• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ohmygaaaaawd

So, I've been working in my current lab for more than 2 years now. It's nice but not really the kind of research I want to do in my life. I'm graduating and they're running out of money by August, so I was planning on applying for jobs at other labs. Work would also fast-track me for permanent residency.

Now the lab supervisor is trying to convince me to stay by making the offer that I might be able to fast-track my masters and finish it in just one year instead of the usual 3+

GAAAAAH DECISIONS

ibhevqII7zH4yO.gif

This poor thread.

Ohmygaaaaawd

So, I've been working in my current lab for more than 2 years now. It's nice but not really the kind of research I want to do in my life. I'm graduating and they're running out of money by August, so I was planning on applying for jobs at other labs. Work would also fast-track me for permanent residency.

Now the lab supervisor is trying to convince me to stay by making the offer that I might be able to fast-track my masters and finish it in just one year instead of the usual 3+

GAAAAAH DECISIONS

I'd definitely go for it if I were in your position.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm so fucking salty about the pokemon tournament match I just did.

The guys team was basically a combination of two that were banned in singles and a bunch of other top leaders.

Like, vsing a smeargle paired up with mega kenga is ridiculous. You either let mega kenga setup or get your team sleeped. Ugh.
Got the job
Nice and congratulations!!

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm so fucking salty about the pokemon tournament match I just did.

The guys team was basically a combination of two that were banned in singles and a bunch of other top leaders.

Like, vsing a smeargle paired up with mega kenga is ridiculous. You either let mega kenga setup or get your team sleeped. Ugh.
i-know-some-of-these-words-o_zps5567d44f.gif

Damn girl that's rough.

Smeargle is that weird paintbrush tail right? I know that word.

Smiley90

...dude a masters in one year fffffffffffffffffffffffff

That sounds incredible.

This poor thread.

I'd definitely go for it if I were in your position.

But it'd delay me getting permanent residency and citizenship by at least 2 years..... and I'm still considering moving back after that, so that'd delay that too......... I DUNNO WHAT TO DO

But it'd delay me getting permanent residency and citizenship by at least 2 years..... and I'm still considering moving back after that, so that'd delay that too......... I DUNNO WHAT TO DO

I must have missed it on the last page, but are you in a master's program too?

At my university they have a program where you take grad courses your senior year, get your bachelor's, and then go back for one more and get your master's. I'm in it and I'm debating whether or not I actually want to finish.

Smiley90

I must have missed it on the last page, but are you in a master's program too?

At my university they have a program where you take grad courses your senior year, get your bachelor's, and then go back for one more and get your master's. I'm in it and I'm debating whether or not I actually want to finish.

Ohmygaaaaawd

GAAAAAH DECISIONS

See above (it's literally like... 6, 7 posts above....)

And yeah they don't have that program here yet, officially, but my supervisor wants to appeal for special permission given to me because I've been working in the lab for more than 2 years and have done a ton of research already. I'm in my last semester of my Bachelor's atm.

See above (it's literally like... 6, 7 posts above....)

And yeah they don't have that program here yet, officially, but my supervisor wants to appeal for special permission given to me because I've been working in the lab for more than 2 years and have done a ton of research already. I'm in my last semester of my Bachelor's atm.

Oh I see.

I don't know shit about how the research field operates, but I think a master's, no matter how long it takes, is worth it.

I just don't have the motivation for school anymore

Smiley90

Oh I see.

I don't know shit about how the research field operates, but I think a master's, no matter how long it takes, is worth it.

I just don't have the motivation for school anymore

Well I definitely wanna do a Master's eventually. It's basically mandatory for research (a PhD even, basically). It's just that to get citizenship ASAP, I need a job. While I'm in school I can't apply for permanent residency, so it'd delay my application if I did a Master's first and then went to look for a job.

Wazzy

Banned
Andddddd I'm out. I'm not happy about this tournament at all. My first two matches and both opponents use the same cheap pairing.

Oh well. GAF tournaments are more fun.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just stay there long enough that I can couch crash. Really though if you can get that quick masters that's great.

Wazzbro that's rough. In other gaming news we're loading into a map called dawnbreaker and my friend goes "that's a d breaker"

Well I definitely wanna do a Master's eventually. It's basically mandatory for research (a PhD even, basically). It's just that to get citizenship ASAP, I need a job. While I'm in school I can't apply for permanent residency, so it'd delay my application if I did a Master's first and then went to look for a job.

Yeah :(

School sucks right now. I'm just so burnt out I couldn't even imagine going for my doctorate. Maybe someday, but definitely not in the immediate future

Smiley90

Just stay there long enough that I can couch crash. Really though if you can get that quick masters that's great.

Wazzbro that's rough. In other gaming news we're loading into a map called dawnbreaker and my friend goes "that's a d breaker"

Yeah I'm gonna be here for at least another 5 years or so. :lol AT LEAST.

I just realized the guy singing with Will Smith is Sisqo hahhahahahahaha

Hey squall fancy seeing you here :D

ACRID, I didn't even notice it was you without your real pic haha.

And now I want to listen to the thong song

Welcome!

You have Squall in your username so you must have good taste. ;D

:O now I do feel welcome :D anyone here playing Bravely Default by chance? Friend Code: 3823-8533-2433

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom