• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

What rice bowls?

iYHlUFbHHBybM.gif

fuck

Girls und Panzer - 1

13497154406842ddum.gif

holy fuck!

- dat first person tank action scene
- many lovely little animations
- good soundtrack
- dead eyes and zombie walk moe
- cute girls eating sweet things
- power of friendship
- and the holy fucking very last scene

The show delivers on all fronts.

Emitan

Freaked out at Sora no Woto 3. I was in a bad state of mind last night and Kanata getting sick was really getting to me ;~;

Kazzy

K-ON!! - Episode 10

Uh-oh, Sawako! She is a weird one, all right. Even is she ostensibly wants to appear professional and dignified, its odd that she wouldn't want to perform again, and at her friend's wedding, no less!

L5AcX.jpg

This would make a great spin-off

It was a really good episode, and it gave the group an opportunity to goof around. I never really noticed it all that much before, but Ritsu really does like to ship Mio whenever possible! Here she does it with Sawako, after she commits the mistake of showing a little concern for her. I think Mugi may have been surpassed as the club's yuri enthusiast!

It was a nice surprise to get an actual animated performance here, because we are usually given only a little snippet (If we're lucky), but it was a nice touch, particularly how it was used as a framing device, reaffirming the clubs desire to improve.

And amidst all the craziness, Sawako is actually a likeable character, who'd have guessed?

The episode also had a few other random highlights, like Mugi achieving her dreams (aim low!), and Yui being an idiot (aim...somewhere!)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
School Days 7

aZzsK.jpg

Look at my tiny body. Goddamn.

You know how I said the friend of "best" girl is obviously yuri. I retract that statement. She isn't pure at all. She is vicious and manipulative. In fact this school is full of manipulative people. Even characters with hardly any screen time have decided being bitchy is the only way to get noticed on this show.

The "girlfriend" (who is one of the few people I currently feel sorry for) is a yandere ticking bomb waiting to happen. "Best" girl seems to forgotten that most of this trouble is her fault and M.C.Dick has become self aware. However saying that, thanks to the despicable actions of friend of "best" girl, he came off as semi reasonable this episode. Though that isn't saying much since he's still a dick.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sword Art Online 08:

utwoots_sword_art_onlkyohv.jpg

do i even need to say anything

Kirito and Asuna lament the decline of the frontline effort, and then proceed to
try and solo a boss themselves completely separate from the frontline effort
. Like, I understand that Kuradeel was being overbearing and controlling, but
show some selflessnes, Asuna, geez

At least the environmental design for the current floor is actually pretty cool. It's just a shame that the action scenes were lazy outside of the
duel
and avoided showing any sort of weapon contact whatsoever. The
fight against Gleam Eyes or whatever it was called
in the next episode had better make up for it. Speaking of which--
why are Kirito and Asuna freaking the fuck out at the boss when it was just established that they can just step out of the boss room and be safe? Just get some more frontliners in there and admit you were being stupid

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online 08:

Kirito and Asuna lament the decline of the frontline effort, and then proceed to
try and solo a boss themselves completely separate from the frontline effort
. Like, I understand that Kuradeel was being overbearing and controlling, but
show some selflessnes, Asuna, geez

At least the environmental design for the current floor is actually pretty cool. It's just a shame that the action scenes were lazy outside of the
duel
and avoided showing any sort of weapon contact whatsoever. The
fight against Gleam Eyes or whatever it was called
in the next episode had better make up for it. Speaking of which--
why are Kirito and Asuna freaking the fuck out at the boss when it was just established that they can just step out of the boss room and be safe? Just get some more frontliners in there and admit you were being stupid

I will try to comment on this and use numbering for the bolded.

1.) They weren't trying to solo. Just scout.

2.) -

3.) It will

4.) Cuz scary shit is still scary especially when it roars at you. Also, it still is stupid even with that justification. LOLOLOL.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I will try to comment on this and use numbering for the bolded.

1.) They weren't trying to solo. Just scout.

Okay on the other stuff, but even bothering to open that boss door would seem to suggest that they believed there was even some slight possibility that whatever was in there wouldn't be too much for them to handle. Given Kirito's string of perfect luck I kind of want to see him get overconfident and smacked down for it.

Steroyd

Sukitte Ii na yo. - 01

Easily the "weakest" of the three Shoujo's but at the same time, doesn't say much because the other two were off to really good starts.

And this also ticked all the check boxes you'd find in a generic shoujo, so we'll see where it goes from here.

Right. Both characters come off as merely okay thus far.

Now, if they really want me to hate one of the mains, they would have Ali Baba like Coby from One Piece (as cosmic raised earlier).

That would be a nightmare.

I just mean in introduction and plot importance when comparing the two, not actual personality.

Maybe a better example would have been Yoh and Manta from Shaman King.

Jex

Since we've got some Utena people amassing at the moment, I'd like to ask a question. Does Anthy ever stop being a terrible character? If so, how much longer do I have to wait if I've only finished the Student Council Saga?

At the moment? We're always here man!

Okay on the other stuff, but even bothering to open that boss door would seem to suggest that they believed there was even some slight possibility that whatever was in there wouldn't be too much for them to handle. Given Kirito's string of perfect luck I kind of want to see him get overconfident and smacked down for it.

no they were scouting , that's why they had teleports crystals in their hands in case something bad would have happenned..

Teekyuu 01

Hm, plus for being 3 minutes long. Not so sure about how I feel about the pacing. Not bad since jokes fly by, so if they work or not, there's always another joke ready to be tossed out within the next 30 seconds.

Doesn't look that great though. But 3 minutes a week can't be that bad.

duckroll

My Little Monster - Episode 2

Another great episode. I find the characters in the show really interesting, and the chemistry between them really works. The show continues to be extremely visually appealing, and I'm a huge fan of the pacing. It's nice to see a school setting in anime which isn't focused on club activities, but having an academic angle instead. It's pretty uncommon I think, since KareKano is probably the only other show of this sort I can really think of at the moment. Brains Base continues to win! <3

Edit: Oh, I really liked the ED too. In general I'm a fan of EDs which take the liberty of using different types and adding variety to the show. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom