• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't watched SAO 14 yet, but how are they going to justify
getting trapped in another game? You'd think people would be smart enough not to buy into another shitty VR death trap again. Maybe its a commentary on SAO fans.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wish they would make an anime version of the Newsroom, but about an anime director that is trying to save the industry by making an artistic good show instead of pandering to otaku.
Olivia Munn would be a 13 year old loli, right?

Nah. I only really keep up with a few LN series. Baccano is the main one I'm always following though.
Ah, fair enough. At least you're not reading Accel World as well I suppose! lol

Firemind

bbIrF.jpg

better than whining about how other people choose to consume their entertainment

Yes, you're not allowed to have fun.

That's exactly what I was trying to say.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
getting trapped in another game? You'd think people would be smart enough not to buy into another shitty VR death trap again. Maybe its a commentary on SAO fans.

It makes sense a bit. Trust me.

Olivia Munn would be a 13 year old loli, right?

Ah, fair enough. At least you're not reading Accel World as well I suppose! lol

Accel world gets good after where the show left off though.

Jarmel

Banned
Well hopefully Psycho-Pass should pacify me. Right now I'm contemplative as to why I'm an anime fan in the first place.

What pisses me off isn't so much the dumb writing but the fact that people will defend the garbage.

cajunator

Banned

Well, anime fans tend to get reeled in to watching awful shows only to fall for it again and again when new bad shows come along.
Its pretty much expected.

Joule

Chuunibyou 1:
xnkP1.jpg

Yuuta's family is cool.
That was fun. While I don't think I was ever a dark flame master in my youth, I can remember having some make believe games and such things as a kid though not to such extremes. I think the concept can be a fun coming of age story if that's the intent. The physical humor is kind of hit or miss but mostly amusing. Jun Fukuyama does a good job with Yuuta and Rikka is pretty cute herself. The train door opening was the best bit. And those roller shoes were such a thing, I wonder if they still are.

Production wise it's pretty competent KyoAni stuff but obviously a step down from Hyouka. Not that it's a mark against the show though. While I'm enjoying the show, I don't think it's anything really special but certainly good enough for me. It might evolve to be a better show as it goes but if it doesn't the status quo isn't bad either.

As many have said that OP flashing is pretty hard to look at. I tried it one eyed after reading one of Hosanna's posts and it does nothing! The ED is pretty boring too. The songs are alright though.

yami4ct

Gintama:8

I've been up and down up until this episode. Wow. Super fantastic. Every joke hit. So many good moments. From the
Shinsegumi show in a show
to the
constant "Gin's so lazy, he's going to lose this show"
jokes. By far, my favorite part was
that they didn't play the opening until Gin called them out on it half way through the show
. That's it, completely sold.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yes, you're not allowed to have fun.

That's exactly what I was trying to say.

Well, you certainly make it sound as if you'd be happier if people who aren't enjoying the show unironically simply stop discussing it. It's just that the accusation of "circlejerking" comes off as an attempt to delegitimize whatever enjoyment other people are having--it's one of those meaningless words like "overrated" that seek to rationalize a minority stance on just about anything by positioning the speaker as someone with sight among the blind.

This may or may not be what you intended to convey, but your previous statement just came off as resentful, is all.

OceanBlue

Chuunibyou 1:

That was fun. While I don't think I was ever a dark flame master in my youth, I can remember having some make believe games and such things as a kid though not to such extremes. I think the concept can be a fun coming of age story if that's the intent. The physical humor is kind of hit or miss but mostly amusing. Jun Fukuyama does a good job with Yuuta and Rikka is pretty cute herself. The train door opening was the best bit. And those roller shoes were such a thing, I wonder if they still are.

Production wise it's pretty competent KyoAni stuff but obviously a step down from Hyouka. Not that it's a mark against the show though. While I'm enjoying the show, I don't think it's anything really special but certainly good enough for me. It might evolve to be a better show as it goes but if it doesn't the status quo isn't bad either.

As many have said that OP flashing is pretty hard to look at. I tried it one eyed after reading one of Hosanna's posts and it does nothing! The ED is pretty boring too. The songs are alright though.

I actually had an easier time watching the OP the second time around.

I pretty much agree with all of your post (my favorite scene is different though). Chuunibyou isn't really exceptional (It's exceptionally cute!), but it's definitely entertaining to watch. I hope it goes the coming of age route. Apparently I can't get enough of those!

Monsuno 1
tumblr_mbi2zcKeMH1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The anime has an interesting premise I guess, though it lacks the certain something ot make it really unique or compelling. I think the backgrounds stuff and everything with dr. Monsuno is interesting (hope he has even more sayings and passwords), and Chase is cool main character. Lock's design is not my favorite. Actually I dont think I like any of the Monsuno designs that much, unless the Eagle that was briefly highlighted in the creatures DNA that he was looking at becomes one.

JPN ED is good and catchy. Will probably keep following since I like the "Spin it out!"

cajunator

Banned
Oh my god. :lol

Koihime Musou - 01

Dynasty Warriors, all girls, and yuri to boot? Sign me up!

Oh shit I forgot about Koihime Musou.
Ive even watched it lol.

By the way, don't try to dissuade Narag from watching anything. He will only take it as a challenge.
He's stubborn like that.

cajunator

Banned
I actually had an easier time watching the OP the second time around.

I pretty much agree with all of your post (my favorite scene is different though). Chuunibyou isn't really exceptional (It's exceptionally cute!), but it's definitely entertaining to watch. I hope it goes the coming of age route. Apparently I can't get enough of those!

Chuunibyo is the designated :cajun show of the season.
Its so ridiculously cute.
Kyoani knows exactly what its doing and will rake in sales from this show.

sleepykyo

I Want To Fuck My Brother 1

It's the sequel to Don't Fuck Your Sister! Or something. I dunno.

2XfbNl.jpg

You've got a girl who wants to have sex with her brother. There's no secret twist or subtext or anything. This is just if Koi Kaze was turned into a shitty harem comedy.

vUw1fl.jpg

But hey, the brother is self-aware and knows that this is stupid, so it's okay!

uVNUIl.jpg

And just because it's the season of the eyepatch, why not!

L6PCol.jpg

An Ana(ru) joke. I guess it's about time for one of those. :p

Ahhh, anime. I love you because you hurt me so much.

Bueno.

What hurts even more is that those dumb fucks could have made Mayo Chiki S2 instead.

;_;

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sword Art Online 13 + 14
I was a little behind but I caught up. Well worth it for the laughs.

sleepykyo

The show you are talking about is Oniai right?

I dunno even know anymore. I'm behind on Tari Tari (just not particularly compelling) and watching Total Eclipse, Sword Art Online and Kokoro Connect so I'm deriving more joy from the posts in this thread than any of the titles I'm currently following. No wait, Horizon is kind of fun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne Episode 01

Better than SAO 14
Yup.
Ayup!

You could transcend and develop it into #apatheticwatch like I have.
I was in that state previous to 14. It was just boring shit. Then 14 reminded me that it was S-tier shit.

---

Eureka 20-22

Ro1lfl.jpg

QbS9Bl.jpg

Me neither Ao. Me neither. I must congratulate Japan. They managed to make something that even Lindelof couldn't come up with if he had a thousand years.

I guess this is supposed to lead into a movie or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom