• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I've been meaning to watch that.

Ooh been meaning to watch.

Do eeet.

It's quite probably the best sci-show in ages. It may not be as gripping as BSG in the sense that it doesn't start with humanity being glassed by a bunch of killer robots, but it's very well written, competently acted and finely filmed. Even props and uniforms look great and original, unlike BSG (which used fucking Beretta carbines, FFS).

Production values are almost movie high and the world building is INSANE. I've never quite seen something like that. The main protagonist carries a futuristic smartphone with a cracked display just like any common rub would do, gesture-based sharing is everywhere, medicine is much more advanced yet somewhat convincing, and the space stuff is just on another level. Railguns are only used for close combat battles, engines are actually used to decrease speed and there's like a five minute sequence in the first episode devoted to a huge ship just turning around.

Plus, you get to see Thomas Jane sporting the silliest hairdo ever known to sci-fi.

7YtXycm.gif

Chuckie

Do eeet.

It's quite probably the best sci-show in ages. It may not be as gripping as BSG in the sense that it doesn't start with humanity being glassed by a bunch of killer robots, but it's very well written, competently acted and finely filmed. Even props and uniforms look great and original, unlike BSG (which used fucking Beretta carbines, FFS).

Production values are almost movie high and the world building is INSANE. I've never quite seen something like that. The main protagonist carries a futuristic smartphone with a cracked display just like any common rub would do, gesture-based sharing is everywhere, medicine is much more advanced yet somewhat convincing, and the space stuff is just on another level. Railguns are only used for close combat battles, engines are actually used to decrease speed and there's like a five minute sequence in the first episode devoted to a huge ship just turning around.

Plus, you get to see Thomas Jane sporting the silliest hairdo ever known to sci-fi.

7YtXycm.gif

Sold!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Also, this is my first post here. Hello, people-who-are-not-at-RealGAF.
Welcome. Not many people have listened to me advertise this place. New friends always welcome
Got a resounding and immediate "I will break up with you" when I told her I'm cutting my hair like that just now.

RIP. Though I have no idea what your hair looks like atm. Your avatar is oldish from memory

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I think he mouthed off pretty badly at a certain thread. Well, nothing I haven't done before, so I guess it is just a temp.

I expect him to return drunker and classier than ever.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I watched it. You were right. It is awesome.

Episode 4 spoiler:
Dayum...when that dude's head got blown off :O

Highlight of the show so far. I tried to jif it, but the sequence is too long and works better with sound. The muffled "thud" of the
railgun hitting the ship
is a thing of beauty.

Also, I'm HANGRY. Somebody feed me.

Chuckie

Highlight of the show so far. I tried to jif it, but the sequence is too long and works better with sound. The muffled "thud" of the
railgun hitting the ship
is a thing of beauty.

It is! As is
the blood... first being sucked out of the hole...then in zero-gravity... and then finally splashing on the headless corpse

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
You guys watch way too much tv

True.

But I basically just hobbie-binge. I may watch nothing but tv shows for three months in my spare time, then the next three months start chewing into my huge ass book backlog etc.

This is my current TV backlog as indexed by my media server:

78Jy280.png

Lots of trash, I know. I'm sure Jake would scold me if he were here.

True.

But I basically just hobbie-binge. I may watch nothing but tv shows for three months in my spare time, then the next three months start chewing into my huge ass book backlog etc.

78Jy280.png

I take it you've already watched The Wire

The_Poet

Banned
True.

toomuchtv.png

I feel like I wouldn't be able to remember what happened in any of those series and they would all turn into one homogeneous blob of "Well producedand acted but not outstanding-drama involving gif-able tumblr-darling actors with interesting premises that never fulfil their potential netflix binge bait"

Linius

Nah mate, FakeGAF came from RPJ. RPJ happened, Tence drew a load of people's avatar's then Fake Pic Feb happened.

Lrn2history

I know, I was there. I should have used different words. But in the end this place rose from RPJ's ashes. So how come I see so little faces in here, we can't spit on history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom