• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Ah that sucks dude, I think you were the only person to disconnect this time :( You don't have any mods installed that would mess with the game do you?

Nope, 100% vanilla!

I noticed how I, according to the game, got kicked in your footage by the way. Is it common it says kicked when someone disconnects or did I actually get kicked (by the game presumably, not the host)?

Have you tried hosting any games yourself, maybe we should try connecting to you next time and see how it goes?

I have never tried hosting any games in F1, but I could give it a try, for sure.

I really hope that this means F1 2012 will drop GFWL as well:

128jig.png

https://twitter.com/#!/dirtgame/status/146639651669680128

Salacious Crumb

If that means they can release more patches to fix what will invariably be a broken game at launch, then I'm all for it. Otherwise, it's not that important.

With any luck, they'll code it better so I don't have to upgrade my (at the time) still decent PC to play it at a decent framerate like 2011.

The multiplayer stuff alone would make it infinity better, no waiting for invites and all that awfulness, just click their name in steam and select join game.

Keeps crashing on the splash screen for me. Haven't touched it since our last race. HOW DOES IT JUST BREAK LIKE THAT.

Edit: Save lost. Brilliant.

I was going to post to remind you all to get some Spa practice in, it's unfortunate my practice session was tainted by this. Urgh.

Edit 2: My online rank isn't saved server side? Seriously?

Orgun

Keeps crashing on the splash screen for me. Haven't touched it since our last race. HOW DOES IT JUST BREAK LIKE THAT.

Edit: Save lost. Brilliant.

I was going to post to remind you all to get some Spa practice in, it's unfortunate my practice session was tainted by this. Urgh.

Edit 2: My online rank isn't saved server side? Seriously?

Ah, there's an easy fix for it (that we shouldnt fucking need to do!). I'll see if i can find it.

edit: Found it

I found a FIX !!!

Just go to savegames folder, and delete file named GTEHXOSJZ_0.

Then, copy GTEHXOSJZ_1 in the same folder, to a file named GTEHXOSJZ_0.

You'll have again the two files GTEHXOSJZ_0 and GTEHXOSJZ_1.

Just run the game, and loading savedata should be ok now

If it doesn't work, try reversing the files.

The only thing I lost doing this was my keyboard configuration.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Salacious Crumb

I'm definitely racing on Saturday, but I will have zero time to practice, and I'm already terrible at Spa. I guess it's only right that the Force India be right at the back acting like a massive knob though, it's an F1GAF tradition.

Fun session :) Quite a few close moments with Orgun and Staab!

Speech was as anti-social as ever and just ran away at the start of every race. I don't think he likes us.

Orgun

Fun session :) Quite a few close moments with Orgun and Staab!

Speech was as anti-social as ever and just ran away at the start of every race. I don't think he likes us.

Aye that was a lot of fun last night, lots of close battles. I'm really looking forward o the race on Saturday.

Ah the boys are nice and cool now. :D

race-banner1kxwi.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

The Winter break is over and the NeoGAF championship resumes! Red Bull have been quiet over the reasoning for the defending champion, Lucius86, apparenty having vital parts of his car stolen, however our sources suggest that he may make this weekend, albeit with a HRT engine. Will his underpowered hardware hamper his struggle to defend his goal?

The break was also troubling for Ferarri with reports that Orgun went on a binge after his great performance at Montreal. This binge wasn't fueled by drugs or alcohol, however, but the newest Star Wars MMO. Reports suggest his addiction to installing nude wookie mods and using the in-game chat room for Star Wars role play have prevented him from attending the Spa practice sessions. Will this lack of focus knock him off the top spot?

In happier news, Force India spent the Christmas break in Australia courtesy of their driver Salacious Crumbs. Pictures in the latest issue of Autosport show the team, quite typically, chucking another shrimp on the barby.

current-driver-standi6u5rb.png

current-constructor-sb45ci.png

schedulevscff.png

• Saturday January 7th, 4:30GMT
  • Qualifying will take place immediately before the race.
  • All drivers are asked to get to the paddock 10 minutes early.
  • A Steam chatroom will be open before, during and after for all drivers and groupies.
  • Top three drivers are asked to attend the press conference after the race for brief questions.
  • Please ensure you have fellow participants on Games for Windows Live, the official sponsor of the NeoGAF league.

Salacious Crumb

What sort of racing lap times are the fastest people getting? I get the feeling I'll be lapped multiple times despite the length of the track. Also we ate prawns not shrimp.

Speech

Didn't realise we are starting again today, good stuff.

I did do quite well in our practice races midweek, so I expect to sabotage my own race by spinning out at least twice, can't wait! :)

Staab

Speech, I hope you won't be quite as close to me (as during the practice session) during the real race or my heart might not make it till the end !

Also, the Lotus Renault F1 team spent their holiday season in the principality of Lichtenstein (a well known financial safe heaven), who knows what deals have been made and what the impact on performance it will have !!
quite possibly a very negative one as we were too busy swimming in money filled pools to give a fuck!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Codies just announced there will be a 3rd patch

It's called F1 2012

Fucking codies *smh*

Mad_Ban

Think I'm gonna need to take full advantage of the quali session. My normal setup is pretty fucked at Spa in race conditions (like 20mph down on everyone else without DRS) so I'll need to find a new one then. D:

Doesn't really help the driving model is different in timetrial than multiplayer.

Kyaw

Had good scraps with Speech and Staab.

Can't believe I crashed near the end, losing out on 3rd...

Didn't have the best tyre strategy and was on fuel saving mode for half of the race.
Still, Spa is a damn good track.

Lucius86

Banned
2 stopper got me from rock bottom to 4th - well done me primes.

Some intense racing again today! I seem to be in a lot of it this year.....

That was my favourite race since my epic showdown with Stop It last year at Catalunya. Speech and I were just at each other the entire race.

Can't wait to edit together my highlights. Will be a long vid!

Staab

Yeah was a very close race, lots of nice fighting, shame for my penalty and spin though.
Kinda was a bit off on the first lap due to fuel and rammed two people but I tried to give the places back - sorry !

Speech

That was great, really close all through the race.

Was glad I went into fuel saving mode for the 1st stint, gave me a bit of flexibility towards the end, though I was a bit worried when it was indicating I was on -1 lap of fuel for the last few corners even though I was running lean.

But all came good in the end.

Salacious Crumb

It was a dreadful race for me thanks to losing my front wing on the second corner (not my fault but I could have avoided it) and my dickish pit crew insisting that I only use options.

Top Bottom