• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geido

It's my NaNoWriMo project, I'm 55.000 words in, and probably halfway there right now.

It's about an unmotivated college guy that's struggling to finish his master thesis and gets sucked into a murder mystery with supernatural stuff happening.

No vampires, but it still makes Twilight look really good.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
It's my NaNoWriMo project, I'm 55.000 words in, and probably halfway there right now.

It's about an unmotivated college guy that's struggling to finish his master thesis and gets sucked into a murder mystery with supernatural stuff happening.

No vampires, but it still makes Twilight look really good.

I read Twilight because a girl I knew recommended it, and after I had finished it she asked me what I thought and I said "it's pretty misogynistic in places" and she said "what's misogynistic mean" and thankfully I got fired soon after and have never seen her again.

Geido

That sounds pretty meta, Geido.

Yes, it's all based on the time I was dragged into a supernatural murder mystery myself.

The only difference is that I've been a coal miner since I was 8. So I have to be really creative about the college part.

I read Twilight because a girl I knew recommended it, and after I had finished it she asked me what I thought and I said "it's pretty misogynistic in places" and she said "what's misogynistic mean" and thankfully I got fired soon after and have never seen her again.

I've never read the books, but I have watched all the films. Which are... not as bad as I expected. Some original thoughts... All the teen angst pretty much sucks though.

Geido

wow...your expectations must've been really low

I know it's really hip to hate on Twilight, but overall I found the films pretty enjoyable. Most of the action is pretty cool (The giant werewolves are neat!) and the big battle at the end of the fourth movie was epic.

Too bad they took the easy way out of that one

They're not good, but not the worst things to ever hit the silver screen either.

And while we're on the subject of teen movies, I really don't understand the praise The Hunger Games are getting. The first one was okay at best, but the most recent one really sucked.

wow...your expectations must've been really low

I thought the first book was okay, never read the rests though. As for the the films, I would say the 1st one was merely alright until the third act which it turned into complete shit. I was forced to watch the 2nd as my cousin nagging me to watch it with her and her brother (poor him) and that was fucking horrible. Again, never watch the rests.

soepje

Only saw the first Twilight movie, barely made it through. Although, that moment where he goes into the sun to show off how shiny he was was awesome. We fell into a solid 5 minute laughing fit.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
And while we're on the subject of teen movies, I really don't understand the praise The Hunger Games are getting. The first one was okay at best, but the most recent one really sucked.

If it wasn't Hunger Games it'd be some other crappy novel. Mystery solved.

scooby-doo.jpg

Chuckie

I know it's really hip to hate on Twilight, but overall I found the films pretty enjoyable. Most of the action is pretty cool (The giant werewolves are neat!)

It's not about being hip....they truly are trash. They are the authors wet dream, and it shows through all the movies. Bella is her in a fantasy world.

the big battle at the end of the fourth movie was epic.

The only part I thought was pretty good. And like you said...they fucking ruin it.

Rather boring movies in my opinion. Still a lot better than twilight though ;)

Necrovex

Got my needed tax info. So it's time to finally work on it, i.e. give it to my father who has his CPA. First time having to gather all of these W-2 forms, and finding out today one organization wouldn't send me one due to me making less than $600!

Geido

It's not about being hip....they truly are trash. They are the authors wet dream, and it shows through all the movies. Bella is her in a fantasy world.

The only part I thought was pretty good. And like you said...they fucking ruin it.

Rather boring movies in my opinion. Still a lot better than twilight though ;)

I really don't want to be the Twilight Defense Force here, so let's just leave it at that. ;)

I know it's really hip to hate on Twilight, but overall I found the films pretty enjoyable. Most of the action is pretty cool (The giant werewolves are neat!) and the big battle at the end of the fourth movie was epic.

They're not good, but not the worst things to ever hit the silver screen either.

Wait you liked Twilight but not THG????

I found them both enjoyable to watch, but I don't really know why one is universally hated and the other is in the top 50 Sci-fi movies on IMDB.

I can respect that. I think a lot of people that hate the movies haven't actually seen them.

Read the books and you'll understand why.

Also Catching Fire was god tier.

Catching up on this thread is amazing, that page 52-3 was hilariously terrifying enlightening.

Also you got some good stiff there BlueBadger. Listened to the Kiss Me cover, really nice.

So jealous Smiley, can't wait until I can get something published. I hope I can at least get my name on a paper from my summer research. Maybe be a 9th author lol

Wazzy, Smiley, and Windam you guys need help,
*sigh* Canadians :p
. Gafaholics Anonymous is a good source I hear :p

I need to watch catching fire, the first one was nice, a bit short but nice.

edit: I hate being on top of a new page and hey I am finally a member woo-hoo!

ronito

Flying out to NYC in a few hours.
You know, I travel quite a bit for work and I am fairly used to it. And its never easy to leave the wife and kids. But honestly, the farther I go away from home the harder it is.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Still snowing outside, 75 cm is the most recent amount. And it is heavy as hell, my arms are burning, but looks like there will be 3rd date with my shovel in several hours.

AcridMeat

Banned
IT'S RAINING! IT'S FINALLY FUCKING RAINING! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

My oldest niece started reading the Hunger Game series and my sister was talking to me about it. I already knew it was essentially Battle Royale, but talking more in depth about it, some stuff seems to be just straight lifted haha.

And man this thread...by March we're going to have developed our own language or something.

gugi40

Also no joke, Gugi just left her account logged in at work and I start posting in another thread thinking it was me :lol

This is what happens when friends are on GAF AND you work with them.

Because she's amazing?

Wait............you didn't tell me!?

AcridMeat

Banned
Being from Vancouver, this reaction surprises me. We get rain almost every day.
I have family in Portland, I understand that spectrum too. But it hasn't rained here in California in months.

edit:

Oh and reading all the "oh god I have a problem" posts from a few pages ago, then seeing "Wazzy" as most recent post.

You poor thing.

Wazzy

Banned
I have family in Portland, I understand that spectrum too. But it hasn't rained here in California in months.

edit:

Oh and reading all the "oh god I have a problem" posts from a few pages ago, then seeing "Wazzy" as most recent post.

You poor thing.
:lol

I don't have a problem. I can quit whenever I want.

I'm at work which is the only reason I'm awake and posting
Smiley you need to get off the computer

Wait, Smiley's posted recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom