• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
The music in Bebop is really good too. Bebop is really really excellent in general, there's a reason it gets recommended so much.
How come Champloo isn't mentioned more? At least it doesn't seem to have the same response despite being similar in tone, not setting. But good music and I heard similar storytelling.

Music related, listening to the OST put me in a hip hop mood. O.C. it is.
That is a plus. Still sucky coz I really liked him. But crazy gonna crazy
That's a shame, I hope he's able to get the help he needs.

ALL THE FIRE. FUCK. I WANT TO SLEEP TONIGHT.

640.jpg

Acid08

Banned
How come Champloo isn't mentioned more? At least it doesn't seem to have the same response despite being similar in tone, not setting. But good music and I heard similar storytelling.
Because the main story isn't as good as Bebop. It's less focused, Bebop is mostly laser focused throughout. The characters are more one note too, Bebop does more with the cast.

Bebop also has nostalgia going for it. Seems to be a lot of peoples' first srs anime so it's the series that comes to mind first and foremost. I do like Champloo's music more though because jazz-hop>straight jazz.

But w/e because Gurren Lagann is better than both!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
That's a shame, I hope he's able to get the help he needs.

Same. But I know he wont. It took forever to convince him he needed nicotine patches. Without anyone suggesting things he's just gonna hermit and do this to the next one that comes along :/

AcridMeat

Banned
Because the main story isn't as good as Bebop. It's less focused, Bebop is mostly laser focused throughout. The characters are more one note too, Bebop does more with the cast.

Bebop also has nostalgia going for it. Seems to be a lot of peoples' first srs anime so it's the series that comes to mind first and foremost. I do like Champloo's music more though because jazz-hop>straight jazz.

But w/e because Gurren Lagann is better than both!
That's fair. I also forgot how relatively recent Champloo is.

Like I said a couple days ago it was the music and art that made me stick with it. It was those last handful of episodes that made me enjoy it as a whole much more. I'm happy to hear Bebop is more fleshed out in the character department. Was waiting for that in Champloo and it was only hinted a bit here and there in a couple episodes.

Yeah jazz-hop is so damn good. I need to get back to that thread!

Oh shit, maybe I'll Gurren Lagann after Initial D...we'll see once the D is done.

I went back to Chinoiseries. Those two albums are so phenomenal.
Same. But I know he wont. It took forever to convince him he needed nicotine patches. Without anyone suggesting things he's just gonna hermit and do this to the next one that comes along :/
That's really unfortunate to hear. Sounds too stubborn, but then lashes out at those trying to help. Not a good situation at all. :/

Acid08

Banned
I heard there's a horrible cliffhanger and that they may never make another series. Shit's not fair. :(

Peep Show is coming back sometime this year for it's last series too. :(
There's actually another series coming out pretty soon to take it to the end of the manga. And there's a movie coming out.

I got all caught up on the manga but there hasn't been a translated chapter in months. Still ~30 left.

Acid08

Banned
Oh nice! Glad the person I was talking to was mistaken then. I had no idea. When is that stuff supposedly out?
Looks like the first episode is going to be out in May.

The movie is actually a trilogy too. Sounds like it'll be a recap of the whole series.

Lucian Cat

That's really unfortunate to hear. Sounds too stubborn, but then lashes out at those trying to help. Not a good situation at all. :/

Yep that's Dan in a nutshell. Stubborn as a mule and incapable of accepting help from those who love him. Thank god I got free haha

Lucian Cat

Wait...I just realized...DARK THEME????

I thought you were better than this, Lisa :(
It's more gentle on my delicate eyes :p
As someone who has accidentally fucked themselves with a cactus, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I promise I am joking.

Or am I?

Uh, she is better. Because she's using the dark theme.

I choose to believe this is real

and +1 for dark theme gaf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom