• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
VegaShinra said:
:lol :lol :lol

The masturbation thing is real? Why haven't we heard of this before :lol :lol :lol

Peter M is god if true.

I got it from Wikipedia when I was gathering info early today, but it appears that it's been edited out of the Wikipedia entry since I posted this.

cache:

UvNJ3.png

but it's gone now...goddamn it, wikipedia

hyduK

Banned
Fable was glorious, but I hated Fable II. This seems to just be going further in the direction Fable II was moving in, but I hope I'm wrong.

-NeoTB1-

Thanks for making the OT. I've had this pre-ordered for a while now. I just finished my second Fable II playthrough in anticipation of next week.

Wiggum2007

Snuggler said:
I got it from Wikipedia when I was gathering info early today, but it appears that it's been edited out of the Wikipedia entry since I posted this.

cache:

UvNJ3.png

Preorder canceled.

Tubobutts

Hoooraay!

Snuggler said:

cache:

UvNJ3.png

Boooooooooo.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Chrange said:
Same thing from Amazon. At least they didn't ignore me though, they're looking into it.

Yeah, the only reason I ordered from Gamespot is because they had a 20% off coupon that actually worked on preorder of CEs. So rare when that happens. Otherwise it's Amazon most of the time (although I hate that CEs tend not to get preorder credits for some strange reason - so bloody annoying).

Can't wait for this, buying it day one.

I'm going in completely fresh for this game. (haven't watched any videos, or read any previews for it)

Amir0x said:
that's what i said

i think Fable III might finally be crossing the threshold to where I can't tolerate it, but I've gone this far... might as well give it a shot >_<

Are you getting Fallout New Vegas? Thats kind of the anti-Fable RPG depth wise. Loving that game on hardcore mode.

Amir0x

Banned
cleveridea said:
Are you getting Fallout New Vegas? Thats kind of the anti-Fable RPG depth wise. Loving that game on hardcore mode.

yeah, should be here tomorrow. I wasn't going to get it at first (because Fallout 3 didn't do it for me), but the hardcore mind kiiiinda convinced me

zenbot

Fable 2 is among my favourite games this generation. (I can't explain my love for the game. It's like it hits weak spots only I possess, given what the GAF hive-mind largely thinks of it.) I am so excited for 3. So excited.

fernoca

Can't wait!
Already have my villager on standby so it should be there when I start the game.
Have this preordered already, and been playing the free Fable II in the meantime. :)

Great thread, by the way. ;)

Alucrid

Banned
fernoca said:
Can't wait!
Already have my villager on standby so it should be there when I start the game.
Have this preordered already, and been playing the free Fable II in the meantime. :)

Great thread, by the way. ;)

So...I made my villager but I entered the redemption code before making them. After I finished it just went to the front page...is my village just waiting now until I boot Fable up or what?

fernoca

Alucrid said:
So...I made my villager but I entered the redemption code before making them. After I finished it just went to the front page...is my village just waiting now until I boot Fable up or what?
Check the site just in case.
Untill you receive a message in the site, saying that it was sent to the game; the site stores your code/number till you submit the villager you want to send to the game.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I loved Fable II but after playing the 1st one, I'm not sure why anyone was expecting something along the lines of a typical western developed RPG. Its Legend of of Zelda meets Animal Crossing with some Sims thrown in for fun.

Alucrid

Banned
fernoca said:
Check the site just in case.
Untill you receive a message in the site, saying that it was sent to the game; the site stores your code/number till you submit the villager you want to send to the game.

Where do I check? Should I just try remaking my villager?

fernoca

Alucrid said:
Where do I check? Should I just try remaking my villager?
Yep.
If the code was stored a message will pop saying that you have an unused code, if it doesn't you might need to re-enter the code again.

zenbot said:
Fable 2 is among my favourite games this generation. (I can't explain my love for the game. It's like it hits weak spots only I possess, given what the GAF hive-mind largely thinks of it.) I am so excited for 3. So excited.
The thing that really made Fable 2 for me was the sense that you can actually be the good guy. Not necessarily the rogue with the heart of gold (although you could do that), and not the troubled anti-hero (although you could do that too), but just, ya know, the "good guy". The one who faces the terrors of the night and returns triumphant to lift the spirits of the villagers.

I'm not one for Animal Crossing like games, and random civilians in Molyneux games almost always end up enduring my amoral wrath, but for some reason I got a kick out of buying apartments, upgrading them and renting them out at dirt cheap rates. I liked playing the friggin' lute for a bunch of drunken villagers while showing off trophies of heroic deeds.

I spent a good 20 minutes just making my virtual baby laugh in her crib. That was mindblowing for me.

For someone who usually comes down from the stress of work by shooting or blowing up endless hordes or the bad-guy flavor of the month, it was nice to come home to something... well, nice, for once. Maybe I'm just getting old ;P

(although my evil Fable 2 character was the stuff of children's nightmares. Bwahahahahaaaaa!!!)

Might be worth adding in the OP.

Best Buy's ad for next week has Fable 3 listed as one of the select titles for their Buy 2 Get 1 free sale.

Alucrid

Banned
fernoca said:
Yep.
If the code was stores a message will pop saying that you have an unused code, if it doesn't you might need to re-enter the code again.

Hm, it just takes me back to the page that says "Start Designing" at the top and "Already preordered?" at the bottom. I guess it took it then since I see nowhere to enter the code. Thanks for the help. :D

When you gotta go, you gotta go
To keep sharp in combat, you'll have to eat, sleep and masturbate as well as making sure to use the toilet so that you're not hindered in combat or shit your pants, and lose the respect of your citizens.
info is just a rumor right now

WTF?!:lol I seriously hope this is in the game!

Great OP, I've got the Le reserved on Amazon. But not I'm sure if I'll be able to pull myself away from New Vegas...

fernoca

Alucrid said:
Hm, it just takes me back to the page that says "Start Designing" at the top and "Already preordered?" at the bottom. I guess it took it then since I see nowhere to enter the code. Thanks for the help. :D
Hmmm.
Checked with my sign-in info and it says:
Welcome Back.
Your code has been redeemed. Would you like t osee your custom Fable III villager?
[View your villager]

3029i4z.jpg

2ldx3s4.png

fernoca

Added pics to my post of the site, just in case.
The site gave me some trouble back then, but it always stored the code.

Alucrid

Banned
fernoca said:
Added pics to my post of the site, just in case.
The site gave me some trouble back then, but it always stored the code.

Thanks for that, very helpful. The bottom window doesn't show anything for me. I'll check it out tomorrow and if nothing happens I'll probably try and contact someone about it. I'm guessing that my code is connected to my account though since it's not asking for it anywhere.

troopershades

Neo Member
Sooo glad to read that they fixed the co-op camera. I played the co-op once and never went back to it. Truly a horrible experience. Here's to my grades not suffering due to all this greatness being unleashed upon my PC and 360.

just wanted to say that the commercial is full of epic-ness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHeOiPbV5Do

saw this video as related.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b58kX3_JDic&feature=related

I had no idea that they've improved customization for housing to that degree. This actually makes me interested to build up my house/castle. Also the meta game of property ownership, and having to ensure that houses are repaired and stuff seems to be much more involving then the old method of just earning money.

Now all they need to do is allow a person to beat the game without having to actually kill anyone, and allow for civilization style wins with economy/tech.

Nelo Ice

Banned
tempted to get the LE with all my amazon credit but i have a feeling it'll bomb in price just like every other "limited" edition :lol

I don't know whether to be excited for this or not. I really enjoyed Fable 2 and loved exploring its world, but getting a corrupted save file just as I was about to finish up the game really soured the whole experience for me. I may just borrow this from my friend.

Zzoram

Fable II's blurry graphics gave me a serious headache. It was so blurry, there was no good reason for the game to look that bad. I'm not sure if it was terrible motion blur or just really low resolution but that really made it hard to enjoy the game. I made myself beat it anyways but I'd rather not go through that again, so if Fable III still suffers from blurry graphics I'm not interested.

troopershades said:
Sooo glad to read that they fixed the co-op camera. I played the co-op once and never went back to it. Truly a horrible experience. Here's to my grades not suffering due to all this greatness being unleashed upon my PC and 360.

So this game will be more fun in co-op now?!?! I was planning on not spending anymore this year on day one purchases, but I think that changes things for me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
vhfive said:
so I pre-order on amazon, where do I find the code to get my villager in my game?

Pre-order Bonus Offer--Design Your Own Character: Pre-order Fable III and Amazon.com will provide you with a code to see a villager you've created come to life in the game. Start designing your character today at www.xbox.com/fable3 and we'll send you a code within 10 days before the game releases.

They's gonna email it to you probably soon after you put in your order.

It's such a weird system. I wonder if it'll become available to people who don't preorder? I guess they can call it DLC and charge for it.

Great OP thanks for making it

DAY F*ING ONE !!!
Loved fable 2 finished it all in 40 hours. And wanted more!

I read the OP but the co-op part is not true (as far as I know), the LOCAL co-op is just one camera and limmited but the online co-op is "REAL" co-op with your own character and camera and dog.
At least that is what I thought.

The Dutch Slayer said:
Great OP thanks for making it

DAY F*ING ONE !!!
Loved fable 2 finished it all in 40 hours. And wanted more!

I read the OP but the co-op part is not true (as far as I know), the LOCAL co-op is just one camera and limmited but the online co-op is "REAL" co-op with your own character and camera and dog.
At least that is what I thought.

thats fine with me. It'll be all online for me baby :D

Kritz

Banned
The Fable series has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, as I enjoyed I and II for what they were worth and then some. But it really feels like they've sent Fable III out to die. The game comes out in a week? Really? What the eff.

I don't think I'll even pick it up on release, due to my stance of never buying a console game I could otherwise get on PC. But even still, I have a feeling that this game is either completely broken or completely shit.

Sorry for being so down on the game, I want to love it. But the fact is I know god damn nothing about this game at all. And delayed PC version makes me sad. :(

GhaleonEB

I liked Fable, flawed as it was, and loved Fable II. But everything I've seen and read on Fable III has me thinking I'll skip out. The mechanics in place of a menu sound cumbersome and obnoxous, and the game looked terrible at PAX: poor animation, camera work, AI, explosions, the works. I looked like it needed to cook another six months or more.

It would take a pretty spectacular demo and salvo of reviews to get me on board this one.

derFeef

So, I loved Fable 1 for what it was. Charming game. I skipped Fable II for whatever reason but tried out the free episode and I kind of liked what I saw. But I would prefer Fable III on PC to be honest - now I am torn apart :/

SpokkX

is all animation running in 30fps this time?

It bothered me that the animation was running at 20 fps (or something) while the game was 30fps in Fable 2...

I highly enjoyed Fable II for the property owning/renting, the business owning, the family aspects, the atmosphere, etc. The missions were completely secondary to my just running around doing random stuff. As long as Fable III improves those aspects, I'm sure I'll enjoy it again.

Voice cast is great and the King stuff looks interesting, but I didn't really enjoy Fable II and so I'm unlikely to actually purchase this, it looks as dumbed down as it's predecessor.

Probably will just end up renting this.

Monocle

I enjoyed customizing my hero's look in Fable 2 with different articles of clothing and dyes. Any word on how customizable your character is this time around? It looks like the new inventory room lets you swap between only full outfits. I really hope it's still possible to equip and remove individual garments and change their colors so I can recreate my dreadlocked pirate/highwayman dude from the previous game.

Top Bottom