky launch.

Also, I would ask all of the people who have thrown their names in the hat to make sure they'd be able to commit to Saturday races starting around 4/5pm GMT. I expect a few more people will want to throw their names into the hat so if we have to have a qualifying session it would be best if people were realistic and didn't take up spots that they can't commit to due to work, timezones, social engagements, etc etc. :) Not that 100% attendance is required but yeah.

Anything else is covered in my half of the OP, I believe.

HenryHSH

Damn it. I cave in.

PC league

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Orgun
3. Manik (CazzBside)
4. Lach (gfwl-> hardan)
7. ctw0e (efficaxor)
12. Gragy10 (GFWL - Granholme)
13. Staab (it better fucking work flawlessly)
14. HenryHSH

Staab

2 hour play session :
- no connection issues
- no bullshit bug
- 2 good SC outings (mostly, no crap DSQ or penalties)
- seemed solid

We can play the game normally ?! Color me impressed !

So, I'm thinking of doing a test run this Saturday. Between P3 and Qualis maybe, around 3pm GMT.

To see who's in, if there's any connection problems with someone and generally get a feel before the league.

I'll send messages to people already on my PSN, if someone is interested in the PS3 league, please pm me.

theneurotoxin

I already have you on the list, my bad.

Other than being an obvious Codies money hat now, I'm also a celebrity. Was just playing on a random BF3 server and some guy recognised my username as the guy who ran the F1 league here. Haha. It was quite bizarre. Nice chap though!

Also, I'll be up for races tonight if you lads are. Give it a proper test like.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Other than being an obvious Codies money hat now, I'm also a celebrity. Was just playing on a random BF3 server and some guy recognised my username as the guy who ran the F1 league here. Haha. It was quite bizarre. Nice chap though!

Also, I'll be up for races tonight if you lads are. Give it a proper test like.

Wow, you're still riding that horse man... o_O
You do realize you look pretty egocentric acting like that when no one but yourself ever mentioned your name?
I think you enjoy it a tad too much, whatever suits you best, but isn't a bit sad that you're trying so hard to be the center of attention in a non-existing argument?
Show me a post, even one, where you've been accused of being a CM shill or where your name was mentioned. I followed this thread closely since day 1 and I've never seen anyone here call you out, unless you're referring to a different gaming board which would make even less sense.

Wow, you're still riding that horse man... o_O
You do realize you look pretty egocentric acting like that when no one but yourself ever mentioned your name?
I think you enjoy it a tad too much, whatever suits you best, but isn't a bit sad that you're trying so hard to be the center of attention in a non-existing argument?
Show me a post, even one, where you've been accused of being a CM shill or where your name was mentioned. I followed this thread closely since day 1 and I've never seen anyone here call you out, unless you're referring to a different gaming board which would make even less sense.
It's just a joke brah.

We had pretty good races last night and although I still think the penalty system is borked, everything else seems pretty fixed. It's kinda bittersweet because this is how the game should have been all along.

Does anyone have an opinion on trying to get the first race going next Saturday or is that too early?

Top Bottom