• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boys on the Run

I'd link some pics from the first chapter but they're not safe for humanity.

e:

MFxOU.png

there are plenty of anime with more obscene stuff than that

I only watch decent stuff. :/

duckroll

dammit duckroll I knew I should not have trusted your hype

Dude, I cannot be blamed if you don't read the fine print. It's in the OP! :p

Why do you think Ando decided to do the show if the source material is so bad?

I'm not sure. Maybe he was interested in the offer because of the premise? Maybe he liked the idea of the material even if the execution in the manga is left wanting? If I ever read an interview where he talks about why he decided to adapt it, I'll let you know, but honestly, bad material didn't stop Ando before. See: Canaan. (._.)

Let's just hope this is better than that. :(

duckroll

Btw, I hear that Toriko will be ending in March next year, to make way on the time slot for the return of Dragonball Z Kai. It seems they're going to do the Majin Buu arc with Kai starting in April, as a push to promote the new Dragonball Z movie out early next year.

cajunator

Banned
Tonight at work is a goddamned clusterfuck.
Chuunibyo better be worth the wait. I need some serious fucking CUTE and I need it immediately.

duckroll

The writers of K have been officially revealed. These are the authors who make up the writing team GoRA:

4woH0.png

Mamizu Arisawa (Inukami!)
Furuhashi Hideyuki (Black Rod)
Azano Kouhei (Black Blood Brothers)
Kabei Yukako (Kieli)
Rei Rairaku (Kanashimi Chimera)
Suzu Suzuki (Kyuketsuki no Oshigoto)
Takahashi Yashichirou (Shakugan no Shana)

Light Novel crap overdose. Gonna be shit, confirmed.

Kazzy

Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! - Episode 1

CmshM.jpg

Look upon the face of evil

I'm pleasantly surprised, what with all the negativity surrounding the OP, and the duckroll hype train being used for evil. With that prevailing sense of hate, it's hard not to go into this, wanting to write it off completely.

I had similar preconceptions based solely on the character design of Rikka, for obvious reasons. But its played (relatively) straight, and what I perceived as something that was going to become overbearing (her weird tenancies and foibles), is actually interesting in isolation. Yes, it's the first episode, so I'm going to try and refrain from making any sweeping statements just yet. So as long as certain aspects are used well, It could prove to be an entertaining show. But it'd be foolish not to retain some feeling of trepidation before I've seen more of what it has to offer.

It probably helps that Yuuta is continually trying to beat the weirdness out of Rikka too! It's difficult to dislike the victim after all.

Like I said, it can still go sour very quickly. For the time-being though, I can at least say that It's enjoyable.

wonzo

Banned
Litchi DE Hikari Club 1

this was really, really bad. needs more
pipe rape or toilet disemboweling

The writers of K have been officially revealed. These are the authors who make up the writing team GoRA:

4woH0.png

Mamizu Arisawa (Inukami!)
Furuhashi Hideyuki (Black Rod)
Azano Kouhei (Black Blood Brothers)
Kabei Yukako (Kieli)
Rei Rairaku (Kanashimi Chimera)
Suzu Suzuki (Kyuketsuki no Oshigoto)
Takahashi Yashichirou (Shakugan no Shana)

Light Novel crap overdose. Gonna be shit, confirmed.
Sounds like the ultimate combination in terrible writing.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Chuunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite episode 2 is now live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQDXDJ8hDho

Yeah, she's just in search of attention. It's cute in its own way. XD Her friend is adorable though. :3

Given the current topic of discussion, I might as well share this, the result of what might be the most lopsided exhibition match in ISML this year:

k0vyn.png

Nicely done, Chitanda!

Zetsuen no Tempest has some really nice character art. I love the color tones and the line work in the designs. It starts on Crunchyroll in 10 hours! Get hyped! DTL can probably make wallpapers out of some of these too! <3

Wow, that is quite stunning! :O

Kazzy

The definition of the whole chuunibyou stuff does confuse me, though. The intro mentions some pretentious behavior but that's at odds with what we see displayed here, which is more akin to live roleplaying. I guess the correlation between the two is the desire to be something else, or to pretend to be the other rather than one's self, and the refusal to acknowledge the irrationality of it.

I took it as a tendency to not abandon your attachment to your earlier flights of fancy. It mentions as much in the opening narration, a greater awareness of the world around you generally occurs as as become more mature. Here, it is instead used to indulge those childish imaginings further.

Basically, a refusal to grow up, or at least, towards that notion of conformity.

OceanBlue

Well I liked the Inukami anime.

Haha, I did too, but I'm not sure if what I remember of Inukami makes me feel better about the lineup.

Well, I'll still try K with relatively neutral expectations because I haven't really been paying too much attention to it anyway.

Btw, I hear that Toriko will be ending in March next year, to make way on the time slot for the return of Dragonball Z Kai. It seems they're going to do the Majin Buu arc with Kai starting in April, as a push to promote the new Dragonball Z movie out early next year.
Awful move for Toei, Toriko was getting so good, even if weve kept the dame op for 73 episodes...how do they expect to make toriko as big as their three big Manga if they remove its anime...

cajunator

Banned
Best Student Council - 19

tumblr_m85gpat2BZ1rcftipo1_250.gif

I'm going to bed.

I just remembered I actually bought this series and never even opened the box yet.
I kind of just want to go to some secluded place with a TV and my animu and just watch hundreds of hours of stuff with no distractions.

B-But the girl with the hime cut is so cute. :( waifu material even

Yes, hime cuts are perfection. Probably my favorite hairstyle.

Litchi DE Hikari Club 1

this was really, really bad. needs more
pipe rape or toilet disemboweling

Sounds like the ultimate combination in terrible writing.

I remember that from the manga bits I read. That was pretty disturbing.

Anyway, time to see if Chuunibyo delivers the goods!

Zaptruder

Banned
Jeez. This thread moves so fast :p I had expected a few posts after the comment I made about Accel World.

I had to dig back 3-4 pages (50ppt 4eva!) to pick up from where I left off!

Feels more like an elaborate IRC chatroom tbh.

duckroll

That's why we're in Community. Also, this isn't an elaborate IRC chatroom, it's a tiny scale IRC chatroom. We actually have a real IRC chatroom to limit the true potential of the thread so it doesn't move as fast. Lol. :(

OceanBlue

Jeez. This thread moves so fast :p I had expected a few posts after the comment I made about Accel World.

I had to dig back 3-4 pages (50ppt 4eva!) to pick up from where I left off!

Just imagine what the thread will be like next week when the amount of new shows starts picking up!

duckroll

Just imagine what the thread will be like next week when the amount of new shows starts picking up!

I think most shows are starting this week. Next week does have a few big ones though, like both noitaminA shows, and some smaller ones like Girls und Panzer and Medaka Abnormal. I think by the end of this week it'll be quite explosive.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's why we're in Community. Also, this isn't an elaborate IRC chatroom, it's a tiny scale IRC chatroom. We actually have a real IRC chatroom to limit the true potential of the thread so it doesn't move as fast. Lol. :(

And to keep you on your leash. ;)

OceanBlue

I think most shows are starting this week. Next week does have a few big ones though, like both noitaminA shows, and some smaller ones like Girls und Panzer and Medaka Abnormal. I think by the end of this week it'll be quite explosive.

Ah, yeah, you're right. There are a lot of shows starting this weekend...

Come to think of it, there are a couple of shows starting today that I'm interested in seeing.

duckroll

wonzo

Banned
Polar Bear Cafe 27

Wow, the new OP is fantastic and yet I kinda miss the old one too. :( Anyways, this episode was full of baseball sakuga
and lessons on coffee (shit is deep yo)
so it pretty much owned from beginning to end. Watch it!!

polarbear27b.jpg

oh and the new ed's pretty baller but i still like the last one the most of them all. penko-san~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom