• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook |OT| The Social Network

SolKane

TheBranca18 said:
No one needs any of this.

But people want it.

But who wants all this information about themselves publicized? Are we allowed to have personal lives any more or we all just human ciphers?

Alebrije

SolKane said:
I know I'm not the target market for this, but who really needs any of this crap?

FP2449-TOY-STORY-3-aliens.jpg

Enco

This might actually be great if I remove around 50% of my 'friends'.

That way I'll feel safer with sharing stuff (only Zuck to worry about now).

RDreamer said:
This timeline is pretty cool and kind of crazy thinking about if you have all this stuff filled out and done up through your life what your kids would think looking at it. I mean I've only seen like 2 or 3 pictures of my parents when they were younger than 25 or so. It'd blow my mind to see a timeline like this of them, but I think by the time I'm having children they'll be able to read all this crap about me... weird.

i don't use facebook for my nonexistent kids though. i use it for my friends and people who aren't my friends that i know. i don't want them to know all this shit.

edit: zuckerberg thinks his dog is so funnay

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Is Timeline going to be the new profile? Or is it an option?

Vgamer

Ermac said:
Is Timeline going to be the new profile? Or is it an option?

Good question. I clicked on that timeline link someone posted and there was a "sign up" option there. So it sounds like it may be optional for now maybe?? Not sure though.

SolKane

RDreamer said:
This timeline is pretty cool and kind of crazy thinking about if you have all this stuff filled out and done up through your life what your kids would think looking at it. I mean I've only seen like 2 or 3 pictures of my parents when they were younger than 25 or so. It'd blow my mind to see a timeline like this of them, but I think by the time I'm having children they'll be able to read all this crap about me... weird.

"Hey son, have I ever told you about that time in college I got wasted and took photos with a bunch of random skanks?"

bluehat9

So where do you see other people's status updates again?

SolKane said:
"Hey son, have I ever told you about that time in college I got wasted and took photos with a bunch of random skanks?"

...and that's How I Met Your Mother.

Alebrije

I don not like the changes, services that I do not need. Facebook should be just a tool to be in touch with friends and family (specially the ones that live to far) and no to show all your life as the Truman show.

I like the fact that Facebook have hired a UI designer.

I don't like that now I might as well just lock off all privacy to just make it easier with "MY ENTIRE LIFE" on there.

I don't want my entire life on there. :(

Davidion

I like the general concept and philosophy behind it. I also don't see why in the world I'd want to share all of that information with everyone; this whole thing seems to function off of the idea that you'd want to share all of "your life" with everyone and that the main draw for people are their friends' pages as opposed to say, the news feed.

That having been said, it's a pretty big dynamic change. It seems great for celebrity/organization pages, at least.

Also, you can tell that Zuckerberg is trying hard as all fuck to improve his presentation skills, like sparks off the rails hard.

Chinner

Banned
after watching this video, and making a critical assessment of both timeline and mark zuckerberg, i have decided that yes, maybe there is no god afterall.

"So I got a quick look at the new Faceobok Profiles yesterday, and I was impressed. But that's not the biggest thing coming out of f8 today" - Ben Parr

Damn!

Top Bottom