• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwarrior

Jojo ep1

Absolutely fabulous, My shounen haato is burning up, I didn't expect it to translate over well but this adaption exceeded my expections.

David delivers

Dio you magnificent bastard and joestar you gentlemen among gentlemen, can't wait for speedwagon to show up next ep hyped.

Magi ep1

oAJxL.gif

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS....one things for sure redman this was not magi.

oh god were to start before the rage consumes me whole.

Voice actors & characters

waht the hell couldn't A-1 hire some real voice actors except for these bottom of the barrel ones that aren't even trying example Aladdin's va sounds like she auditioning to be in a new idole anime it's like no one told her she was playing a small boy (yes i know,the author wanted a female to play magi but this isn't an excuses when there are great female voice actors that pull of a very convincing adolescent/child boy voice without the viewer ever noticing (example Masako Nozawa(goku &gohan va) Mayumi Tanaka, Junko Takeuchi).

I can live with aladdin's va, Alibabas I can not, my ears want to vomit :(

wow the they mutilated the source material and sucked any charm out of it, the characters are barely like there manga counter part in fact Alibaba is nothing like his manga counter part.

I feel like am watching some shitty anime like sao or accel and not magi :(

3556503_o.gif

Fuck YOU a-1 prodcution magi could of been something Amazing, but you blew it up, god damn you to helll may the rats eat your eyes!!

only postive thing I can say about it is, the op is catchy and nice they kept the reaction shots.

waht the hell couldn't A-1 hire some real voice actors except for these bottom of barrel ones that aren't even trying example Aladdin's va sounds like she auditioning to be in a new idole anime it's like no one told her she was playing a small boy (yes i know,the author wanted a female to play magi but this isn't an excuses when there are great female voice actors that pull of a very convincing adolescent boy voice without the viewer every noticing (example Masako Nozawa(goku &gohan va) Mayumi Tanaka, Junko Takeuchi).

wow the they mutilated the source material and sucked any charm out of it, the characters are barely like there manga counter part in fact Alibaba is nothing like his manga counter part.

... Woh. Deep breaths buddy.

I think Aladdin is fine, but Alibaba is perfect as far as I'm concerned. I'm also not sure how the characters are nothing like their manga counterpart. Despite the heavy duty cutting and pasting being done, Alibaba and Aladdin seem to have made it through the transition just fine.

cajunator

Banned
Guess I'm having pancakes and eggs for dinner.

I feel like the only thing preventing us from getting to new OTs faster than we already are is the 60-second rule.

Yeah that pesky 60 second rule is a drag >_

I converse a million miles an hour and its difficult not being able to post the same way.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Smile Precure! 34:

These girls are kind to a fault but they don't know when to give up. Some boy in the class is butthurt that they're doing a fashion show for the school festival? Can't be reasoned with? Forget him!

I can't believe that the ULTIMATE SHAME happened for a second week in a row and
Candy was the one who bailed everyone out during the Akanbe fight
. Why are they just now realizing that
the decors just might be really useful in battle
? As much as I enjoy this show, there's still so much wasted potential.

Oh, and that insert song was just... http://i.imgur.com/rltlb.png

Uneventful episode. At least next week is guaranteed to be the best thing ever.

And sadly, the tiny hat menace has infected this show as well :(

What are the chances that Happy will start dating the tsundere boy?! lol

Also, SMILE PRECURE MOVIE OCTOBER 27TH. LET'S LINE UP NOW. HYYYYPE.

Defuser

Magi ep1

oAJxL.gif

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS....one things for sure redman this was not magi.

oh god were to start before the rage consumes me whole.

Voice actors & characters

waht the hell couldn't A-1 hire some real voice actors except for these bottom of the barrel ones that aren't even trying example Aladdin's va sounds like she auditioning to be in a new idole anime it's like no one told her she was playing a small boy (yes i know,the author wanted a female to play magi but this isn't an excuses when there are great female voice actors that pull of a very convincing adolescent/child boy voice without the viewer every noticing (example Masako Nozawa(goku &gohan va) Mayumi Tanaka, Junko Takeuchi).

I feel like am watching some shitty anime like sao or accel and not magi :(

3556503_o.gif

Fuck YOU a-1 prodcution magi couldn't of been something Amazing, but you blew it up, god damn you to helll may the rats eat your eyes!!
You're like...the first gaffer who doesn't like this adaptation.
waht the hell couldn't A-1 hire some real voice actors except for these bottom of the barrel ones that aren't even trying example Aladdin's va sounds like she auditioning to be in a new idole anime it's like no one told her she was playing a small boy (yes i know,the author wanted a female to play magi but this isn't an excuses when there are great female voice actors that pull of a very convincing adolescent/child boy voice without the viewer every noticing (example Masako Nozawa(goku &gohan va) Mayumi Tanaka, Junko Takeuchi).
I think you mistaken for her intentions. The author wants Aladdin to sound feminine.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Code:
cajunator	780
kayos90	708
duckroll	385
Jexhius	333
Branduil	328
Narag	308
Regulus Tera	283
yami4ct	258
Mad Pierrot	253
Dedication Through Light	248
firehawk12	225
Jarmel	206
SDBurton	205
cosmicblizzard	200
wonzo	199
hosannainexcelsis	188
Envelope	178
fertygo	162
KO Traveling Hobo	159
Thoraxes	158
OceanBlue	158
Uchip	157
Ultimadrago	137
Dresden	134
dakkumauji	128
RurouniZel	128
PdotMichael	126
Articalys	117
BGBW	112
Firemind	104
Brazil	103

Welp.

OfGmf.jpg

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Yeah that pesky 60 second rule is a drag >_

I converse a million miles an hour and its difficult not being able to post the same way.

If there were no 60 second rule we might have a Cajunator and Kayos Talk Anime |OT| and an Anime |OT| For Everyone Else :p

maybe that cause am the only one that doesn't like almost everything.

I like your style.

Emitan

Don't worry about it, already setting plans into motion to create the first cereal with a female mascot. There will be two of them, for obvious reasons. :3 Now to think of a name.... pretty keen on "Flower Buds" myself.

We need two different cereals for the tsundere

You're like...the first gaffer who doesn't like this adaptation.

I think you mistaken for her intentions. The author wants Aladdin to sound feminine.

Either I read incorrectly, but I thought Magi was shaping up to be this seasons, SAO, where all of the followers of the source material, express lots of dislike for the animated counterpart. Cwar isnt the first to express disappointment over the apparent changes, at least of all the posts Ive attempted to read.

jbug617

Banned
Code:
cajunator	780
kayos90	708
duckroll	385
Jexhius	333
Branduil	328
Narag	308
Regulus Tera	283
yami4ct	258
Mad Pierrot	253
Dedication Through Light	248
firehawk12	225
Jarmel	206
SDBurton	205
cosmicblizzard	200
wonzo	199
hosannainexcelsis	188
Envelope	178
fertygo	162
KO Traveling Hobo	159
Thoraxes	158
OceanBlue	158
Uchip	157
Ultimadrago	137
Dresden	134
dakkumauji	128
RurouniZel	128
PdotMichael	126
Articalys	117
BGBW	112
Firemind	104
Brazil	103

Welp.

I thought I would make the list. I'm truly disappointed right now.

NeonZ

It's kind of funny that he was dressed as Peter Pan, considering Miyuki's comment earlier in the show... Although, still, at this point, it's obvious that nothing will happen here.

OceanBlue

I don't see how anyone is surprised by Aladdin voice actor in Magi. Aladdin's voice is like Alphonse/any other shota in anime. He acts girlish enough in the manga anyway.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I don't see how anyone is surprised by Aladdin voice actor in Magi. Aladdin's voice is like Alphonse/any other shota in anime.

Uh, no. Alphonse, MC in Ginga e Kickoff, Rito from TLR, and Natsuru from Kampfer, to name just a few, all sound like they could actually be young boys, or close enough to easily allow for suspension of disbelief. Aladdin sounds nothing like a boy. Absolutely terrible decision in voice casting there.

wonzo

Banned
My Little Monster 2

Brain's Base does it again with yet another fun, energetic and visually striking episode of this show. Hopefully Natsume stick's around as she's a very entertaining character.

oh and speaking of brain's base, here's my incredibly lazy take on each and every episode of sengoku collection and whether or not they're worth watching, spelling and grammatical mistakes included:

Sengoku Collection Episode Summary

aight, i figured i'd write one of these briefly touching on each and every episode and whether or not they're worth watching. in all honesty, if you can make it past the first 3 then it's all pretty much uphill from there so if you dropped it after those then you might as well pick it up again. ***WARNING*** YMMV:

Episode 1

an utterly terrible episode featuring nobunaga and her fated meeting with the amazingly boring and asexual melting human blob

Episode 2

it's shit unless you have a thing for Kana Hanazawa in which case it's probably a masterpiece

Episode 3

featuring lesbians, one of which is completely colourblind and stricken with a keyface for the web 2.0 generation

Episode 4

this one was actually kinda neat. it had some very interesting composition and a cool gangster revenge flick theme for the second half

Episode 5

it's the goddamn shingo kaneko michael moore episode. enough said

Episode 6

time travel hijinks. i remember liking this one

Episode 7

i think this was the haiku one, i actually enjoyed the hell outta the first half, even though the second half managed to shit the bed in an incredibly hilarious way. i'd say it's worth checking out, especially if you've got a thing for girls speaking only in haiku and dark, dingy bars

Episode 8

another shingo kaneko masterpiece. featuring talking rice and existential plushies

Episode 9

BATTLE MEIDO. this one kinda owned

Episode 10

BATTLE MEIDO part due. i vaguely remember there being some nice animation in this but that may just be my memory fuckin with me

Episode 11

KAIJI AS FUCK. all it's missing is the narrator, noses and zawazawa

Episode 12

a megane by day, i bike riding warrior of the night. dishing out justice by running over rapists with her ownage motorcycle. this ep also featured the return of the human blob

Episode 13

legit onsen yuri and an assassin. :SDBurton as fuck but the same could be said of every episode really

Episode 14

i remember nothing about this. my screenshot folder tells me there's bathroom boob touching yuri and... A FAN?! truly the most dangerous episode yet

Episode 15

haunted mansion episode. this one owned for the reaction faces, most notably studio pablo going nuts with the dezaki postcards

Episode 16

RUSSIAN ROULETTE LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE

Episode 17

a story about the genderbent liu bei who turns into a pig at sunset. literally

Episode 18

yet another must watch episode. i won't spoil anything other than it has some truly incredible backgrounds

Episode 19

shingo kaneko murder mystery. shit owns

Episode 20

followup to the last episode. it's aight, even with keyface 2.0 making an appearance

Episode 21

a genderbent sengoku era warring states general mysteriously ends up on a russian space station which has been taken over by a rogue ai hellbent on destroying THE MOTHERLAND. must watch

Episode 22

it's got lesbians in it. that's literally it as this one was fucking garbage

Episode 23

ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS. the sandbox edition. a must watch tale on the follies of war

Episode 24

followup to kana hanazawa's episode 2. a twist within a twist. there's also some interesting use of colour contrast. worth checking out

Episode 25

it's about fishing. trust me when i say it's worth it for the incredible ending

Episode 26

an unsurprisingly light hearted, lesbian filled conclusion. complete with character montages

OceanBlue

Speaking of Magi VAs, I thought Hirano Aya was supposed to Mor? When did they change it to Tomatsu Haruka?

Not that I'm complaining. I'm pleased with all of the girl cast. I'm not horribly bothered by Kaji Yuuki either. The cast looks pretty stacked to me.

jman2050

Uh, no. Alphonse, MC in Ginga e Kickoff, Rito from TLR, and Natsuru from Kampfer, to name just a few, all sound like they could actually be young boys, or close enough to easily allow for suspension of disbelief. Aladdin sounds nothing like a boy. Absolutely terrible decision in voice casting there.

Wait, Aladdin sounds more girly than Rito? Is that even possible?

Uchip

Banned
I don't see how anyone is surprised by Aladdin voice actor in Magi. Aladdin's voice is like Alphonse/any other shota in anime. He acts girlish enough in the manga anyway.

not surprised, but that doesn't make it any less feminine
sounds a bit out of place

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Wait, Aladdin sounds more girly than Rito? Is that even possible?

Have you watched Magi yet? If you had, you wouldn't even need to ask. I don't think the voice actress put a single iota of effort in attempting to have Aladdin sound like a boy.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Now I kind of want to turn "why are there no female cereal mascots?" into an OT thread but I'm pretty sure I'd get laughed off of GAF and probably retagged with something terrible to boot. This frightening stealth inequality in our society is just going to have to be AnimeGAF's secret.

That's Brunch. It also doubles as the douchiest meal of the day.

Fuck Brunch, Fourthmeal's where it's at. An entirely new meal devoted to Taco Bell? How the hell did this never catch on?

I bet Tucan Sam is short for Samantha though.

He is rather motherly with those little toucan children always flocking around him. Conspiracy?

Who needs cereal when you have:

vlFk5.jpg

Fun fact: I live about ten minutes from her grave. My parents used to tell me that her headstone was shaped like a stack of pancakes, but unfortunately when I finally saw it for myself I discovered this to be untrue.

They don't make waffle crisp any more?

It was gone for a few years but it's back under a more reserved label!

lol at trying to target sugar cereals toward adults.

Waffles>pancakes

french toast > either

Also, SMILE PRECURE MOVIE OCTOBER 27TH. LET'S LINE UP NOW. HYYYYPE.

"no dating" is one of the three ironclad rules of Precure alongside "no cursing" and "no swimsuits". Just ask chickdigger!

OceanBlue

What? I don't know what kind of children you hang around, but they don't sound like any young boys I've ever met. If Alphonse and Rito can allow for suspension of disbelief, I can't even imagine how Aladdin doesn't.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
"no dating" is one of the three ironclad rules of Precure alongside "no cursing" and "no swimsuits". Just ask chickdigger!

But at least 2 of those rules have been broken D:

Unless "kuso" doesn't count as swearing.

But there's definitely been beach episodes with swimsuits.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What? I don't know what kind of children you hang around, but they don't sound like any young boys I've ever met. If Alphonse and Rito can allow for suspension of disbelief, I can't even imagine how Aladdin doesn't.
No way man, Aladdin sounds like a girl man. Even Bart Simpson sounds more like a boy than Aladdin. lol

Fuck Brunch, Fourthmeal's where it's at. An entirely new meal devoted to Taco Bell? How the hell did this never catch on?
Is this like the chicken sandwich where the bread is replaced with fried chicken?

He is rather motherly with those little toucan children always flocking around him. Conspiracy?
The American Birdo!

But Serena/Usagi/Bunny dated Tuxedo Mask!

OceanBlue

No way man, Aladdin sounds like a girl man. Even Bart Simpson sounds more like a boy than Aladdin. lol

I'm not saying Aladdin doesn't sound like a girl. Aladdin definitely sounds like a girl, and so does every other young boy not played by 15 year old voice actors. I didn't think that it would be surprising for Aladdin to sound like a girl.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
But at least 2 of those rules have been broken D:

Unless "kuso" doesn't count as swearing.

But there's definitely been beach episodes with swimsuits.

No two-pieces. They can still wear modest onesies.

And if you can remember a particular instance of "kuso" you have a better memory than I. Perhaps the villains are allowed to say it but not the protagonists--is it even considered a legit offensive curse in Japanese anyway?

Is this like the chicken sandwich where the bread is replaced with fried chicken?

Dude if there was an entire meal devoted to the Double Down we'd all be dead.

The American Birdo!

Who will be the Captain Rainbow to go snooping for naughty things in Toucan Sam's sheets?

But Serena/Usagi/Bunny dated Tuxedo Mask!

Different era!

Shame Tsubomi x Coppe in Heartcatch would have been incest.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
No two-pieces. They can still wear modest onesies.

And if you can remember a particular instance of "kuso" you have a better memory than I. Perhaps the villains are allowed to say it but not the protagonists--is it even considered a legit offensive curse in Japanese anyway?

I remember it, because I was surprised to hear it. It's either in Fresh, Smile, or Suite, I'm pretty sure. Maybe Futari.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom