• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
Im pretty sure there are more edits in a single shaft animu dvd than all star wars revisions across all versions combined

Korosenai

So I recently started watching death note, and I'm really digging the whole cat and mouse/mystery storyline.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any shows like death note?

yami4ct

Eureka 20-22

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/Ro1lfl.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]http://i.imgur.com/QbS9Bl.jpg[/IMG]

Me neither Ao. Me neither. I must congratulate Japan. They managed to make something that even Lindelof couldn't come up with if he had a thousand years.

I guess this is supposed to lead into a movie or something?

Nope. We get the last two episodes in Nov. No movie as of yet. At this point, I kind of want a movie. The only thing that could salvage this would be a giant fight between the 3 Nirvashes, a new typeTheEnd and a whole host of military IFOs.

Uchip

Banned
Nope. We get the last two episodes in Nov. No movie as of yet. At this point, I kind of want a movie. The only thing that could salvage this would be a giant fight between the 3 Nirvashes, a new typeTheEnd and a whole host of military IFOs.

The movie would possibly be worse than the other Eureka 7 movie
which is quite a feat

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Star Wars. With every new format, he'll add something new to it. lol

Lucas is old, but Shinbo presumably has several more decades!

Im pretty sure there are more edits in a single shaft animu dvd than all star wars revisions across all versions combined

Koyomi was ripped = anime's Han shot first?

So I recently started watching death note, and I'm really digging the whole cat and mouse/mystery storyline.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any shows like death note?

I think the traditional Death Note-alike recommendations are Code Geass and Mirai Nikki.

Maedhros

God... Sao hate comments are fucking annoying... you guys had... 14 chances to drop the show. You'll have another 11 chances... why the hell are you guys still watching if you either didn't read the novel or don't like it? Are you masochists or something like that?

Narag

God... Sao hate comments are fucking annoying... you guys had... 14 chances to drop the show. You'll have another 11 chances... why the hell are you guys still watching if you either didn't read the novel or don't like it? Are you masochists or something like that?

Something like that.

Uchip

Banned

its like looking away from a horrible plane crash
you cant look away
same deal with AO

Joule

I actually had an easier time watching the OP the second time around.

I pretty much agree with all of your post (my favorite scene is different though). Chuunibyou isn't really exceptional (It's exceptionally cute!), but it's definitely entertaining to watch. I hope it goes the coming of age route. Apparently I can't get enough of those!
Yeah on the second go it wasn't as bad. Maybe if they cut at a slower pace it'd be easier on the eyes (and it might look better too).

I can't really see it go any other route but if they're introducing 3 more (possibly crazy) girls, hopefully it doesn't get too unfocused or haremy.

So are we not allowed to think something is watchable and then complain when it hits rock bottom? Or are we only allowed to say positive things past a certain episode number?

yami4ct

I don't have a problem with SAO, but I can sort of talk about it as I'm doing a similar thing with E7AO. By about the 2/3 point, the part when I really started hating it, I felt like I was in too deep to stop now. I might hate it, but I still feel a twisted attachment to see what happens. In some weird way, I'm invested enough to care about how it goes.

Oh boy, I'd love to see someone watch Code Geass directly after Death Note. The two most unlikeable protagonists in history back to back.

Lelouch isn't unlikable, he's the best thing about the show. Akito shows how uninteresting a Lelouchless Code Geass is.

AutumnAve

Hello, AnimeGaf. I jumped into the K-on! thread and was pointed to come into here. I've been looking around NeoGAF for a long time for a place to fit in, and I hope this is the place.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hello, AnimeGaf. I jumped into the K-on! thread and was pointed to come into here. I've been looking around NeoGAF for a long time for a place to fit in, and I hope this is the place.
There's a new Hidamari Sketch airing this season if you like cute girls doing cute things!

Also welcome!

yami4ct

It's fun. You'll love it here. Just sit back, relax, and don't take things too seriously. And, yeah, welcome!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

Welcome to the Sword Art Online OT :D

cajunator

Banned

I kept up until 11.
Could bear no more.
Yui was cute though.

Soma

More like I gave the show 14 chances to not go off the deep end.

That's what I get for being hopeful I guess. I was on board with the show since the beginning and even when the show was at its lowest (the 'mystery' arc and the Yui arc for example) I stuck with it. But the latest episode was just downright bad and I guess all the little stupid details just kept piling up. I just decided to bail out now especially since there's another entire arc coming up. For what it's worth I hope the second half of the show is at least entertaining for those still sticking with it.

Maedhros

I don't have a problem with SAO, but I can sort it as I'm doing a similar thing with E7AO. By about the 2/3 point, the part when I really started hating it, I felt like I was in too deep to stop now. I might hate it, but I still feel a twisted attachment to see what happens. In some weird way, I'm invested enough to care about how it goes.

Oh, that's ok. But you guys will not see me saying the same bad things about the shows I don't like everytime. Since I joined this thread, it's like reading the same thing every saturday.

I agree that this episode will be bullshit (I didn't watched it, but I've been saying this since last week). SAO doesn't have good writing at all, the author isn't that good. But I can still watch it every week without complaining and being entertained by it. Maybe it's because I've read the novels, so I have a better understanding of the setting.

It's like watching movies like The Expendables: you know it's bullshit, just shut off your brain and enjoy the ride. Most animes are like this, anyway. I could complain about every anime I've watched in my life.

SAO is low tier compared to the shit shows we put ourselves through.

Dead

well not really...yet
its like the twilight zone and demons are eating away at the engine
but nobody listens to you because you sound insane
at least Yoshida has been having fun putting up illustrations almost every week!

xQAV0.jpg

Uchip

Banned
You guys put me through Blood-C. I put myself through it in one night. SAO hasn't come close to that.

did you watch it uncensored? does that exist yet
I have this weird urge to see that...
I think theres something wrong with me

at least Yoshida has been having fun putting up illustrations almost every week!

this image alone is better than all of AO

yami4ct

did you watch it uncensored? does that exist yet
I have this weird urge to see that...
I think theres something wrong with me

Yes. Gore and ending are the only good parts of it. It's also only 12 episodes. It's kind of a fun marathon, in a masochistic way.

Uchip

Banned
Yes. Gore and ending are the only good parts of it. It's also only 12 episodes. It's kind of a fun marathon, in a masochistic way.

well, we suffered a different fate at the hands of invasive black bars
which was especially weird when one of the monsters consisted of black bars

cajunator

Banned

Masochism is the name of the game in animegaf.
People here willingly watch garbage.
We just have differing reasons to do so.

Theonik

You are not very familiar with AnimeGAF are you?

Hello, AnimeGaf. I jumped into the Shit thread and was pointed to come into here. I've been looking around NeoGAF for a long time for a place to fit in, and I hope this is the place.

Welcome! Be sure to watch these AnimeGAF approved Classcis:
Glass Fleet
Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito
Garzey's Wing (dubbed)
School Days
Blood-C

I'm sure I'm missing some. Help me out here guys!

yami4ct

well, we suffered a different fate at the hands of invasive black bars
which was especially weird when one of the monsters consisted of black bars

Man, the
Death of the awful twins. All four of those deaths.
. The gore made it oh so satisfying. Best part of the whole show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom