• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook |OT| The Social Network

Ken Masters said:
Your caps lock posts are not clever or funny in the slightest, just come off as annoying. I get the point you make. But the vert point you're making is the point of facebook in the first place. Don't like it? Log off facebook and deactivate your account

Your accusations are hilarious. This is a forum where people discuss things. I have no idea what a vert point is. The point of facebook is to make money from your information.

Don't like my posts? Add me to your ignore list.

BlazingDarkness said:
So is there still a feed of my friends' statuses that i can comment on?
I'm looking at that timeline page but I can't see it

Timeline is like a separate part of your profile that you build for others to look at.

Everything else is the same as is now.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Apparently nobody since I have 40 friends and the last sign of activity was 4 days ago.

I use Google+ with one other person to share music, books, and soccer discussion.

ecurbj said:
I have one. Still lingering on to Facebook and Twitter however...

And pretty much this. I use Twitter far more than Facebook, and really only have Facebook because of other people.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Expendable. said:
I can't wait to try this stuff out. Is no one else in love with these changes?
I'm on the same page, I don't get why every facebook topic that pops up, all these people have to come in with "LULZ facebook sucks!!11!!" "mark zuckenburg sucks!!!!" its a useful platform for social people and a great way to connect, and it looks like they're taking it to another level. I'm not going to post what I have for dinner every night, but I don't want to kill myself because the option is there...

Korey

MarkMclovin said:
Timeline is like a separate part of your profile that you build for others to look at.

Everything else is the same as is now.
I'm pretty sure it replaces your profile.

Korey

Why did they have the Spotify CEO guy come up to talk about how much he likes the idea of lighting up the world with music?

Chinner

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:
Rather them than you...
take that back blame space is the coolest guy i know just because you're an anime fan and you want facebook to incorporate your furry persona doesnt give you the right to insult blamey.

RDreamer

bluehat9 said:
spotify links with lastfm

I know this, but I was wondering about the feature about seeing what people are listening to and how you could click it and listen too. I was just wondering if I click it if I could be taken to Rhapsody to be taken to that track, or if it just goes to spotify if that person is listening to it there. And what about everything I've listened to on last.fm that wasn't through rhapsody or spotify or something. Was wondering about that going there too.

So to clarify: right now, as a site owner, I stick a Like button for people to click when they read it.

Now, Facebook will want want all my readers to [once] turn on an app for my website, when they read something on my site it'll appear automatically in their ticker (not feed) as "Name read [title]"?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Chinner said:
take that back blame space is the coolest guy i know just because you're an anime fan and you want facebook to incorporate your furry persona doesnt give you the right to insult blamey.

You leave my furries out of this. I'll get Zelda in here to put you in your place.

I'm pretty much going to be using Facebook as sparingly as possible now. These features are pretty neat, but I really don't need people seeing that I watch three episodes of Futurama on Netflix before I goto bed every night. I mean, who wants to see that? I certainly don't.

Top Bottom