• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they really sell this in in Australia, TDM:

QvO8EST.jpg

fucking gief

Never seen it. Want to try it tho.

But the curiosity is eating me alive.

On the other hand, I'd like to be able to sleep tonight. I will refrain. For now.

Just watch a load of Jam. That'll work better.

I haven't watched the Ninja Turtles video, I just want to spread the word of Chris Morris, king of satire and dark humour. He once made a comedy film about suicide bombers. It was surprisingly tasteful.

I'm terrible at reviews so I'm just gonna get to the meat and bones of it. This is mostly for Jake because I know the rest of you probably don't care.

I liked how the entire soundtrack was Ellie Goulding. It came off as a little too much at times, but I got used to it and now I need to go listen to Halcyon again. It was a great score as well. Tris's theme was just awesome.

It stayed true to the book in a lot of ways, but of course, small changes were made in places to better fit the plot. They're pretty minor and the same outcome as in the book happens regardless. Some examples:

Tris's fear about having sex with Tobias came off as really rapey

They changed the way her mom dies. Of course, she still gets shot, but she does so right next to Tris. It was still very well done. Shailene was great in that scene good lawd

That brings me to my next point. At first I was like "ugh Shailene should NOT be Tris. But she proved me wrong. Maggie Q was great too. Pretty much the whole cast did a really nice job.

I liked how it was more Tris focused as opposed to Tris x Tobias focused. It was refreshing, to say the least.

My biggest complaint was the ending.
The scene where Tris goes to stop the simulation was the worst change. It turned into Tris and Tobias vs. all the Erudite and I didn't like it at all.
:/

Oh and Theo. Unf marry me.

I'd give it an 8/10.

Only one? FUCK THIS MOVIE.

I'm terrible at reviews so I'm just gonna get to the meat and bones of it. This is mostly for Jake because I know the rest of you probably don't care.

I liked how the entire soundtrack was Ellie Goulding. It came off as a little too much at times, but I got used to it and now I need to go listen to Halcyon again. It was a great score as well. Tris's theme was just awesome.

It stayed true to the book in a lot of ways, but of course, small changes were made in places to better fit the plot. They're pretty minor and the same outcome as in the book happens regardless. Some examples:

Tris's fear about having sex with Tobias came off as really rapey

They changed the way her mom dies. Of course, she still gets shot, but she does so right next to Tris. It was still very well done. Shailene was great in that scene good lawd

That brings me to my next point. At first I was like "ugh Shailene should NOT be Tris. But she proved me wrong. Maggie Q was great too. Pretty much the whole cast did a really nice job.

I liked how it was more Tris focused as opposed to Tris x Tobias focused. It was refreshing, to say the least.

My biggest complaint was the ending.
The scene where Tris goes to stop the simulation was the worst change. It turned into Tris and Tobias vs. all the Erudite and I didn't like it at all.
:/

Oh and Theo. Unf marry me.

I'd give it an 8/10.

Nice. Sounds good.

Oh and they completely left out the scene with Peter and the knife. :(

My roommate's commentary during the choosing scene where they're all using the same knife: "How is HIV not rampant through this place?"

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

US Netflix -
Escape From LA, Assault on Precinct 13, Big Trouble in Little China and The Ward

Canadian Netflix -
Escape From LA, The Ward, Ghosts Of Mars

UK Netflix -
...nothing.

WHY SO LITTLE JOHN CARPENTER, COME ON

AcridMeat

Banned
Pretty sure They Live is still on Netflix here too.

Got home not long ago from The Grand Budapest Hotel. I forgot just how visually pleasing Wes Anderson films are. Loved it. The dialogue was great, but visually it was such a pleasure.

Go see it if you can.

I need to watch The Life Aquatic now.

Yeezus is actually the first Kanye album I ever listened to.

Black Skinhead, New Slaves, and Blood on the Leaves are a hell of a combo.
Haven't listened to his pre-Yeezus albums. Only really know the singles. (bug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom