• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Nice. The main characters are from the Shu dynasty, with Guan Yu being the lead. I thought it was going to be cute, innocent fun... but there's some pretty lewd stuff going on in here.

Shu? Doesn't sound very virtuous to me.

/dynasty warriors humor

Ixion Saga DT 01

6dDPD.jpg

Fun fact, this was said in katakana so imagine fitting all that into a text box.

This is a welcomed surprise. A show about a normal MMO-playing guy that gets tossed into a fantasy world abit with guns and stuff as well but fantasy nonetheless. Yet instead of being something generic, it instead makes fun of its own premise right down to the shoes you buy and the super long katakana filled attack names.

Not to mention, this has a nice cast of VAs so I'm quite willing to keep watching this.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Ixion Saga 1

This was... actually entertaining, with some gintama-esque humor scattered throughout. Will continue to watch.

I felt that Saint Seiya Omega 27 was a better ending to an arc than Sword Art Online 14.

These two episodes pulled very often into the same magic hat of fraudulence to tell their stories this weekend, and even though SAO has a vastly more robust premise overall I honestly felt more invested in Kouga as a MC than I did with Kirito by the end of both of them. Yes, Kouga's
inner-true-darkness-element-but-conveniently-suppressed-back-into-light-so-we-can-play-up-Dark-Pegasus-in-the-future
"twist" > Kirito.

Also SS Omega at least
had the balls not to handwave primary character death minutes after it happens
, unlike SAO.

Still watching both

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ixion Saga DT 01:

It's not a looker, but it more than compensated with surprisingly great music and fairly smart JRPG humor. Brains Base continuing to prove that they can MacGyver any concept or subject matter imaginable into something watchable.

Jarmel

Banned
Probably just one of many sources the character actually reads and quotes from to defend his point of view. After all...

O4uJI.jpg

I was wondering, how do you have a gift for narrative? Did they mean that he loves narratives or that he writes narratives?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay, on Gurren Lagann 23 now. I have a concept integrity question...

If Viral doesn't have DNA like us, and spiral power comes from the spiral nature of our DNA, how did combining with Viral make Gurren Lagann more powerful the same as with two humans?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

If Viral doesn't have DNA like us, and spiral power comes from the spiral nature of our DNA, how did combining with Viral make Gurren Lagann more powerful the same as with two humans?

Spiraling of two species?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Didn't even know 1 post per page was possible. Now I know!

Now don't let anyone else on GAF find out about it lest we start hearing about a "1pp master race" -_-

What was said specifically about
Viral's genetic makeup beyond his inability to procreate
? TTGL is one of my all-time favorites but I'm incredibly rusty on the specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom