• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

race-banner1kxwi.png

qualifying-resultsztanr.png

race-results4my0e.png

current-driver-standi26bl1.png

current-constructor-st3a2q.png

We have a very interesting championship brewing here now that Lucius is shit.

Staab

Seeing as our teammates never show up, maybe me and Mad_Ban should fuse our teams together and create the "Mercedes Renault great GP F1 Team"!

In our league, yes.

NeoGAF F1 League Race - My Spa Highlights

My qualifying lap was absolutely awful. Bad gear shifts, I was all over the track... just horrendous. I could've probably gone a second faster if I had a clean lap. Embarrassing really! After being spun around on the first corner I thought my race was over before it begun, but the first lap was very eventful and a few laps in I was in the lead!

The majority of the race I was just trying to catch Speech or keep him as far behind as possible as we kept switching positions. Very tight and clean racing - some of the best I've had. I've included my entire last lap just to show how I was trying to do ANYTHING to get around him again. Being in fuel saving meant I was easy pickings for him and I kept trying to push my fuel to the limit to get past him again. That's why I was spluttering over the line. I really wanted to win, but alas!

Great race. It's racing like this that makes all of the Codies bullshit worth it. Just.

Edit: Also, Shaneus and Henry haven't turned up for any races yet so if anyone wants their positions in the league, just say!

gblues

Banned
I have a 50% off coupon for this game on Steam. I'll never use it because I have no interest at all in the genre. Want it? Shoot me a PM! First come, first served.

Jan 7th: Spa
Jan 14th: Monaco
Jan 21st: Suzuka
Jan 28th: Monza

IF we keep up the numbers and people are up for it, I say we add a few more. This is going better than I expected after all the tech problems. We'll see in a week or two.

Frawdder

Jan 7th: Spa
Jan 14th: Monaco
Jan 21st: Suzuka
Jan 28th: Monza

IF we keep up the numbers and people are up for it, I say we add a few more. This is going better than I expected after all the tech problems. We'll see in a week or two.
I might be in for Suzuka if there is a spot open.

(And if I can be bothered practicing)

Staab

I'll def be around for Suzuka and Monza but not sure I'll make it for Monaco, shitty date right in the middle of exams !

If we're definitely going to be two men down next Sat would you guys like it pushed back a week?

Two weeks of practice time then and I feel Monaco is best with a big grid (chaos!). Just a thought!

Kyaw

Monaco is going to be such a clusterfuck. My framerate is going to go down the drain and everyone's gonna be blaming each other for their crashes.

Lucius86

Banned
If we're definitely going to be two men down next Sat would you guys like it pushed back a week?

Two weeks of practice time then and I feel Monaco is best with a big grid (chaos!). Just a thought!

Whatever, but it sounds like you are buying for some more time to practice against my godliness at Monaco.

Monaco is going to be such a clusterfuck. My framerate is going to go down the drain and everyone's gonna be blaming each other for their crashes.

You just have to accept that people will make mistakes that could ruin your race. It's part of the risk/reward of the track!

Do your leagues and stuff force no assists and manual driving?

Yeah I was wondering what sort of settings you guys use, wouldn't mind joining if there's space next week, someone from here said over on the OT side a few had dropped out.
Yeah we have no asssits OTHER than automatic gears (if you want them, I think we all use manual).

If you two want in then that'd be great and we wouldn't need to delay the race a week :)

kharma45

Ah that's alright then, I'd probably be using automatic gears as I'd be using my 360 controller.

Only thing really I'll have to get used to is no TC at all, tried it a few times before offline and it's just a matter of trying not to make rash decisions I've found.

What sort of time (I'm on the UK) next Saturday would you be talking for this?

kharma45

Ah that's grand then, I only work 9 in the morning until 1 in the afternoon on a Saturday so that should be sweet :) I can get my revision done during the afternoon before the race.

Hopefully it'll be a better experience than I normally have online where most people turn it into fucking bumper cars.

Must have a go at Monaco with no assists later tonight to sharpen my skills.

Lucius86

Banned
Ah that's grand then, I only work 9 in the morning until 1 in the afternoon on a Saturday so that should be sweet :) I can get my revision done during the afternoon before the race.

Hopefully it'll be a better experience than I normally have online where most people turn it into fucking bumper cars.

Must have a go at Monaco with no assists later tonight to sharpen my skills.

We are a lot more respectful, although we don't give in as you can see with our vids. But incidents happen, so as long as it was nothing intentional then it's all good.

We have a great bunch of people here, it's worth it.

kharma45

Aye seems to be a friendly bunch doing it from my glancing through the thread and at the YouTube videos, must stick a reminder in my phone about it.

Great :) Do you want a Renault or Mercedes?

Also, Monaco will probably be a tough first race, considering the track, so if it's a lot of crashing keep in mind that's not usually how it is!

It's exciting to have a new face :)

kharma45

Mmm, I'd probably go Mercedes.

Tried a race there now in single player with everything turned off, managed a 1:15:566, so it seems I'll have some more practising to do round Monaco before next Saturday!

Hopefully I'll not make too much of a show of myself.

Edit - Actually in saying that, is there someone driving for both Mercedes and Renault already? Pair me with whoever is the worst of the two lol

Has Gragy not showed up? I thought he did. I'll have to go back and check when I'm not on my phone.

If he hasn't, he's out and Williams is an option too. The reason I offered you Renault and Mercedes is because the drivers for them haven't done any races and thus are just hogging free spots! If you want the easier teammate I'll put you in Renault cos Staab sucksss. :)

That means there's still a free seat at Mercedes and possibly Williams.

And yes, we'll do Monaco on Saturday.

(Can't multiquote on my phone!)

kharma45

Has Gragy not showed up? I thought he did. I'll have to go back and check when I'm not on my phone.

If he hasn't, he's out and Williams is an option too. The reason I offered you Renault and Mercedes is because the drivers for them haven't done any races and thus are just hogging free spots! If you want the easier teammate I'll put you in Renault cos Staab sucksss. :)

That means there's still a free seat at Mercedes and possibly Williams.

(Can't multiquote on my phone!)

Sounds good to me, as I said, whoever is the worst I want to be with so they don't show me up too much :p

1:10.4 at Monaco. No idea how that compares to you guys :p

Just a mere 5 seconds a lap quicker than me at the minute ha :p I'll need to get some practice in on Friday after my exam.

Current drivers:
FV - McLaren
Speech - McLaren
Orgun - Ferarri
Kyaw - Ferarri
Lucius - Red Bull
Stop It - Red Bull
Crumbs - Force India
Hardan - Force India
Staab - Renault
Kharma45 - Renault
Manik - Sauber
Ctw0e - Sauber
Mad Ben - Mercedes
Acrid - Williams
FREE SPOT - Mercedes
FREE SPOT - Williams

Stand-in drivers:
F0rk
Fixed

We've bid farewell to Shaneus, Gragy and Henry.

Right, I think that clarifies things a bit better. Supposing that neither Fixed nor F0rk want to be a full-time driver, we have two spots available. :)

Edit: Acrid/Mad_Ben - if you two wanted to merge in to the same team I don't see why that would be an issue.

Shaneus

Current drivers:
FV - McLaren
Speech - McLaren
Orgun - Ferarri
Kyaw - Ferarri
Lucius - Red Bull
Stop It - Red Bull
Crumbs - Force India
Hardan - Force India
Staab - Renault
Kharma45 - Renault
Manik - Sauber
Ctw0e - Sauber
Mad Ben - Mercedes
Acrid - Williams
FREE SPOT - Mercedes
FREE SPOT - Williams

Stand-in drivers:
F0rk
Fixed

We've bid farewell to Shaneus, Gragy and Henry.

Right, I think that clarifies things a bit better. Supposing that neither Fixed nor F0rk want to be a full-time driver, we have two spots available. :)

Edit: Acrid/Mad_Ben - if you two wanted to merge in to the same team I don't see why that would be an issue.
Yeah, totes okay with that. There's never been a time when I've been awake/sober at 4am and not had to do anything either that or the next day. Mentioned it to Acrid that I wouldn't be there this past weekend but I guess he ignored me like he always does.

Lucius86

Banned
Yeah, totes okay with that. There's never been a time when I've been awake/sober at 4am and not had to do anything either that or the next day. Mentioned it to Acrid that I wouldn't be there this past weekend but I guess he ignored me like he always does.

Cos he's a cock. Truth.

Orgun

Just had a quick blast around Monaco in TT mode and got a lowsy - 1:09.723. Should at least be able to get a 1:08 in TT.

Kyaw

Got a 1:08:xx in TT today. Not as consistent as I would have liked though.
It's physically challenging let alone mentally.

It's going to be a tough one.

Mad_Ban

I might be able to finally get my DFGT working again, thanks to sawing my desk a bit to accomodate it haha.

How long does it take to get up to speed on a wheel, compared to a pad?

Kyaw

Depends on the person really. When I first got my DFP, I tried playing Dirt 2 and that shit was HARD. After a few days, I got used to it.

And there was the GT5 Time Trial thing too. It was really difficult to keep the car under control compared to the pad but after a few good sessions, it just clicked.

Just try it out and see how it works for you.

I did like 200hrs on a controller in 2010 so I was really used to it. I switched to my wheel and I would say it took me like... 15-20 hours of game time before I was matching my joypad performance, and then it was constant improvement up to the point where I am now.

It was my first time ever using a wheel or manual gears in a game, so maybe that's slower than average.

Kyaw

0% on all the wheel settings. Try the FFB Environment settings at like 20-30%.
The FFB of the wheel shake is so shit, it disgusts me.

Top Bottom