• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

They don't of course, but they do seem to have high standard requirements for what they want. Similar to Brains Base. Like you pointed out the last time, it's interesting how we can see what is important to a studio, even if they don't actually do the specific thing themselves.

Speaking of Brains Base, do you know if Studio Pablo is doing the background art for My Little Monster?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Like Accel World?

LOL. No. I was thinking of Pandora Hearts.

A more general statement you could have made was that the art and setting are unappealing factors for your interest and leave it be. I see your point being misunderstood because of things you've said earlier. Not everyone is a fan of Umakoshi art for example.

I could've made it more general. I just thought I would do yall a service and be more descriptive of why Magi doesn't appeal to me. I didn't think I would get blasted in the face with a jerk comment from wonzo.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ginga e Kickoff! 19

Aoto-kun is the worst Gary Stu ever. Fuck Aoto-kun. Is there a rule against dogs being part of a football team? Because the dog would do better against Aoto-kun than these morons.

Also lol @ the hints of NTR developing between the coach's girlfriend and the Furuya kids' dad.

Branduil

It's not just the setting though. I made it clear a while back that I don't like the visual aesthetics of Magi. It doesn't suit my tastes for whatever reason. When I look at it I just think... "Ugh." Then I watch some animes that have certain style/aesthetic and I go bonkers for it.

Why don't you like them?

Branduil

Honestly. I don't know. When I look at it, I just go "Ugh." Same for Aladdin. I just... don't like it for some reaosn.

Well it would help if you could narrow it down to what specifically you don't like. Otherwise people are just going to be mystified by your views.

wonzo

Banned
The aesthetic and presentation is a big aspect of the narrative for me. If there is part that I strongly dislike, even if it is good, I will most likely not give it any time. What I don't understand is that, there are people other than myself who don't do things because it doesn't appeal to them in some way shape or form because their values are different. What I'm upset about is how wonzo thinks i'm trolling and calling me reasons laughable when they can be perfectly valid.
It's perfectly fine to not like something for aesthetic reasons. It's not fine when you falsely make a claim about a series to outright dismiss it, which is trolling.

kayos90

It's perfectly fine to not like something for aesthetic reasons, but it isn't when you falsely make a claim about a series to outright dismiss it, which is trolling.

Dude. Back off. You're trolling me and continuing the argument for the sake of arguing and being an ass. Lay off.

Well it would help if you could narrow it down to what specifically you don't like. Otherwise people are just going to be mystified by your views.

I guess one thing is, I don't like the character outfits.

Show me on the doll where the minaret touched you.

I'm confused...

kayos90

Which part of the outfits don't you like?

I can't tell if you're trolling me or if you're genuinely curious... Sorry.

Anyway, I don't like arabian style clothing. That I can't go any further. I just think it looks... weird. And it doesn't suit my taste.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Best Student Council - 18

L5rKz.png
c28RN.png

This is how stealth bragging came to be.

With all the crap I've been putting up with, this episode was actually entertaining.

What makes this so bad is that the episode was focused on the teachers rather than the student council itself.

Branduil

I can't tell if you're trolling me or if you're genuinely curious... Sorry.

Anyway, I don't like arabian style clothing. That I can't go any further. I just think it looks... weird. And it doesn't suit my taste.

While I can understand that, I can't understand not watching a show just because you don't like the outfits, unless you were traumatized in Arabia or something.

Geneijin

It's perfectly fine to not like something for aesthetic reasons. It's not fine when you falsely make a claim about a series to outright dismiss it, which is trolling.
If kayos90 is "trolling," he's trolling himself then. Reasons were given why there's a lack of appeal for him he openly admitted. If you think he's being ignorant, correct that as others have been attempting to do. But what trolling is being done to whom here exactly?

kayos90

While I can understand that, I can't understand not watching a show just because you don't like the outfits, unless you were traumatized in Arabia or something.

It's not just the clothes. I just gave one reason. Anyway, I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'm not gonna give wonzo more ammo.

duckroll

It's not just the clothes. I just gave one reason. Anyway, I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'm not gonna give wonzo more ammo.

Why would it be giving wonzo "more ammo" if what you're revealing doesn't show a negative side of your character? Unless you think it does...? :)

kayos90

Why would it be giving wonzo "more ammo" if what you're revealing doesn't show a negative side of your character? Unless you think it does...? :)

I just don't want to say anything and he'll give me more crap about it. That's all.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ginga e Kickoff 20

Well, this was pretty sakuga. I suggest you watch this episode if you have a mild interest in how a football match can actually look great in animation.

Articalys

Given the current topic of discussion, I might as well share this, the result of what might be the most lopsided exhibition match in ISML this year:

k0vyn.png

duckroll

Zetsuen no Tempest has some really nice character art. I love the color tones and the line work in the designs. It starts on Crunchyroll in 10 hours! Get hyped! DTL can probably make wallpapers out of some of these too! <3

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

duckroll

Just keep in mind that the manga is pretty bad, so if Zetsuen turns out as great as it looks, huge credit goes to the director. Ando's sense of scene composition and motion is really, really great. :)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ginga e Kickoff 21

Erika is a pecho frío. Even Reika-chan shows more balls.

Kota-kun *bows*
Just keep in mind that the manga is pretty bad, so if Zetsuen turns out as great as it looks, huge credit goes to the director. Ando's sense of scene composition and motion is really, really great. :)
dammit duckroll I knew I should not have trusted your hype

Branduil

Why do you think Ando decided to do the show if the source material is so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom