• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
They do it without you asking. So be prepared for one.

LOL

Most people get tons of likes on kids!

whaaaaat how? I got the notification that they're "celebrating", but didn't click it. I really rather not watch one. Or have it posted on my wall without my agreement...

Wazzy

Banned
whaaaaat how? I got the notification that they're "celebrating", but didn't click it. I really rather not watch one. Or have it posted on my wall without my agreement...
They won't post it on your wall but the video's been made. You make the decision to make it public.

Linius

So I tried the FEAST test for air traffic controller this morning, didn't work out. I totally messed up during the part where you have identify the right cube.

In the cube test, the applicant's spatial awareness is tested. A net of a cube is shown which must be mentally constructed and compared with 2 cubes. Most of the time, one of the cubes corresponds to the net of the cube shown; sometimes neither of the 2 options correspond. There are 25 minutes for 36 cubes. (Here the 1st part of the test ends, if national air traffic control organisations split it into two parts (see above)).

This.

Geido

Is everybody here following True Detective?

This is probably the best show I've ever seen.

That 6 minute shot at the end was incredible.

Linius

That sucks. Will you be able to redo the test?

If you really want to they allow you a second time the year after. But I'm not gonna do that, just gonna pick an HBO study now.

But it's no biggie, I'm in between studies at the moment so I just thought "what the hell, let's try this". It was fun to visit an army building and participate I guess :p

Finally figured out how to survive for a while in Don't Starve. Got some farms going on, have some berry bushes moved near by permanent encampment, got some rabit traps nearbye. Stone firepit, and I've even got two "forests" that I'm maintaining myself by planting pinecones as I chop the trees down. Starting to horde supplies for winter.

Is everybody here following True Detective?

This is probably the best show I've ever seen.

That 6 minute shot at the end was incredible.

That's so funny I was going to ask that after I finished yesterday's show. Just started watching the episode right now. Love the show.

Edit: that is if I can get past the title sequence. I am just listening to it over and over right now.

Linius

On the subject of TV shows, has anybody been watching Enlisted? It's on Fox on fridays since a month or so and it's really funny. Not Brooklyn Nine-Nine tear funny but good enough to check it out. Too bad they suffer from shitty ratings so far despite the good reviews. Fox at least moved it to another timeslot so they are trying to keep it alive :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3T8jmQlMjs

Linius

I don't really need coffee. But this morning I had to wait for a bus out in the cold so I decided to take some coffee with me from the train station :p

Geido

That's so funny I was going to ask that after I finished yesterday's show. Just started watching the episode right now. Love the show.

Edit: that is if I can get past the title sequence. I am just listening to it over and over right now.

All of it just works so well.

I'm also really looking forward to season 2, the concept of the series is really special.

soepje

I need coffee in the morning otherwise my whole day is ruined. Just in the morning though, i rarely drink coffee in the afternoon or evening. That's (green) tea time.
If you really want to they allow you a second time the year after. But I'm not gonna do that, just gonna pick an HBO study now.

But it's no biggie, I'm in between studies at the moment so I just thought "what the hell, let's try this". It was fun to visit an army building and participate I guess :p
Ah alright, good to know no dreams where shattered :). Do you know what you are going to study yet?

Linius

I need coffee in the morning otherwise my whole day is ruined. Just in the morning though, i rarely drink coffee in the afternoon or evening. That's (green) tea time.

Ah alright, good to know no dreams where shattered :). Do you know what you are going to study yet?

Not entirely sure yet. But I'm thinking about Aviation Studies. I need to pick something I'm feeling good about and can actually finish because I'll be 23 when I start after the summer. Can't study forever :p

The thing about caffeine is that eventually you depend on it, and need it just to reach the baseline level that you normally would have if you'd never started drinking it. It's far from the worst addiction you could have, but I'm content with avoiding it.

soepje

Not entirely sure yet. But I'm thinking about Aviation Studies. I need to pick something I'm feeling good about and can actually finish because I'll be 23 when I start after the summer. Can't study forever :p
Sounds interesting. Good luck with that :)!

The thing about caffeine is that eventually you depend on it, and need it just to reach the baseline level that you normally would have if you'd never started drinking it. It's far from the worst addiction you could have, but I'm content with avoiding it.

I don't really get headaches if I don't have it or anything, but I would say I'm addicted yeah. My day is certainly shit without it.

I had a teacher in High School who had a coffee pot in her room. Always had countless cups a day. As a prank, a student switched her coffee with decaf, and she was dead. Couldn't function at all. I always try my best to regulate what my intake is, never too much.

However, if I do get a lot for some reason, I always try to hold back on getting anymore until I feel normal again.

MutFox

Banned

I'm sorta in that club.
Me drinking a coffee is pretty rare, like once a month or every few months...

Though I do drink green tea almost everyday. (has a bit of caffeine)
Most likely due to my Japanese half... :|

It's far from the worst addiction you could have, but I'm content with avoiding it.

Good coffee is too good to live without.

YOU ARE NOT YOUR FACEBOOK PROFILE

Totally agree.

But! Given that in addition to pictures of their lattes, khakis, and fucking cars to curate an image that they wish others to have of them, many people choose to share important events in their life on Facebook in photographic form; why shouldn't a montage of likely images not trigger 'feels'?

Especially those people who live their lives too much through Facebook.

I just found the greatest method ever.

It declares a new variable called hello, assigns it "?" and returns false.

o_O. That's quite something.
I can't believe the author didn't use 'foo' as the variable name and 'bar' as the value.

The most generous thing I can think of was that it was used with the debugger to make sure a certain block was reached (though there are better ways), or a particular child class was being invoked over another (though there are better ways), and then never deleted.

Oh, hehe, Dad's half, mom's half is Mexican... :p
japanese and mexican sounds hella cool
But! Given that in addition to pictures of their lattes, khakis, and fucking cars to curate an image that they wish others to have of them, many people choose to share important events in their life on Facebook in photographic form; why shouldn't a montage of likely images not trigger 'feels'?

Especially those people who live their lives too much through Facebook.

haha I love the way you phrased that :3
+you're right. maybe I just don't have enough personal details I shared on fb so I can't relate

Windam

Scaley member

I love my caffeine addiction. DON'T JUDGE ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom