• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
The thing I find interesting is that Shogo is going to be Kirei of Psycho-Pass but is also the moral component of the show at the same time. Usually when people talk about somebody or something being the moral component, it's in a positive way. In dystopias, the people rebelling against some society are doing it for some positive emotion like love. Shogo is seemingly doing it for the reasons people go into these dystopias in the first place. It's an interesting contrast.

Chuunibyou - Ahahaha, this show is incredibly cute. I went into it thinking it's going to be another overhyped moe show.

The OP is incredibly seizure inducing though. Looks like something taken straight from SHAFT.

Just read that Ibuki Kido the voice actress of the main girl (the little sister) in the brain damage incest show (Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne) is 14 years old.

20120910192906a49so7ygl.jpg

I need to watch the show now!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What was said specifically about
Viral's genetic makeup beyond his inability to procreate
? TTGL is one of my all-time favorites but I'm incredibly rusty on the specifics.
"Spiral power" is the power to grow beyond one's own potential by way of evolution, which is a trait inherent in our double-helix DNA. By this, the machines made to work with spiral power are powered by our fighting spirit for evolutionary survival. Beastmen are made by cloning, so their DNA is different, and they don't have spiral power, which was directly stated by Ron. That is also why Simon whooped his ass before fighting the spiral king.

Spiraling of two species?
I guess that works enough... perhaps "Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!" was also the motto of the writing team.

OceanBlue

Just read that Ibuki Kido the voice actress of the main girl (the little sister) in the brain damage incest show (Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne) is 14 years old.

20120910192906a49so7ygl.jpg

I need to watch the show now!

If I remember correctly, the two main characters are pretty new to the anime voice acting scene, which is weird considering the rest of the harem.

Edit: Yep. Chihara Minori, Kitamura Eri, and Shimoda Asami. And then the two leads who I have never heard of before. Apparently Akito was Yuki for Tsuritama.

Chuunibyou
The OP is incredibly seizure inducing though. Looks like something taken straight from SHAFT.

What a strange and wrong statement.

the Chuu2 OP is maybe the most offensive OP in the history of everything. Without Endless Eight I would call it the worst thing ever created by KyoAni.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Am I the only one who doesn't find the Chu 2 boyos OP seizure inducing? Note that I suffer from motion sickness in FPSs a lot.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
cMvxT.jpg

Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince

Director: Keitaro Motonaga (School Days, Jormungand)
Character Design: Hisashi Hirai (SEED, SEED, and more SEED)
Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida (firehawk)
Animation Production: Doga Kobo (Natsuyuki) & Orange (Macross Frontier and Akito the Exiled CG)

Lololol.

Wat. :(

Director + Writer = sad firehawk. :(

Soma

Am I the only one who doesn't find the Chu 2 boyos OP seizure inducing? Note that I suffer from motion sickness in FPSs a lot.

Nah I didn't find it that bad.

I like the idea behind it but I just wish things would be slowed down considerably.

Thoraxes

arargismug9jqd5.jpg

well, I will watch it now.

You've made the right choice.

W3fAb.gif

That's kind of fucked up.

Actually, it's a lot fucked up.

If anything, i'm now impressed at how well she can play the role for a 14 year old.

Nah, i'm fine with it. When I tried to watch it on a youtube video someone linked in here it hurt, but just watching it normally was fine when I was at a normal distance from my TV.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I got the BD version, it's pretty nice.
Comes with postcards, drama CDs, character song CDs, slipcases, and reversible jackets.
http://i.imgur.com/7ci3d.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zJI41.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HQjBE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2mnLB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eDw6n.jpg

Oh...oh, outside Japan. My bad.

http://i.imgur.com/9ljEN.jpg
I say this with much love. Fuck you! lol
I remember when you first got them and they looked great, but not $400 dollar great.

Although if Aniplex did the Fate/Zero treatment with the show here and released a BD set with English subs here for 400 bucks... I'd probably do it. :p

It had become more tiresome how they won every fucking match. Momoyama Predators are too 1337 for their own good.
I would want one sports anime to do the unthinkable
and just have a team just win every single time,
Id like it.
Hahaha. It's funny, I think sports is generally tiresome and boring, yet I've seen enough sports shows to know how these things go. An OP team is just boring, and losing "builds character", but it's always predictable when they lose. You can't win either way!

Hyouka 11.5
It wouldn't be a school anime without the obligatory pool/beach/someexcusetoputthegirlsinbikinis episode.

Interesting that a bonus episode drops something I'd consider to be a pretty big bomb like
his sister returning. I didn't think she was gonna stick around and it was gonna be one of those "I'm just visiting for a bit, but I'll disappear before the next real episode like I was never here" things the way it never showed her face, but judging by episode 12 she's here to stay and her face isn't.
11.5 is the game changer!

Ixion Saga DT 1

Gintama-style humor in a fantasy action RPG setting. The wise-cracking lead, the perverted humor, the trolls all over the place - it's the exact opposite of all those dumb fantasy shows that take themselves way too seriously. Shinji Takamatsu has delivered. Will watch more.
You might as well have described Oda Nobuna. lol

That makes you bad person, I think.
It does!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I will admit I liked this bit in SAO 14.

But I still feel the ending was handled very badly.

You have to feel especially sorry for the bloke who just managed to save up for his new house only to be told it's time for Tubby Bye Bye.
This is literally perfect for the weekly "Crawling In My Skin" video.
Is there a single shot in existence of the dark haired guy not smoking?

tomat killing animegaf
I don't have that kind of power. I am a mere mortal.

Reknoc

Code-Breaker 1

What was with that dog? Did it like, walk in from a different anime? Did someone forget what they were making? What was with that dog?

It's the dog from one piece, it's totally that dog.

Why that dog.

The music was like that dog as well, out of place.

That dog.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Okay, on Gurren Lagann 23 now. I have a concept integrity question...

If Viral doesn't have DNA like us, and spiral power comes from the spiral nature of our DNA, how did combining with Viral make Gurren Lagann more powerful the same as with two humans?

Because
Viral used spiral power to overcome his inability to use spiral power. Yeah.

Decided to try GAF on my 3DS. Kinda neat, though I doubt I'll use it often.

85A97EAD-FD75-4F85-AA43-32F60F43FD5F-2527-0000040B72983C87.jpg
I feel so special now~

Code-Breaker 1

What was with that dog? Did it like, walk in from a different anime? Did someone forget what they were making? What was with that dog?

It's the dog from one piece, it's totally that dog.

Why that dog.

The music was like that dog as well, out of place.

That dog.

Lol, I was thinking of the dog from OP too when I read the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom