• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hello, AnimeGaf. I jumped into the K-on! thread and was pointed to come into here. I've been looking around NeoGAF for a long time for a place to fit in, and I hope this is the place.

Always room for more here!

did you watch it uncensored? does that exist yet
I have this weird urge to see that...
I think theres something wrong with me

I've seen some shit, and Blood-C uncensored still made me fairly uncomfortable. Just save yourself having to ask "why the fuck did I do that?" when it's all over.

Uchip

Banned
Man, the
Death of the awful twins. All four of those deaths.
. The gore made it oh so satisfying. Best part of the whole show.

4? oh right
they had a body double that they threw in there to trick saya, whos apparently a complete moron
what a twist

yami4ct

Welcome! Be sure to watch these AnimeGAF approved Classcis:
Glass Fleet
Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito
Garzey's Wing (dubbed)
School Days
Blood-C

I'm sure I'm missing some. Help me out here guys!

Blood-C is a challenge I think all new Anime-Gafers should have to undergo. I feel like a better person now.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Glass Fleet
Garzey's Wing (dubbed)
School Days
Blood-C

Grounds for attempted murder right here...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Glass Fleet
Garzey's Wing (dubbed)
School Days
Blood-C

Don't we have a mandatory waiting period on hazing now?

yami4ct

4? oh right
they had a body double that they threw in there to trick saya, whos apparently a complete moron
what a twist

Yeah, seeing the worst two characters in anime history
die twice
was one of the most cathartic moments I've had.

Black Cat, Mad Bull34, Sukeban Deka

Is it really that bad? I almost checked that out on my own a while back. Guess I dodged a bullet.

OceanBlue

Korosenai

Hello, AnimeGaf. I jumped into the K-on! thread and was pointed to come into here. I've been looking around NeoGAF for a long time for a place to fit in, and I hope this is the place.
I'm also new to AnimeGaf.

Currently watching Death Note and One Piece (ongoing, though I am caught up to the latest episode).

I will definitely be checking this thread out more and looking at everyone's suggestions. It will be a good way to pass time until Halo 4 comes out.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, seeing the worst two characters in anime history
die twice
was one of the most cathartic moments I've had.

Is it really that bad? I almost checked that out on my own a while back. Guess I dodged a bullet.

I meant black lion sorry.
I have cats on the brain a lot.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Shinsekai yori 2

I was scared for a second that the little rat thing
was gonna die :(

This show is a pleasure to watch. The viewers are in a constant state of tension, while the characters don't seem to care about how fucked up everything clearly is in this "new world" (as the
"We forgot about our friend and didn't even notice the asshole disappearing"
line exemplifies). It's an interesting mix.

Also, the ED is pretty cool.

Currently watching Death Note and One Piece (ongoing, though I am caught up to the latest episode).

I will definitely be checking this thread out more and looking at everyone's suggestions. It will be a good way to pass time until Halo 4 comes out.

If you need something for this current season to watch, I suggest "K" and Blast of Tempest (zetsuen no tempest), both really good anime with good visuals and action.

Instro

God... Sao hate comments are fucking annoying... you guys had... 14 chances to drop the show. You'll have another 11 chances... why the hell are you guys still watching if you either didn't read the novel or don't like it? Are you masochists or something like that?

I think it's a guilty pleasure for a lot of people at this point. Can't help but take some shots at it though.

That avatar with that post works so well. Welcome!

Oh we reeled in another one, welcome!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You guys pulled the Blood-C card on me after like only two days. Apparently the waiting period isn't all that long.

For a while we'd been trying not to push our eccentricities on newcomers until they're acclimated, but I guess that only lasted so long, heh. I'm probably one of the biggest proponents for the appreciation of "so bad it's good" anime here, but I'm committed to not giving out recommendations for shows on what we like to call THE LIST unless they're actively solicited.

yami4ct

I'm pushing for Blood-C to become the mandatory initiation because that's what I was forced through. I want to share this pain.

For a while we'd been trying not to push our eccentricities on newcomers until they're acclimated, but I guess that only lasted so long, heh. I'm probably one of the biggest proponents for the appreciation of "so bad it's good" anime here, but I'm committed to not giving out recommendations for shows on what we like to call THE LIST unless they're actively solicited.

Honestly, that's not a bad idea. I do think new people do need to see at least one thing off the list to be fully acclimated. I think it prepares them for the way this thread behaves. It did for me anyway.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Glass Fleet
Garzey's Wing (dubbed)
School Days
Blood-C

Please don't scare the newbies. Those are recommendations for after he feels comfortable here.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm pushing for Blood-C to become the mandatory initiation because that's what I was forced through. I want to share this pain.

Honestly, that's not a bad idea. I do think new people do need to see at least one thing off the list to be fully acclimated. I think it prepares them for the way this thread behaves. It did for me anyway.
You are gonna scare all the recruits.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nope. We get the last two episodes in Nov. No movie as of yet. At this point, I kind of want a movie. The only thing that could salvage this would be a giant fight between the 3 Nirvashes, a new typeTheEnd and a whole host of military IFOs.
Huh. I don't get it - what's with the delay? Did they always plan to do this and used the Olympics to push the show back a few episodes?

Something like that.
We are true bros.

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne -01

I'll be rooting for Silver.
But is anyone on team sister?

Lucas is old, but Shinbo presumably has several more decades!
Well, unless they need to make Madoka in 3d or something, he won't get the chance!
(I suppose the movie BDs will give them one more time to redo everything lol)

Enjoy your stay!

AutumnAve

There's a new Hidamari Sketch airing this season if you like cute girls doing cute things!

Also welcome!

It's fun. You'll love it here. Just sit back, relax, and don't take things too seriously. And, yeah, welcome!

Welcome to the Sword Art Online OT :D

Welcome!
What kind of shows do you like?

Thank you! I have a long and strange history with anime, before I even knew the word or that there was even a word to describe what I was enamored of. I think my history starts with Robotech in 1985 or 1986, even as a small child, the art, melodrama, and maturity of the plot and story hooked me. Syndication was so spotty back then I would scour through the TV guide front to back for any hint of Robotech in it. There was something about it, at the time I couldn't put a finger on it, but it was ANIME if I was flipping through channels and saw Battle of the Planets or whatever, my heart would skip, because I saw it, the style, the thing I was searching for.

It made me a lifelong fan. This season, last season, recently, it would be : K-On, A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun, Haruhi, Idolm@ster, Hyouka (still have to watch the finale), Strike Witches, Fate/Zero (HUGE Type-Moon fan), Accel World, Tora Dora probably a bunch I'm not remembering. EDIT: Ore No Imouto, too I have Bakemongatari and Amagami still to watch...What should I watch this season?

survivor

Banned
Thank you! I have a long and strange history with anime, before I even knew the word or that there was even a word to describe what I was enamored of. I think my history starts with Robotech in 1985 or 1986, even as a small child, the art, melodrama, and maturity of the plot and story hooked me. Syndication was so spotty back then I would scour through the TV guide front to back for any hint of Robotech in it. There was something about it, at the time I couldn't put a finger on it, but it was ANIME if I was flipping through channels and saw Battle of the Planets or whatever, my heart would skip, because I saw it, the style, the thing I was searching for.

It made me a lifelong fan. This season, last season, recently, it would be : K-On, A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun, Haruhi, Idolm@ster, Hyouka (still have to watch the finale), Strike Witches, Fate/Zero (HUGE Type-Moon fan), Accel World, Tora Dora probably a bunch I'm not remembering. EDIT: Ore No Imouto, too I have Bakemongatari and Amagami still to watch...What should I watch this season?

My Little Monster first episode was pretty good so it's worth a watch.

yami4ct

Huh. I don't get it - what's with the delay? Did they always plan to do this and used the Olympics to push the show back a few episodes?

They've never really said. It just sort of happened. Just more BS by the production staff.

You are gonna scare all the recruits.

Ok,Ok, Ok. I guess we should throw out some legitimate recommendations as well.

Some of my personal favorite shows:
Tiger & Bunny
Kids on the Slope
Cowboy Bebop (Required viewing for any anime fan)
Tsuritama
Space Brothers

Uchip

Banned

I dont see Madoka or Steins;Gate in there

yami4ct

I'm so sorry.

Please don't scare the newbies. Those are recommendations for after he feels comfortable here.

Tough love is the only way to feel comfortable here. I remember in my day we had to walk 15 miles in the snow, uphill both ways, just to get to 2000 posts. Now we cruise past 20000 on our fancy new smartphone dodads in a month!

Narag

Tough love is the only way to feel comfortable here. I remember in my day we had to walk 15 miles in the snow, uphill both ways, just to get to 2000 posts. Now we cruise past 20000 on our fancy new smartphone dodads in a month!

I hope I live to see OT4. The dream is within reach.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

If you can enjoy stuff like Garzey's Wing it's probably a sign that you'll gel with the AnimeGAF subculture, but if we're going to make new members suffer for our amusement at some point, I think that we at least owe it to them to provide legitimately good recommendations long before we're snickering about School Days and Arjuna around the uninitiated. At its heart, this place is still about good-natured, self-aware, critical discussion of anime and that's the face of AnimeGAF that I want newcomers to see first.

cajunator

Banned
Thank you! I have a long and strange history with anime, before I even knew the word or that there was even a word to describe what I was enamored of. I think my history starts with Robotech in 1985 or 1986, even as a small child, the art, melodrama, and maturity of the plot and story hooked me.

Had to agridge so I could reply on mobile >_
Anyway you could check out Jinrui, My little monster, From the New world, Space Brothers, tsuritama, and JoJo

sonicmj1

This season, last season, recently, it would be : K-On, A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun, Haruhi, Idolm@ster, Hyouka (still have to watch the finale), Strike Witches, Fate/Zero (HUGE Type-Moon fan), Accel World, Tora Dora probably a bunch I'm not remembering. EDIT: Ore No Imouto, too I have Bakemongatari and Amagami still to watch...What should I watch this season?

One show I think you're guaranteed to like this season is Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai, which is from the same studio as K-On, Haruhi, and Hyouka.

Besides that, even though it's a few seasons old, I'd recommend Working!! and its followup, which are good comedies about people working in a restaurant.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've only been gone for a while and you guys are praising SAO? What has become of this thread? What madness is this.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Breadth of tastes is something really nice too.

We are kind of a refuge for people who just can't seem to fit in anywhere else in the online anime community, though as people like cajun and Chet have proven, you can have totally orthodox interests and flourish perfectly here. Name any anime and you're almost certain to find someone here who enjoyed it, or has at least seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom