• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Yeah you've done your timezones wrong. It should be Saturday morning. 8/9am maybe? You'll have to do a conversion of your timezone.

It's not perfect but since the main group is European it was the best time we came up with last year and I think that's true again this year.

Next Saturday night I'm going out to town so it will be a case of getting washed/changed etc, doing the race then legging it out the door, haha.

Massa

Before the game came out we had a full grid on the PS3 league, now I only got 6 confirmations.

If anyone is interested in the PS3 league PM me your PSN or write it down here. We need as many people as we can before we can start.

I kind of want to pick up the game again on the PS3. Is the framerate a stable 30fps with the latest patch?

I kind of want to pick up the game again on the PS3. Is the framerate a stable 30fps with the latest patch?

It's much better than before the patch but I don't think it's locked at 30fps. There's a lot of tearing though and a very obvious (and annoying) pop in at Silverstone.

Fixed1979

FV any chance you'll let subs know before Saturday AM if there's any spots to be filled or should we just show up and see?

Two people (not including Henry, who just had a miscalculation) have stated they won't be there, so definitely turn up!

I was going to do a post tomorrow stating this, and I think I'll do that on every Friday. I can obviously only do it if people let me know they won't be there, though :)

So yeah, check this thread on Friday to see about open spots!

Subs can get the spots by either announcing their intent in this thread, or joining the Steam chat on Saturday in a first come, first serve basis. I think that's a fair way of doing it. So if you're free on Sat, you've got one of the two spots, Fixed!

Shaneus

Just FYI, I have a music festival to go to Saturday and will likely be hitting the pubs/clubs after. Given I'll be knackered from the day's proceedings, hopefully I'll be home well before 3am and will be online, ready to go (after some caffeine or something to keep me up for the next hour or two). If I know I can't make it beforehand, I'll do my best to PM someone here (given that's the easiest place to get in touch while away from my PC) with as much notice as possible. Unless someone want's to PM me their regularly checked email (which would be WAY easier)... but I can't promise I won't send the odd Webber fanfic or two to it.

IIRC, it was around 3am Australian/Melbourne time, yes?

We've got 7 people including me and you.

I'd like to do some test runs maybe tomorrow?
I won't be able to play until Monday, unfortunately. My timezones are GMT-2 (because we brazilians are in daylight saving time, usually it's GMT-3) and I can play about four hours a day at night. I always play from about 21h30 to 01h30 everyday from monday to thursday. Hopefully we can play together and do some tests.

Shaneus

Hm, just as I thought. That's 3:30am my time, at which point I'll be either:
a) Tired, but hopefully home and awake
b) Drunk, but hopefully home and not passed out
c) Drunk, and probably still partying
d) Shuffling.

I'll do my best to keep you guys informed, though. I really, really want to give it a crack but I have a feeling I won't be able to make it. If I haven't let anyone know what I'm doing by, say, an hour beforehand (I'll probably post here, that'll be easiest from my mobile I think) then I'm too drunk to use a phone and am probably still out. If that's the case... have fun!

Salacious Crumb

It's a good thing the other Aussie in our league is a hermit with no social life.

Don't worry, I'll probably be pretty out of it as well. My mates having a house warming party and I'll be on the gas from about 2pm up until the race, there's just not much of a club scene in my shitty little city.

Besides we're racing on an Australian track, it's pretty much a requirement to be drunk or hungover.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/f12011neogaf

"Enter chatroom" on top right is where you guys want to go later today, we'll all be there. Mumble too, of course, but not everyone will be using that so yeah. :) I'm going to have some lunch and probably start playing in a bit as a warm-up.

I've just had a three hour Dark Souls session so I don't think my mind is in the right place at the moment!

For anyone unsure about timezones, you should aim to be in the lobby 4 hours and 10 minutes from now!

Shaneus

Definitely giving it a miss tonight, guys. My heart wouldn't be in it (nor my full attention) and I've not had a chance at all to practice Albert Park. Hope someone can fill in for me and do the black and gold proud!

Lucius86

Banned
Please can everyone be in the drivers briefing room (AKA the steam chat room) 10 mins before race start for your briefing before the race.

Fixed1979

It's certainly a good way to try your patience. My F12011 executable continued to crash when downloading ghost in TT or attempting to join the game. No issues in single player. I have a sneaking suspicion that today is the last day the game gets used on my PC. I'll also be waiting on the guinea pigs next year instead of buying it day 1.

Well, that was a diaster. SO many disconnects.

However, it felt fucking good to take my first league win. A bit tainted by competition dropping out, but I actually had a really good race so I feel quite chuffed.

Not that anyone else cares, but yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about it!

Kyaw

Second! Even though half of the field disconnected. :(

Also f0rk, ruined my first corner. T-boned him while he spun.

Lach

Congrats Fol

Was weird for me, because I had a disconnect during quali. When I rejoined I wasn't able to join/spectate rest for the quali and it said "too late in the session". But it didn't give me the chance to rejoin until after the race had started.

Well, better luck next time around.

Mad_Ban

Had really good fun, until i disconnected a lap from the end... :(

Also, to the backmarker who me and FV met at the chicane, you took my wing :( Had to stay on a set of primes for 13 laps and they were just fucked. :lol

f0rk

Second! Even though half of the field disconnected. :(

Also f0rk, ruined my first corner. T-boned him while he spun.

FV forced me off before turning in, at least that's what it looked like on my end. Someone did it again second lap :/

Mad_Ban said:
Also, to the backmarker who me and FV met at the chicane, you took my wing :( Had to stay on a set of primes for 13 laps and they were just fucked. :lol

Was that me? I thought I got out the way OK, sorry.

Had really good fun, until i disconnected a lap from the end... :(

I know you would've beat me if that didn't happen, but we had a good scrap regardless. I like fighting you! Sorry for the bump on the last corner on one of the early laps, I dropped back behind you to make up for it. Not sure if you realised I hit you/penalised myself but I did so don't hate me! :)

I barely managed to miss that car, I sighed so hard when I swerved around and only hit the bollard!

FV forced me off before turning in, at least that's what it looked like on my end. Someone did it again second lap :/

Ah did I? I was totally focused on not bumping Phleg when he turned in because I didn't think any cars were around me other than him. Apologies!

Orgun

i can't believe I had a power outage! :(

Wow, tough luck!

Shame about the disconnects, definitely need more testing with a different host next time. Had a blast racing with the guys that were left!
Tyre management is HUGE now, i'm gonna have to change my setups so they don't eat them so quickly! Fuel management is also quite important if you're not careful.

Kyaw

I had to spend quite a bit of time on lean mix to save fuel as i was 1 lap down on fuel before my second pits.

Speech has a 50mb connection, so he said he will try next time.

When we've done random racers with 16 players I've been hosting and most people haven't disconnected, so I don't know why it was bad this time. I'm inclined to say it's the game, but if it was my connection I apologise!

I hope everyone isn't put off by this and we have a full grid next weekend again. I understand it's frustrating (even for us who managed to stay!) but if a new host sorts it then it's worth giving it another go :)

I'll do the big post-race post tomorrow and I'll also sort out a way of voting for tracks.

I managed my tyres okay.

I did 9 laps on options from quali (which did 3 laps in quali), 12 laps on Primes, then another 9 on options.

My first set of options died a bit, but I've been practicing how not to kill them too soon.

Orgun

I managed my tyres okay.

I did 9 laps on options from quali (which did 3 laps in quali), 12 laps on Primes, then another 9 on options.

My first set of options died a bit, but I've been practicing how not to kill them too soon.

9 Laps!? Wow my primes were struggling after that many laps. I managed about 6 on my options from quali.

Top Bottom