• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Orgun

It's just a joke brah.

We had pretty good races last night and although I still think the penalty system is borked, everything else seems pretty fixed. It's kinda bittersweet because this is how the game should have been all along.

Does anyone have an opinion on trying to get the first race going next Saturday or is that too early?

That's fine with me.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
It's just a joke brah.

We had pretty good races last night and although I still think the penalty system is borked, everything else seems pretty fixed. It's kinda bittersweet because this is how the game should have been all along.

Does anyone have an opinion on trying to get the first race going next Saturday or is that too early?

Oh. Fair enough then, go along sir :)
The thing doesn't necessarily have to be mutual (I know the opinion of me on GAF is pretty polarized, I don't care since I made it a rule to not hold back what I want to say) but since I always appeciated you as a member it strike me as akward you would think my opinion of you (not that you would care for what I think of course) was that of a PR shill.
So yeah, I didn't get that was a jjoke, it happens to the best of us :p

You guys have fun with the league, looking forward to the replays!

Lucius86

Banned
So have you lot confirmed the connection issues are fixed then?? That was what's putting me off the whole entire time - wasted too much just backing in and out of lobbies getting people on board.

Manik

We had couple of disconnections last night - I got booted once and I think a someone else had a bit of bother, but it's much better than it was before.

Penalties are still a little strange and I had a slight amount of lag early on in races, but other than that it seemed perfectly playable.

Yeah connections seem a lot better now. I think 16 people is still a bit of a strain and disconnects are inevitable, but I haven't personally had one.

Are you in or out Lucius you big girls blouse? We have two empty slots remaining.

If a few other people are good with Saturday it will happen.

Edit: Crumbs is banned at the mo but he's in. That leaves us as:

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Orgun
3. Manik (CazzBside)
4. Lach (gfwl-> hardan)
5. Mad_Ban (phleg01 on GFWL)
6. Kyaw (GFWL: Kyawgasmic)
7. ctw0e (efficaxor)
8. AcridMeat (IF THIS SHIT WORKS)
9. Shaneus (SAME AS ACRID)
10. Stop It (StopItOmega etc on GFWL, bad connection until next week).
11. Speech (GFWL = M Speech
12. Gragy10 (GFWL - Granholme)
13. Staab (it better fucking work flawlessly)
14. HenryHSH
15. Salacious Crumbs

You'd make it a perfect 16, Lucius. Do it. DO IT.

Lucius86

Banned
Go on then, I'm in. But I will be shit and not at the front. So prepare for me to be a wrecking ball of a driver as I will be driving around not giving a fuck as I pretend to still be a godlike racer.

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Orgun
3. Manik (CazzBside)
4. Lach (gfwl-> hardan)
7. ctw0e (efficaxor)
14. HenryHSH
15. Salacious Crumbs
16. Lucius86 (Scared to defend his championship, probably a woman)

I think that's probably our 16 unless we have a very late entry. I hope we don't, because this would make things a lot easier.

Can everybody on the list please say if Saturday 3rd December is okay for our first race? Cheers.

Staab

Can everybody on the list please say if Saturday 3rd December is okay for our first race? Cheers.

Next week ?
Fuck that, we're racing tomorrow evening bitches!
4:30pm GMT, you better be ready for it ladies.

PS: Lucius you're a precious little maiden, you will destroy us by race 3, mark my words.

Shaneus

Possibly. I think that's around Sunday morning here and I could well be drunk, passed out or lying in an ice bath with a missing kidney, but I'll do my best to get on.

Could one provide a link of what time that is on Timeanddate.com so I can look up my own time?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Orgun
3. Manik (CazzBside)
4. Lach (gfwl-> hardan)
7. ctw0e (efficaxor)
14. HenryHSH
15. Salacious Crumbs
16. Lucius86 (Scared to defend his championship, probably a woman)

I think that's probably our 16 unless we have a very late entry. I hope we don't, because this would make things a lot easier.

I'm good for next Saturday, I should have a slightly better connection by then after all!

Lach

3rd should be good for me.

Will install the game again tonight, would love some training races this weekend.
[edit] And could we set the location for the first race, as I'd probably need to practice a lot beforehand.

Could one provide a link of what time that is on Timeanddate.com so I can look up my own time?

Sure: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20111203T17&p1=136

I would recommend using Converter though, for converting timezones etc. with a quick right-click:

Converter 1.1.1 - Example:

tado4omu.png

But keep in mind, 5PM isn't written in stone so it might change (?).

Manik

That should be fine with me. Any idea how long the race sessions usually last? A couple of hours? More? Less? Just so I don't go and make some plans and have to drop out halfway through.

Mad_Ban

When you go on the time trial leaderboard screen and the "setup" cog is white, instead of gray, does that mean you can copy it? I can't figure out for the life of me how to do it.

To answer various questions without bothering quoting:

4:30pm start time.
Race will be 50% and have a 20 min quali session beforehand. So that's, I don't know, an hour or so roughly?
Melbourne will be the first track. It just had to be!
I think any other info should be in my half of the OT for general questions etc.

I'm pretty excited about this. Better late than never, eh?

I'm definitely up for some racing tonight, also.

Orgun

To answer various questions without bothering quoting:

4:30pm start time.
Race will be 50% and have a 20 min quali session beforehand. So that's, I don't know, an hour or so roughly?
Melbourne will be the first track. It just had to be!
I think any other info should be in my half of the OT for general questions etc.

I'm pretty excited about this. Better late than never, eh?

I'm definitely up for some racing tonight, also.

Fucking melbourne, can't wait till we're done with that track.

2011 Team Draw - LIVE!

Here it is!

If you're boring and don't want to watch it:
Williams:
Acrid
Granholme

Mercedes:
Phleg01
HenryHSH

Renault:
Staab
Shaneus

Sauber:
ctw0e
CazzBSide

Force India:
Hardan
Crumbs

Ferarri:
Kyaw
Orgun

McLaren:
FV
Speech

Red Bull:
Lucius
Stop It

Kyaw

Oh god, Orgun's with me.

FUN FUN FUN

You totally should have done the 'KYAAAR' voice thing you do whenever i appear in the game.

Shaneus

Ahaha, that RBR draw is fucking freaky bizarre (I wish I was there!).

Unfortunately, I cannot say anything bad about my team. It says so in my contract.

Lucius86

Banned
the dream team of the Webber fanboys was almost there.

Probably just as well - me and shaneus would be at the back masturbating together.

Shaneus

the dream team of the Webber fanboys was almost there.

Probably just as well - me and shaneus would be at the back masturbating together.
I'm glad you said "together" and not "each other". That would have been weird.

Weird, compared to what you DID say.

Top Bottom