• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III |OT| King for a day...fool for a lifetime

Ricker

xBigDanx said:
so I can continue to open up chest on the road to rule after I beat the game?

Yes,you can continue to look for the gnomes and keys and all if you haven`t found all of them....i`ll be getting Understone if it`s tomorrow`s deal of the day and try to find my final silver key,then i`ll be done with it.

LTTP - but I just got this and this is my 1st fable game...

Just one question, are all these games this..well..gay??.. I find myself dancing and grunting with men all the time, and the 1st prostitute I found was def a man... What gives? :lol

Kinda serious, but aside from that it's not bad..

I only have 2 achievements left, and a shit-ton of money.

"We Can be Heroes" - Earn 1000G in Henchmen Wages (I'll sort this out in due course)
"We Need guns, lots Of Guns" - Collect all legendary weapons.

If anyone could spare any of the following legendary Weapons I'd appreciate it.

Bloodcraver
Mirian's Mutilator
The Ice Maiden
Arkwright's Flintlock
Defender Of Fhe faith
Facemelter
Marksman 500
Simmon's Shotgun
Skorm's Justice
Swift Irregular
The Equaliser
The Sandgoose
Beadle's Cutlass
Really Sharp Pair Of Scissors
The Casanova
The Splade
The Swinging Sword
Thunderblade
Aurora's Shield
Dragonbone Hammer
Jack's Hammer
scythe's Warhammer
Sorrow's Fist
Tannar's Glory
The Tenderiser
The TYPO

Also, like I said I have a shit-ton of gold (over 10million just in my pocket alone) so if anyone needs any and can't be arsed to hang around whilst it accrues just lemme know.

Krispy Killa v3 said:
I for one actually think the game gets better the more you get into it, and I liked being King... I just thought that section was too short, and wtf, there was NO warning when 'the last day' came. One minute it was 130 days or whatever, the next minute it was THE FINAL BATTLE

that really screwed me. I had done mostly, not all, but mostly good choices so I had under 1MM in the treasurey... but I had a ton in my personal account so I was going to transfer it all in and let the clock run a bit so I can get more from personal to treasurey since I owned every building and all that etc etc... but with no warning, i went straight to the final battle, and after I beat it, 6MM people died! that sucked. I had cash to save way more. Now I have a population of 500k in all of Albion. And all my "Heros" love me and happy angel wing, Teresa-hugging ending... but all 500k people left in Albion detest me :lol that's sucks, kinda depressing. they should have given you a better heads up
I nearly played 10hours to get the
Gold and the playtime wasn't worth for it. The ending just sucks. It nearly destroyed the positive impression I had with the first half. I'll never be going to play that game again...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Monkeylord said:
I only have 2 achievements left, and a shit-ton of money.

"We Can be Heroes" - Earn 1000G in Henchmen Wages (I'll sort this out in due course)
"We Need guns, lots Of Guns" - Collect all legendary weapons.

If anyone could spare any of the following legendary Weapons I'd appreciate it.

Bloodcraver
Mirian's Mutilator
The Ice Maiden
Arkwright's Flintlock
Defender Of Fhe faith
Facemelter
Marksman 500
Simmon's Shotgun
Skorm's Justice
Swift Irregular
The Equaliser
The Sandgoose
Beadle's Cutlass
Really Sharp Pair Of Scissors
The Casanova
The Splade
The Swinging Sword
Thunderblade
Aurora's Shield
Dragonbone Hammer
Jack's Hammer
scythe's Warhammer
Sorrow's Fist
Tannar's Glory
The Tenderiser
The TYPO

Also, like I said I have a shit-ton of gold (over 10million just in my pocket alone) so if anyone needs any and can't be arsed to hang around whilst it accrues just lemme know.
Your best bet is somewhere like x360a.org and look in the Fable 3 forum. They normally have threads for trading stuff like that.

eshwaaz

Apologies if this has been discussed to death, but this is my first time in this thread. I'm about 8 hours in (and was having quite a good time), when out of nowhere everyone in Bowerstone Market started fearing me. I've been playing a purely good character with fair rent prices, so this was totally out of nowhere.

Is this a common occurrence? Is it a bug? Even when I do quests for people to regain their trust, they just return to fearing me.

J-Roderton

So I just got a used copy of this game and it came with the card including the code to put in, unused. I don't have Xbox Live at my dorm at the moment so I was wondering what exactly I get when I put in the code?

Sheik790

I'm so not looking forward to collecting all the weapons. I only got the dolls in Fable 2 cause someone was handing them out in Bowerstone.

Biosnake, I'd suggest getting 2. It seemed the better experience and if you really like it you can pick up 3 later.

oatmeal said:
Getting this off of Goozex finally!

I loved 1 and really enjoyed 2.

Am I in for the same thing?

Sounds like you didn't like 2 as much as 1, so yeah... same thing... you won't like 3 as much as 2.

You'll probably still like it enough though, unless you hit a bug that ruins things for you.

Monocle

biosnake20 said:
should i get this or fable 2 for 20 bones?
Fable 2 for sure. I prefer its campaign, combat, and NPC interaction to Fable 3's. And it's nice not to have to babysit my real estate empire all the time (in Fable 3 you have to periodically repair every house you own—individually).

Mr. Sam

Monocle said:
Fable 2 for sure. I prefer its campaign, combat, and NPC interaction to Fable 3's. And it's nice not to have to babysit my real estate empire all the time (in Fable 3 you have to periodically repair every house you own—individually).

13 days late, but I concur.

Darkgran

I really want to like this game, but it's kind of a mess.

Technically the game is broken..slowdown when I'm just walking through a zone and nothing is happening...Really? I don't know how many times my dog has gotten stuck or the quest trail has disappeared or enemies have gotten stuck in the environment...and so on. It also seems like the quest system is kind of broken.

I don’t really mind having to go to the sanctuary every time I pause the game, that’s fine and the combat although not great works. But for the love of Pete the technical issues just piss me off.

Darkgran said:
I really want to like this game, but it's kind of a mess.

Technically the game is broken..slowdown when I'm just walking through a zone and nothing is happening...Really? I don't know how many times my dog has gotten stuck or the quest trail has disappeared or enemies have gotten stuck in the environment...and so on. It also seems like the quest system is kind of broken.

I don’t really mind having to go to the sanctuary every time I pause the game, that’s fine and the combat although not great works. But for the love of Pete the technical issues just piss me off.

When the trail disappears play with your dog, that usually resets it.

oatmeal

Banned
I loved Fable 1 and 2, I got into them FAR after the hype and then hate happened so I went in with no expectations.

This one was the same, got it recently and I'm really digging it so far. I'm a weirdo...in most games I'm just about getting to the end, but in this I'm spending hours making pies and shit.

I own every residence in the first town (can't remember name right now...) and all of the stores except the Pawn Shop (expensive as SHITTTTT).

Still, though, game is a blast! The Sanctuary thing confused me at first, but now it's not bad. It's a good thing it's quick, if you had to wait for it to load up and everything...God I'd kill myself.
(EDIT)
I'm addicted to gambling with chickens.

I have lost around 100K tonight alone. Fucking Feathered Avenger keeps coming back from teh dead at the very end to pull the upset. Fuck him.

So...did anyone pick up the DLC? No, right, I forgot: I'm the only one who loves this game.

First impressions (only an hour of play): story is a bit interesting but seems predictable. Humor is still there. The combat is a little more difficult. Anyone else giving this a go?

FateBreaker said:
So...did anyone pick up the DLC? No, right, I forgot: I'm the only one who loves this game.

First impressions (only an hour of play): story is a bit interesting but seems predictable. Humor is still there. The combat is a little more difficult. Anyone else giving this a go?

Maybe when it's on sale. Also would probably rather just wait until they say they're done with DLC and go through it all at once (again probably when on sale). Tends to feel like a better experience than hopping back into the game for an hour or two every few months.

Nelo Ice

Banned
HadesGigas said:
Maybe when it's on sale. Also would probably rather just wait until they say they're done with DLC and go through it all at once (again probably when on sale). Tends to feel like a better experience than hopping back into the game for an hour or two every few months.

same i'll prolly pick it up at a discount or if all the dlc gets bundled

FateBreaker said:

Just me and you buddy.

Wait till you see the last boss. ;)
Also, I loved Witchcraft Mary's section of the DLC.

voltron

Will deleting some data off my HDD help with the framerate issues at all? Anyone know?

I remember that helping with some game a while ago. Havent tried clearing the cache yet either.

MaddenNFL64

Traitors Keep DLC achievements are glitched. If you leave to do a coop game, or don't get everything in one go, the counters for the book gathering achievements (General Turner, Faraday etc.), all reset. So if you got 2 general turner books, then went off to play with your buddy, the counter of the books reset. Also, the Demon Door Achievement is glitched. Same counter reset. I have all 5 of General Turners books, and the counter says I have 3 of them. I opened every demon door. Says I opened 2. Sigh. Fucking Lionhead.

The game was good though. Babies first RPG indeed, but still. Fun.

edit: just don't go into coop with anything on the dlc active. I got the Lab notes achievement at the very least. The other book chievs I lost out on my main playthrough because i had gotten 1 or 2 books then did a coop run. came back & the counters reset, glitching it. The demon door chiev, I don't know how you avoid glitching that. Never play coop?

I guess thats it. Don't play coop until the whole DLC is finished.

Launching in the US on May 17 2011, Fable III for Windows takes you back to Albion for the next instalment of the beloved Fable franchise.

http://www.facebook.com/Fable3#!/album.php?aid=303082&id=134659811896

Finally played this. Never played Fable 1 or 2. Enjoyed the British humor after having played nothing but US and Japanese games for years and years. It was a decent action/RPG aside from the flaws that have been mentioned a million times. Combat was simple but fun. Don't mind it being so easy. The thing I didn't get about the ending was that my treasury was pretty low and I got the "good" ending even though I assume almost everyone in Albion died. The only thing that recognized this was a message that popped up that said so. I didn't bother to explore the post-game content but if you do, would you find a lot of dead bodies and destruction?

T Ghost

oatmeal said:
I loved Fable 1 and 2, I got into them FAR after the hype and then hate happened so I went in with no expectations.

This one was the same, got it recently and I'm really digging it so far. I'm a weirdo...in most games I'm just about getting to the end, but in this I'm spending hours making pies and shit.

I own every residence in the first town (can't remember name right now...) and all of the stores except the Pawn Shop (expensive as SHITTTTT).

Still, though, game is a blast! The Sanctuary thing confused me at first, but now it's not bad. It's a good thing it's quick, if you had to wait for it to load up and everything...God I'd kill myself.
(EDIT)
I'm addicted to gambling with chickens.

I have lost around 100K tonight alone. Fucking Feathered Avenger keeps coming back from teh dead at the very end to pull the upset. Fuck him.

I'm the same! I got into Fable 1 really late, never got into the pre-launch hype (didn't have an Xbox then) and went into it with no expectations. Loved Fable 1 to death. Love the humor style, art style, music, everything.

Loved Fable 2 as well. Got Fable III on a Black Friday for $20 and opened it last Saturday. I already played over 20hrs and got 2 or 3 mission of the main quest. I'm loving the "albion life". Own all houses and business of all the cities unlocked by now and amassed over 8 million after buying it all. I can't get over knocking about and interacting with citizens.

Vorg

Banned
So a Fable III demo came out on xbox live. I tried it out and don't like it much TBQH. I'm a fan of this franchise since the first one but Fable III just feels like it was made on a shoe string budget.

It looks ugly. I don't really know how, but the part of the game you start in is nigh last gen level stuff. It pretty much looks worse than Fable II 'till the end of the demo (which is something I can't even begin to comprehend given the 2 year interval between the two games). Lip synch and facial animation in general is plain bad.

On top of that, interaction with NPCs seems to have been simplified and limited to a choice between two expressions. Also, I didn't even see a life bar when fighting in the first dungeon (can you even die in the game?).

Not a first good impression.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Been trying to choke this down with a friend in coop on PC.

This game is a rancid testicle wart, holy shit. Everyone tried to warn me, I should have listened.

oatmeal

Banned
T Ghost said:
I'm the same! I got into Fable 1 really late, never got into the pre-launch hype (didn't have an Xbox then) and went into it with no expectations. Loved Fable 1 to death. Love the humor style, art style, music, everything.

Loved Fable 2 as well. Got Fable III on a Black Friday for $20 and opened it last Saturday. I already played over 20hrs and got 2 or 3 mission of the main quest. I'm loving the "albion life". Own all houses and business of all the cities unlocked by now and amassed over 8 million after buying it all. I can't get over knocking about and interacting with citizens.

Well, unlike 1 and 2, I couldn't continue. I just lost 100% interest after becoming king.

Didn't care about the rest of the game.

First half was a lot of fun, though.

Chris R

Just finished. Holy fuck this game is terrible. I should have never started, but after dropping 4 hours in I figure I might as well plow through the rest. I thought Fable 2 was tolerable at best, but this was just unplayable crap. Combat was terrible, and the 'leveling up' mechanic is probably the worst leveling system ever invented. There are some good ideas there (weapons leveling up... well good idea I guess) but the execution is just so piss poor, it makes me wonder wtf the devs were doing will all their time.

Speaking of devs, the game runs like shit. Seriously, worst performing 360 game I've ever played. I thought something was wrong with my 360, but nope, because it happened on two different 360s that are perfectly fine. Even with the install the disc is constantly being accessed and the game struggles to not drop into the 10s of FPS.

Story concept was decent, but again, it seems like they came up with an idea and left it to the last second to try to make it work. The ending was kinda dumb too,
how the fuck do they expect you to keep your promises and get 6.5 mil without leaving the game idling for hours to get rent money???
but at least the final boss proved to be almost fun to fight.

At least I didn't buy this game (swore off the series after II, should have kept it that way). Hope my brother can trade it out at the local game store for at least $15 credit :|

Iceman

I'm stuck on! Can anyone tell me where I'm suppose to meet Reaver in Bowerstone Industrial?

It's probably a glitch: It's my first day as king. I've already handled my brother and set the taxes. But now I've been sent off to Bowerstone Industrial to talk to Reaver. However, there's no glowing trail leading me any which way.. I can't find the guy no matter where I look.. and I can't leave the town without being forced to reload from an earlier save point, i.e. that same morning/1st day as king. It's like I'm stuck in groundhog day.

Gaspode_T

I'm playing through Fable 3 now...I loved Fable 2 and this one definitely is rubbing me the wrong way in some places but I still am having lots of fun with it.

The 10fps thing from above, I think their engine actually has a graphics filter that makes it look like a dream world, in other words ... it's that way on purpose.

I have lots of things to complain about but it's only because I love and care about the game and want it to be the best, I guess my main impression is that: This is the result of over-analyzing customer feedback...like Homer Simpson's car, sometimes listening to your customers is not the answer to make games great. They ended up making it so that casual gamers could have fun with it.

Elginer

Deadstar said:
This is on games for windows live for $12.49 if anyone cares. Should be worth it.
You'd think so, but you'd be wrong. Very wrong. I feel like a sucker for getting the CE. What a terrible and sloppy game. Love the art and some the missions but it's more broken than a hookers a dreams.

Elginer said:
You'd think so, but you'd be wrong. Very wrong. I feel like a sucker for getting the CE. What a terrible and sloppy game. Love the art and some the missions but it's more broken than a hookers a dreams.

He's just telling people about a deal. Sheesh.

Eusis

After reading up a bit more it sounds like hard (challenging) mode is EXCLUSIVE to the PC version. Given how easy the game is that at the very least should make it a better choice than getting on 360.

Put about 9 hours into Fable III over the past few days... not sure why people hate it so much, I'm finding it quite good.

Not only are the visuals nice and detailed, but the writing and voice acting are some of the best in the industry; it's an incredibly funny game as well.

Ledsen

Put about 9 hours into Fable III over the past few days... not sure why people hate it so much, I'm finding it quite good.

Not only are the visuals nice and detailed, but the writing and voice acting are some of the best in the industry; it's an incredibly funny game as well.

Hyperbole. Not as good as Fable 2 maybe, but not a bad game by any means. Some people even love it.

Top Bottom