• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
It's reading
Aren't you a last semester senior?
gFMagCw.jpg

this was most definitely me :(

usea

Thanks for the advice, all. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I should be straight with her. I think I'm just being selfish by indulging in the attention a bit. :\

As for the flirting, I've tried to keep it to a minimum. Well, that's kind of a lie. We text a lot, which is pretty unusual as I almost never text anybody. And she tried to hold my hand when we were walking through a crowd. I obliged since honestly it was a big crowd and she had been drinking. And whenever there's a get-together she will usually find some excuse to sit or stand next to me. Also there's the facebook chatting.

We ate dinner at a restaurant the other day, just the two of us. I go over to her place and watch tv with her and her roommate sometimes. Normally I try to make sure there's other people around when we're hanging out. One time her roommate went to bed early and we watched a movie by ourselves. I left promptly after it finished.

She sometimes texts me things like good morning and good night, which I usually return. Or just random things throughout the day.

I don't mind at all. Honestly I wish I could be close like that with all my friends. But I know she has the wrong idea.

I still need to watch series four. d

Apparently, it gets much better after
Mary stops being a depressing idiot.
But I dunno, the writing seemed way worse in the few episodes of it I watched.

MutFox

Banned
Hello the continued slide of the Canucks into the bottom of the league! :p

Nah, Canucks are either Mediocre or good...
We never slide to the bottom to get the 1st pick... :/

Sometimes I wish we went to the bottom,
just to rebuild from scratch, just like the pens and hawks...
Not like the Oilers

Oh well, here we go into mediocrity again... ** sigh **

Wazzy

Banned
Hello the continued slide of the Canucks into the bottom of the league! :p

We'll see. Personally, I'm sick of Luongo and everything that comes with him.

Now, if they trade Kesler, I'll be pissed off. But right now I'm pretty happy. We need a new start and Luongo wasn't working for us.

Acid08

Banned
Nah, Canucks are either Mediocre or good...
We never slide to the bottom to get the 1st pick... :/

Sometimes I wish we went to the bottom,
just to rebuild from scratch, just like the pens and hawks...
Not like the Oilers

Oh well, here we go into mediocrity again... ** sigh **
Depending on who you guys get for Kesler(when he's eventually traded, maybe not by tomorrow) things could get really ugly. You would basically only have the Sedins and Higgins as top six forwards. Unless Burrows decides to not be shit.

MutFox

Banned
Depending on who you guys get for Kesler(when he's eventually traded, maybe not by tomorrow) things could get really ugly. You would basically only have the Sedins and Higgins as top six forwards. Unless Burrows decides to not be shit.

Yeah, it was fun to have a good team while it lasted,
seeing good hockey, night in, night out, can't be taken for granted...

I knew it was over once we lost to the leafs...
That was rock bottom for me, not losing to them for over a decade felt great...

Acid08

Banned
We'll see. Personally, I'm sick of Luongo and everything that comes with him.

Now, if they trade Kesler, I'll be pissed off. But right now I'm pretty happy. We need a new start and Luongo wasn't working for us.
The only bad thing about him was his contract. Lu is a great goalie and has been horribly mismanaged since the Cup Finals. Schneider was too and now you have neither. Not getting any picks for Lu is kinda insane, such a weird trade.

Kesler will be traded. Maybe not by the deadline but it will happen eventually. He wants to win a Cup and the Canucks are now years from being competitive.

Wazzy

Banned
The only bad thing about him was his contract. Lu is a great goalie and has been horribly mismanaged since the Cup Finals. Schneider was too and now you have neither.

Kesler will be traded. Maybe not by the deadline but it will happen eventually. He wants to win a Cup and the Canucks are now years from being competitive.

But his contract was enough for him to be a huge problem. He thought too highly of himself and payed for it. I mean, I've never seen a goalie who ACTUALLY needed a press conference to discuss that fact he wasn't traded. It was embarrassing.

I guess I just can't sympathize with his experience here. He got a great contract in the beginning that led to tons of money and got made captain. My biggest dissappointment is that they got rid of Schnieder and not Luongo first.

Also, I thought Kesler denied the wanting to leave rumours?

MutFox

Banned
But his contract was enough for him to be a huge problem. He thought too highly of himself and payed for it. I mean, I've never seen a goalie who ACTUALLY needed a press conference to discuss that fact he wasn't traded. It was embarrassing.

I guess I just can't sympathize with his experience here. He got a great contract in the beginning that led to tons of money and got made captain. My biggest dissappointment is that they got rid of Schnieder and not Luongo first.

Yeah, Schneider would have been great to keep... :/

Kesler denied them,
even going as far as saying his son was born here and doesn't want to leave...

Acid08

Banned

Blaming Lu for the Canucks organization fucking up is kind of backwards. Every bad thing that has happened with these goalies has been their fault. Luongo had to address it because he was done in Van last year. They tried and tried to trade him but Gillis refused to give in to the offers they had(some of which were rumored to be much better than this trade) and he ended up trading Schneider instead. Just ridiculous mismanagement.

Kesler denied that he asked for a trade but the Canucks are still trying to trade him, they're taking offers. The price is just ridiculously high.

MutFox

Banned
Blaming Lu for the Canucks organization fucking up is kind of backwards. Every bad thing that has happened with these goalies has been their fault. Luongo had to address it because he was done in Van last year. They tried and tried to trade him but Gillis refused to give in to the offers they had(some of which were rumored to be much better than this trade) and he ended up trading Schneider instead. Just ridiculous mismanagement.

Kesler denied that he asked for a trade but the Canucks are still trying to trade him, they're taking offers. The price is just ridiculously high.

We went from having Lu and Schnei to losing both...

WTF

WTF

I hope we keep Kesler, I think trading Edler is the way to go.
Get rid of the Sedin's too...
Kesler is Captain material.

Wazzy

Banned

I will not deny that Gillis and management played a huge role in this messup but Luongo is still partially responsible. He agreed to the contract and with something like that, he needs to bring his a-game. He's a decent goalie but he wasn't fitting in here and his attitude showed. Sure, Nucks fans haven't been the best to him but at times it was his fault.

All I'm saying is, I don't care he's gone and I don't think it's a big deal. The Luongo drama is overdone and I'm glad to see it gone. It's now a wait and see how we play thing.

As for Kesler, I still don't think they'll trade him unless it's an amazing deal. I don't see any kind of trade that would be a good idea but Gillis is a fucking idiot so..

Acid08

Banned
I will not deny that Gillis and management played a huge role in this messup but Luongo is still partially responsible. He agreed to the contract and with something like that, he needs to bring his a-game. He's a decent goalie but he wasn't fitting in here and his attitude showed. Sure, Nucks fans haven't been the best to him but at times it was his fault.

All I'm saying is, I don't care he's gone and I don't think it's a big deal. The Luongo drama is overdone and I'm glad to see it gone. It's now a wait and see how we play thing.

As for Kesler, I still don't think they'll trade him unless it's an amazing deal. I don't see any kind of trade that would be a good idea but Gillis is a fucking idiot so..
Not fitting in? He took your team to Game 7 of the SCF. He has been nothing but great and STILL gave it his all he could while getting fucked around by the Canucks management. And blaming the player for signing a contract that management offered is pretty.....interesting. His attitude was admirable in the light of all this crap he was dragged through.

Wazzy

Banned
Not fitting in? He took your team to Game 7 of the SCF. He has been nothing but great and STILL gave it his all he could while getting fucked around by the Canucks management. And blaming the player for signing a contract that management offered is pretty.....interesting. His attitude was admirable in the light of all this crap he was dragged through.

I don't agree. I think he's been a baby about all of this.

We got to game 7 and he along with the team fucked up. I don't know why we're going to act like he's the only reason we made it to game 7. He helped, sure, but so did the other players.

It seems like we won't see eye to eye on this. I honestly think this whole Luongo ordeal has been mishandled by him and management. Management has been worse about it but I still think Luongo holds a bit of responsibility.

MutFox

Banned
We got to game 7 and he along with the team fucked up. I don't know why we're going to act like he's the only reason we made it to game 7. He helped, sure, but so did the other players.

Luongo is the the biggest reason we made it that far...
Played so well, people forget that.

Rag on on him all you want, but you can't deny him that.

If we would have won the cup,
he was getting the Conn Smythe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom