• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FACT : Entire Russian Olympic team not banned from Rio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerk

Currently on twitter, and multiple media sources such as RT are reporting that according to a source the entire Russian Olympic team is going to be banned from the Rio Olympic games.

This being due to the evidence that has come out, stating that the Russian government facilitated the doping by changing samples, among other things.

Sources on the state run doping new ;

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/sports/russia-doping-sochi-olympics-2014.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/s...e-sponsored-doping-by-russia-at-olympics.html

NH0zEjj.gif

ShutterMunster

A blessing in disguise, low key. I can't believe how many athletes, particularly rich and successful athletes, are willing to risk catching that Zika for a gold medal. FOH.

Wikileaks to leak some IOC e-mails soon?

Sorry couldn't resist.

Hopefully this happens, then again these Olympics shouldn't be happening.

I feel bad for the Russians that didn't dope. That must suck knowing your country screwed you over.

On the other hand, a goverment's first job is to keep their citizens safe, so...

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
ridiculous IMO, there must plenty of athletes that work incredibly hard and are clean that this was there dream

ridiculous IMO, there must plenty of athletes that work incredibly hard and are clean that this was there dream
Did you feel bad for the penn state players who didn't molest children or any other dozens of examples where there was a need to punish a corrupt and out of control organization?

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
Did you feel bad for the penn state players who didn't molest children or any other dozens of examples where there was a need to punish a corrupt and out of control organization?
how in the world does this relate to that? you are one sick person, because doping is exactly the same as child abuse, for fucks sake

Xe4

Banned
I feel bad for the Russians that didn't dope. That must suck knowing your country screwed you over.

On the other hand, a goverment's first job is to keep their citizens safe, so...
I don't know if there were any. Everyone in sports at high levels dope. It's just required at this point. Russia was special because they were the ones doping the athletes.

Those athletes can still apply to compete under the Olympic banner instead. A few have already done so.

Sure there'll be some collateral damage but what's your alternative? Give Russia a slap on the hand for all the shit they've been pulling? Fuck that.

Arcia

Banned
Don't think any of the athletes are pregnant
Um dude, even if you aren't pregnant you can still catch it, become a carrier, and eventually spread it to another person and another person and so on. It will potentially get carried to their home countries and infect someone pregnant eventually at that point and then things are fucked.

This was a state sponsored doping scheme. It is one thing when individual athletes or even a group of athletes get caught in a scandal, it's another when the fucking sports program of the country is doing it and covering for the athletes. The nation deserves to be banned for like 2-3 olympic cycles IMO.

Athletes who can prove they are clean can probably compete under the IOC flag or whatever.

What sucks is that I really wanted to watch Abdulrashid Sadulaev wrestle, even if I really don't think he's 20 and I believe he is doping.

You do realize just about everyone if not all of them are on PEDs right? China is just as bad if not worse than Russia.

I don't think most countries are running state sponsored doping programs. China is a possibility, as are some other countries (or some sports federations in those countries). However you need indisputable proof like what we had with Russia.

Archer

☐ Not rekt
☑ Rekt
☑ Really Rekt
☑ Tyrannosaurus Rekt
☑ Cash4Rekt.com
☑ Grapes of Rekt
☑ Ship Rekt
☑ Rekt markes the spot
☑ Caught rekt handed
☑ The Rekt Side Story
☑ Singin' In The Rekt
☑ Painting The Roses Rekt
☑ Rekt Van Winkle
☑ Parks and Rekt
☑ Lord of the Rekts: The Reking of the King
☑ Star Trekt
☑ The Rekt Prince of Bel-Air
☑ A Game of Rekt
☑ Rektflix
☑ Rekt it like it's hot
☑ RektBox 360
☑ The Rekt-men
☑ School Of Rekt
☑ I am Fire, I am Rekt
☑ Rekt and Roll
☑ Professor Rekt
☑ Catcher in the Rekt
☑ Rekt-22
☑ Harry Potter: The Half-Rekt Prince
☑ Great Rektspectations
☑ Paper Scissors Rekt
☑ RektCraft
☑ Grand Rekt Auto V
☑ Call of Rekt: Modern Reking 2
☑ Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Rekt
☑ Rekt It Ralph
☑ Left 4 Rekt
☑ www.rekkit.com
☑ Pokemon: Fire Rekt
☑ The Shawshank Rektemption
☑ The Rektfather
☑ The Rekt Knight
☑ Fiddler on the Rekt
☑ The Rekt Files
☑ The Good, the Bad, and The Rekt
☑ Forrekt Gump
☑ The Silence of the Rekts
☑ The Green Rekt
☑ Gladirekt
☑ Spirekted Away
☑ Terminator 2: Rektment Day
☑ The Rekt Knight Rises
☑ The Rekt King
☑ REKT-E
☑ Citizen Rekt
☑ Requiem for a Rekt
☑ REKT TO REKT ass to ass
☑ Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Rekt
☑ Braverekt
☑ Batrekt Begins
☑ 2001: A Rekt Odyssey
☑ The Wolf of Rekt Street
☑ Rekt's Labyrinth
☑ 12 Years a Rekt
☑ Gravirekt
☑ Finding Rekt
☑ The Arekters
☑ There Will Be Rekt
☑ Christopher Rektellston
☑ Hachi: A Rekt Tale
☑ The Rekt Ultimatum
☑ Shrekt
☑ Rektal Exam
☑ Rektium for a Dream
☑ www.Trekt.tv
☑ Erektile Dysfunction

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Regardless of the circumstances for the ban, the olympics in Rio is already a joke so losing a major competitor just cements that fact. It's mostly tragic for the athletes that are in very age restrictive competitions where your peak window is ultra small.

Meh, my hype for Rio is already at an all time low and this doesn't help. The Olympics will be a poorer spectacle without Russian athletes and that is all I care about.

RS4-

Not supporting the Olympics or the WC. Fuck both of them.

I only feel bad for the Russians that aren't a part of the state sanctioned bullshit.

Maybe you haven't following the story, but no, there do not appear to be plenty of Russian athletes that are clean. I mean there aren't really any world class athletes who are clean, but Russians in particular are historically infamous for doping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom