• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Teekyuu 1
tkyuu1.jpg

Alright, now that I can actually understand it, I can safely say that this is indeed better than both Chitose Get You! and Litchi DE Hikari Club, take that as you will.

cajunator

Banned
Misaki is so crazy and broken. I don't think you can call her a magical girlfriend. It was a pretty interesting relationship (especially in the novel and manga), much better than the normal shoujo thing with the shy main girl and the wild but handsome guy.

She is pretty broken. I think she has just as many issues as Satou does and possibly even more.

Defuser

Magi the Labyrinth of Magic ep 1
I have no complains for what they did for episode 1. It's understandable if they are doing 2 cours not to mention wanting to expand more on Sinbad and his generals some sacrifices have to be made, they streamline this episode to introduce all 3 characters at once which is good to get the pace going. I do enjoy the OP, BGM, the production and the action but the ED song is fucking terrible.

Steroyd

code breaker 1

there were no codes that required breaking o_O.

And that ending seemed kinda pointless if the girl is in the freaking OP!

So many pretty boy with magic power shows this season.

While I do use OP's to try and gauge the show's tone, main character's, who is getting added to the harem etc. I don't use them as absolutes either.

For example.
Tengen Toppe Gurren Lagann. :(

Maybe she's in the OP to highlight that the main guy is evil enough to off someone who features in the OP, layers man, layers...

Omigawa is in HidaSketch?!?!?!?!!?

i need it in my veins

I've mentioned this multiple times. It's like no-one reads my posts when I say something positive about Omigawa.

...oh...

One of the things I thought was particularly interesting about Suki-tte was that the secondary characters all had "moments". Unlike Kaibutsu-kun, where the focus is squarely on Haru and Shizuku and we see nothing of the supporting cast to start with (except the one blonde delinquent guy), Suki-tte rather portentously gives us short moments with a bunch of other characters - the girl with the big breasts, the girl with the piercings etc. I would assume that the show will open up to a larger ensemble relatively quickly.

I'm not saying that Kaibutsu-kun won't do the same - because clearly it will - but Suki-tte made it much more obvious that the show will expand beyond the central relationship.

Regarding Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, I would have thought that the pre-OP montage with Shizuku going "This story is about her and him and her and the rooster" would have been enough of a clue that it'll have an ensemble cast. That's actually something the anime added, probably because the direction the manga will take doesn't really become clear until chapters 3 and 4.

Jarmel

Banned
Aladdin eventually does get a little development, but it's nothing compared to Ali Baba. It's really Ali Baba's story, and Aladdin is just a convenient device to get shit done.

That's really surprising considering the promo material focuses so much on Aladdin.

duckroll

Jarmel wanted to know who drew the Newtype spread for Psycho-Pass yesterday. Well, apparently it's Keiji Gotoh. Lol. The art's definitely better than his recent work. I wouldn't have guessed.

BluWacky

Regarding Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, I would have thought that the pre-OP montage with Shizuku going "This story is about her and him and her and the rooster" would have been enough of a clue that it'll have an ensemble cast. That's actually something the anime added, probably because the direction the manga will take doesn't really become clear until chapters 3 and 4.

You know, I completely forgot about that sequence. My bad!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Magi 1

With people comparing the Magi manga with FullMetal Alchemist, I couldn't help but notice that this debut episode was pretty similar to Brotherhood's, although a little bit slower because they needed a couple of minutes to establish the characters before having
Aladdin wreck shit up, just like Ed did back then.
I heard some people who have read the source material dislike the pacing, but it felt right to me, to be honest.

And I liked it. A world with dungeons coming out of nowhere seems like an interesting enough setting, and this...

... Just seals the deal.

Oh wow, the Ixion Saga DT OP has some of the dirtiest lyrics I've seen in an OP song. Someone on animesuki has helpfully provided a translation, with the lines on the left being the lyrics as they're interpreted by the written karaoke text and the lines on the right the innuendo-laden actual sung lyrics.

Cast away my Warrior's Title! // Cast away my DT!

Let me cast away my Warrior's Title // Let me lose my DT
I want to go back to being a normal guy again. // I want to be a man
I earnestly want to relinquish this fate // I want to give this sad treasure
to my nemesis // to you

We felt a mutual affinity since my dimensional transfer // We felt attracted to each other since we met
Every time I sleep I have a nightmare // Every time I sleep I have a dream
My Hyperion awakening makes me groan in my sleep // A burning sensation in my body makes me groan in my sleep
Teach me how to quell my aura // Teach me how to quell my fever
Why is it that as I continually confront my nemesis // Why is it that as I get to know you better
I find my Alma Gear ready for battle // I find that getting harder

Let me cast away my Warrior's Title // Let me lose my DT
I want to say goodbye to being my Master's right hand // I want to say goodbye to my right hand
Let's us settle our fight as rivals // Let's do it. From now on
I will never let my nemesis escape // I will never let you go

We'll settle this once and for all // We will never be apart

Oh yes, Ive sit through this one, sang by a beautiful lady. :)

You skip the Lucky channel? shit thats one of the best parts of Lucky Star.
Damn son, you missed out

I might watch them if they're funnier than the episodes themselves?

((((;゚Д゚))))))) Why?!?

It felt like the Team Rocket parts in Pokemon, something that is there at the end of each episode, if it makes sense. :p

Jarmel

Banned
Jarmel wanted to know who drew the Newtype spread for Psycho-Pass yesterday. Well, apparently it's Keiji Gotoh. Lol. The art's definitely better than his recent work. I wouldn't have guessed.

Well that's surprising. I'm wondering, do artists who do these types of illustrations usually work on the show itself?

You skip the Lucky channel? shit thats one of the best parts of Lucky Star.

Real talk, Lucky Channel was the best part of the show.

JoJo's 1

That was....amazing. That's all.

Kamisama Hajimemashita 1

OK, I guess. Didn't feel very shoujo'ish which is normally a good thing but the show didn't really replace it with anything else. Was kinda boring tbh, but was not bad.

So I guess it goes
Tonari no Kabitsu-kun
Kamisama no Hajimemahita
-
-
-
-
-
-
Sukitte Iinayo

cjkeats

Finished Hyouka last night. I really enjoyed it. The cast of characters were likable, and meshed well. I liked the way the show would take trivial "mysteries" and make them dramatic.

The ending was wide open. I expect we'll see more depending how successful it was. I'd watch a Hyouka OVA or movie. Or even better just a couple hours of Chitanda being Chitanda.

OceanBlue

Jawohl.

Today/tonight's new shows are:

Aikatsu! (no simulcast)
Sakurasou no Pet-na Kanojo (no simulcast)
Girls und Panzer (Crunchyroll)

I'm looking forward to Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, and I don't mind giving Girls und Panzer a try too.

I just read through 11 volumes of Magi and I feel like the changes to the structure for the first episode were good overall. Maybe it's because I watched the episode first, but I feel as if the changes add more structure overall to the beginning.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
After reading through ten chapters of Sukitte Ii na yo, I'm prepared to say that it will be my favourite shoujo of the season
based on content alone
and fully understand why they went with the indie art film direction. My only fear is that they
hold back
, but with the direction of the first episode, I don't think that is likely.

I'm sure this is probably old-hat for shoujo veterans, but the manga is the same breath of fresh air that KnT was to me two years ago... just in the
opposite direction.
My hype-meter suddenly went to 11 anyway.

Of course, the silly thing is that I could probably get the same thing if I watched
Skins or The Inbetweeners
but hey, I'm a weeaboo, not an
Anglophile

I guess I'll check it out then.

Defuser

Ixion Saga
Is this suppose to be funny or what? It's poor. How can a studio like brain base airing a excellent Tonari no Kaibutsu Kun while airing a totally polar opposite show like this?

Morris

Disco Devil
joey JoJo 1

DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I'll just echo the praise everyone has been giving it but, yeah, i'm still not too hot on the artstyle. JoJo deserves more than the cheap digital art they're using.

Was surprised they didn't show
Danny burning
, wonder how they'll do other future more gorey scenes. They'll probably won't show [manga spoiler]
the baby getting eaten by his mother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom