• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Buzzkill :(
Maybe I will find it funny tho, its anything like Okabe and Kurisu from Steins; Gate antics? (If you know anything about it)

Shame to know its guilty pleasure at best.

I dunno, I'm sure someone out there will enjoy this. It's not really poorly made. It's just seriously not for me, so I'm not going to waste anymore time on it. This season is too packed to be hatewatching stuff. Lol.

Jex

I dunno, I'm sure someone out there will enjoy this. It's not really poorly made. It's just seriously not for me, so I'm not going to waste anymore time on it. This season is too packed to be hatewatching stuff. Lol.

You say that now...

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Dub or Sub?

I've watched it both ways, and I think each version has some very strong positives and few negatives... You really can't go wrong with either, I would give the dub the nod here, as I think the effort put into getting actors with appropriate accents really lends itself to the setting of the show, and the few shaky voices aren't enough to outweigh the otherwise good voicework.

Me. I know. Because why else would they be telling such a long and drawn out story?

Long running doesn't necessarily imply drawn out. Remember, this is a series about going into space with hints of an even greater plot that may or may not involve aliens. That shit takes time.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm in the minority, but I thought that some of the Chicago mobster accents in the Baccano! dub were one step above Joey Wheeler and I personally recommend the JP dub instead. The English dub isn't bad, though.

Jex

I'm in the minority, but I thought that some of the Chicago mobster accents in the Baccano! dub were one step above Joey Wheeler and I personally recommend the JP dub instead. The English dub isn't bad, though.

I've never watched it in the dub but I feel like it only takes a single bad actor to break immersion for me, which is why I steel clear of such ventures.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'll be the one to bring the bad news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaRmIOOKLE0

This is the real OP for the KyoAni Crazy Girl anime. I'm sorry guys. It's really disappointing. In terms of concept and composition, this is one of the worst OPs KyoAni has ever done. Which... seems in line with the vibe for the show itself so far. :/

Stupid, uninspired, lazy, bland. >_<
Thirty seconds in and I'm already getting seizures.

This is not just lazy. It's a health hazard.

This is the real OP for the KyoAni Crazy Girl anime. I'm sorry guys. It's really disappointing. In terms of concept and composition, this is one of the worst OPs KyoAni has ever done. Which... seems in line with the vibe for the show itself so far. :/

HUm ..very average

they kept all their money for the animation during the episodes, right ?

RIGHT ?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I really dislike these disorienting OPs... I can understand the intentions behind them, but the simple unpleasantness of watching them does far more harm, I imagine. OPs like Nichijou and Baccano also feature fast cuts, but they're linked in a manner that makes them easy to follow, they have the appearance of smooth transitions as opposed to jerkiness.
I disagree with the Nichijou comparison. The edits there are nowhere nearly as fast. You can actually follow the action because the flow of the camera follows one single path during most of the jumps.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I wouldn't call it average. Average OP's don't make people feel physically sick.
The last time I felt this nauseous watching something was during episode 3 of Bakemonogatari with the pain-inducing quick camera cuts during the sex talk between Senjougahara and Ararararararararararagi.

Articalys

Only two anime games on this week's Media Create list:

01./00. [PSP] SD Gundam G Generation: Overworld <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.27} (¥6.280) - 209.815 / NEW
07./00. [PSP] Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate Portable # <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) {2012.09.27} (¥6.279) - 16.743 / NEW

Jarmel

Banned
So the Madoka tickets for Sunday sold out under an hour.

Can we get EVA 3.0 in the States during the first month please?

So the Madoka tickets for Sunday sold out under an hour.

Can we get EVA 3.0 in the States during the first month please?

Wouldnt Funi want to dub that and show it (did they do that with FMA Star of Milos?).

For movies, JPN should consider trying to simuldub and release like the games industry tries to do for anime games and some JRPGs.

OceanBlue

Wouldnt Funi want to dub that and show it (did they do that with FMA Star of Milos?).

For movies, JPN should consider trying to simuldub and release like the games industry tries to do for anime games and some JRPGs.
I wonder if the difference in scale between the anime and the gaming industries in the US would make one more feasible than the other.

Articalys

I don't know if anyone else already said this, but reading over CR's announcement for Magi, it seems to imply that it'll be free for everyone immediately upon streaming, since it reads "Magi: the Labyrinth of Magic will broadcast every Wednesday starting on October 10, at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time for both premium and free members!" without the usual "one week later" notice for free members. Maybe it has something to do with the AOD simulcast being free?

Of course, I could be reading too much into it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
School Days 2

snxMW.jpg

MUCHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

MC goes after the most boring girl in the universe while he friendzones the better alternative. Gee that sure is original. While we're on the originality boat they watch a film that is remarkably similar to their situation. Oh boy, this couldn't possibly be a bit of foreshadowing.

On a positive note at least they didn't drag the storyline over to episode 3 and wrapped it all up at the end.

Sword Art Online 11

That wasn't bad. I guess.

Kinda dropping the whole MMO part kinda made it more enjoyable so I guess they shouldn't bother with their subpar action anymore.

DiGiKerot

I don't get this new Hayate the Combat Butler show at all.

There's nothing there for anyone who isn't already a fan of the franchise. For those who are, this isn't a particularly funny take on it - most of the gags are thinly spread, incredibly laboured and come across really flat, but they don't really provide enough of anything else to counterbalance the lack of humour. Honestly, it bored me - and I like Hayate as a franchise!

They try a few cute things structurally that may or may not prove interesting by the shows conclusion, but I'm not really sure I'm going to have the patience to see how it pans out.

Branduil

Either is fine. Baccano is one of the few anime that I would say actually benefits from an English dub, as it fits the American setting and isn't bad acting-wise.

I've watched it both ways, and I think each version has some very strong positives and few negatives... You really can't go wrong with either, I would give the dub the nod here, as I think the effort put into getting actors with appropriate accents really lends itself to the setting of the show, and the few shaky voices aren't enough to outweigh the otherwise good voicework.

Yeah, I love the Baccano! dub. Heavy Brooklyn accents and cheesy '30s pulp dialogue just feels so right for the show.

I've never watched it in the dub but I feel like it only takes a single bad actor to break immersion for me, which is why I steel clear of such ventures.

I don't think most of them were bad, but you can judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNoITwTJiEM

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Guess they really hit a bum note.

ibzQlVgu9mD92H.gif

HA HA HA. Thank you. I'll be here all night.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Gee that sure is original. While we're on the originality boat they watch a film that is remarkably similar to their situation. Oh boy, this couldn't possibly be a bit of foreshadowing.

On a positive note at least they didn't drag the storyline over to episode 3 and wrapped it all up at the end.
Ahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Articalys

I'm not really following the thread that closely so I have no idea how discussion on Baccano! started, but I'd like to chime in a vote for the dub as well. Fits the scenario and atmosphere perfectly.

School Days 2

MC goes after the most boring girl in the universe while he friendzones the better alternative. Gee that sure is original. While we're on the originality boat they watch a film that is remarkably similar to their situation. Oh boy, this couldn't possibly be a bit of foreshadowing.

You're doing this way too slowly. :( Please for your and our enjoyment don't read anything in this thread until you've finished it.

Kazzy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_FfIGcsMF4

A new trailer for Medaka Box Abnormal has been posted.

Looks awesome. Can't wait for it to start next week.

I will probably watch this. I've been reading the manga lately, and I'm been enjoying it. My disenchantment with Bleach left me, for better or worse, with a void to fill. And this serves to scratch a (somewhat) similar itch.

In relation to the manga, what was the first series like?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
School Days 2

Keep going!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom