• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

Also, I just checked Amazon and, I could be wrong, but the $20 bonus credit was only listed for the standard edition. When I clicked on the limited edition, there was no mention of the $20 bonus credit.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Spirit of Jazz said:
2 kinda went over Reaver's immortality, as in the quest you go on for him directly addresses it. People sacrifice their youth to old gods for a trinket that will stop him aging, or something along those lines...
Oh that's right. That's the bit where you're given the choice to sacrifice the girl or age yourself right? Forgot that was part of Reaver's story.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I sure hope we'll get some info about the PC release soon after the 360 launch.

Pre-ordered this just now because Fable 2 was one of only three games I've played that ever managed to stir up actual emotional responses in me.

Heavy Rain and Flower are the other two.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I love how i barely know anything about this game. I think we knew a hell of a lot more about Fable and Fable 2 before they released than we do Fable 3.

stupei

GillianSeed79 said:
Also, I just checked Amazon and, I could be wrong, but the $20 bonus credit was only listed for the standard edition. When I clicked on the limited edition, there was no mention of the $20 bonus credit.

The $20 credit was available for the CE when I ordered mine five days ago, but you're right, it looks like Amazon's taken it off now. Weird.

Edit: Wait no, it's still there. They've just taken it away from the top, but it's one of the bullet points under "Special Offers and Product Promotions."

I really enjoyed Fable II and I'm looking forward to this, but I probably won't buy it until next year. I've got plenty to keep me busy at the moment so I may as well wait and buy it when it's cheaper.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I would say Day 1 but it appears amazon is not doing release date delivery for this so looks like Day 2 or Day 3.

~Kinggi~

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I would say Day 1 but it appears amazon is not doing release date delivery for this so looks like Day 2 or Day 3.
Amazon has release date delivery listed on the page....I know im getting it.

~Kinggi~ said:
Amazon has release date delivery listed on the page....I know im getting it.
Doesn't show up as an option for me :(

Is it only available in Europe? I'm on the West Coast, USA. I even have Prime, but no dice.

VegaShinra

:lol :lol :lol

The masturbation thing is real? Why haven't we heard of this before :lol :lol :lol

Peter M is god if true.

~Kinggi~

Banned
NullPointer said:
Doesn't show up as an option for me :(

Is it only available in Europe? I'm on the West Coast, USA. I even have Prime, but no dice.

Its a glitch. Vanquish had it on Amazon and they fixed it. It lists it as release-date on the main page but no option in checkout.

I got release-date for it like a month ago. Email amazon and let them know.

seat

I enjoyed the first two Fables, but I'm concerned about the lack of talk about this new installment. I'll definitely play this if the review scores average at least close to 9-ish.

This should be an exhaustive list of the pre-order/exclusive content bullshit:

-Exclusive quest, weapon, outfit, and dog (Limited Edition)

-Custom villager and quest (preorder anywhere)

-Inquisitor Sword & Industrial tattoo set (Gamestop)

-The Absolver Hammer & Dragonbreath tattoo set (Walmart)

-The Channeler Sword & Crystal tattoo set (Best Buy)

-Champion Hammer & Balance tattoo set (Amazon)

-Albion Crown tattoo set (Fable 3 controller)

-Shardborne Sword (Fable 3 novel)

-Industrial tattoo set (Fable III Signature Series Guide)

I believe this is a new record for fragmented content pre-release. Christ.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
a Master Ninja said:

-Undisclosed Exclusive Weapon (Fable 3 novel)

I think the Dragon Age pre-order madness still holds the crown

Dragon-Age-Origins-Preorder-Contents-500x229.jpg

I got the Village Code from Gamestop, but it's never worked at the Fable III Make A Village Site. The e-mail it came in says it should be 25 digits long, but it's only 16. I e-mailed Gamestop support but they totally ignored me.

~Kinggi~

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I want to know if the limited edition island and content will be available for later download
Yeah i actually hate when i know im missing out on game locations when they limit them to editions that cost 20$ more. I kinda wanna move my preorder to the CE but the fricken release-date shipping bug is keeping me from doing it right now on Amazon.

Cant wait. Fable 3 will be my last title in this year what I'll buy for the full price. And the english cast is too good for a videogame. I hope I'll have the same fun like I had with fable 2 :)

The is the first Fable game I've ever been interested in and damn does it look good. Makes me want to go back and retry Fable II. Almost

Zeal

Banned
a Master Ninja said:

-Undisclosed Exclusive Weapon (Fable 3 novel)

To update the list, the Fable 3 novel includes the Shardborne Sword, created from a shard from Fable 2's Spire. Grabbed the novel on Amazon for it.

http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/The_Shardborne_Sword

stupei

~Kinggi~ said:
Yeah i actually hate when i know im missing out on game locations when they limit them to editions that cost 20$. I kinda wanna move my preorder to the CE but the fricken release-date shipping bug is keeping me from doing it right now on Amazon.

The island and the dog are the primary reason I paid the extra $20.
Who am I kidding, it's because I want the exclusive dog.
Like I said up there, I placed my order with release date shipping just last Friday, so whatever's going wrong should be fixed shortly. Hopefully.

Anyway, despite the overall lack of interest on GAF, I'm hyped. If I weren't so busy already with New Vegas, I'd almost want to go back and replay some of Fable 2. Just because.

Zeal said:
To update the list, the Fable 3 novel includes the Shardborne Sword, created from a shard from Fable 2's Spire. Grabbed the novel on Amazon for it.

http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/The_Shardborne_Sword

Did you actually bother to read the novel? Is it any good? The writing in the Fable games is pretty consistently charming, so I'm actually curious if the companion reading might be fun.

Zeal

Banned
stupei said:
Did you actually bother to read the novel? Is it any good? The writing in the Fable games is pretty consistently charming, so I'm actually curious if the companion reading might be fun.

Shamelessly bought the book for the code. Haven't bothered to read it yet. Reviews so far have been positive, however.

DenogginizerOS said:
I want to know if the limited edition island and content will be available for later download
It could go either way. The Fable 2 LE content was never available for download later, and neither was some preorder content from other Microsoft games like ODST and Gears 2.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
~Kinggi~ said:
Yeah i actually hate when i know im missing out on game locations when they limit them to editions that cost 20$ more. I kinda wanna move my preorder to the CE but the fricken release-date shipping bug is keeping me from doing it right now on Amazon.
I just called and spoke to a CSR and they are unclear as to why this problem is occuring. They waived one-day shipping on my order but it still shows as arriving on the 28th and not the 26th or even the 27th. Strange.

As for the CE, I really would be irked if they don't release game locations. I should not have to spend $20 to unlock content on a disc.

~Kinggi~

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
It could go either way. The Fable 2 LE content was never available for download later, and neither was some preorder content from other Microsoft games like ODST and Gears 2.
I wonder if the content is some download token or unlock code, or if the content is actually on the disc.

~Kinggi~ said:
I wonder if the content is some download token or unlock code, or if the content is actually on the disc.
I'd put money on it being a downloadable unlock key for content on the disc, just like the Fable 2 LE stuff.

Synless

Damnit, why doesn't amazon ever offer the $20 credit on the LE copies of games!?!?!? This and Assassins Creed LE versions don't offer shit unless you pre-order the regular version.

Edit* I'm dumb, disregard this.

stupei

Synless said:
Damnit, why doesn't amazon ever offer the $20 credit on the LE copies of games!?!?!? This and Assassins Creed LE versions don't offer shit unless you pre-order the regular version.

They do. Look under "Special Offers and Product Promotions."

Chrange

Banned
luxarific said:
I got the Village Code from Gamestop, but it's never worked at the Fable III Make A Village Site. The e-mail it came in says it should be 25 digits long, but it's only 16. I e-mailed Gamestop support but they totally ignored me.

Same thing from Amazon. At least they didn't ignore me though, they're looking into it.

shintoki said:
"Accessibility
Lionhead has focused on creative a more accessible, streamlined experience this time around. Most traditional RPG mechanics have been removed, and there is no traditional menu screen this time around. To change your equipment, you will need to find a dressing room. To buy inventory from the shop, you'll need to find that item on a shelf. Magic is now cast by gauntlets kept in the Sanctuary instead of changing them through the HUD. Lionhead has always intended for Fable to be an accessible experience, baby's first RPG, but they intend to take it to the next level with Fable III. "

How the fuck could you dumb it down more from II?

They just stopped calling it an RPG which they should have done with 2. It's a great game, but a lackluster RPG.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
PM is my favorite active personality in gaming today...

NOW WHERE THE FUCK IS MOVIES II?

Well, one bit of really good news... you wont see the usual bitching about hype and promises. Seems no-one really knows anything about the game. :lol

S1kkZ

Psychotext said:
Well, one bit of really good news... you wont see the usual bitching about hype and promises. Seems no-one really knows anything about the game. :lol
which is strange, because there is enough information out there.
just look at the recent ign gameplay videos. the only thing that we dont know, is how the gameplay will change when you become the king.

Oxymoron

Snuggler said:
When you gotta go, you gotta go
To keep sharp in combat, you'll have to eat, sleep and masturbate as well as making sure to use the toilet so that you're not hindered in combat or shit your pants, and lose the respect of your citizens.
30lnbyc.gif

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've been meaning to get into this series for years.
I think that I'll move onto this once I get all caught up to the Kingdom Hearts. Which version of Lost Chapter should I hit up?

Top Bottom