• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Space Ghost! 1
uchurei1.jpg
uchurei1a.jpg
uchurei1b.jpg
uchurei1c.jpg

A+++++++++++ will watch again

Nafe

At the very least, Hyouka's visual splendor was apparent from the very beginning. Chuunibyou doesn't have anything like this:

http://i.minus.com/irglKwN9PJqEk.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Isn't this the POV panning shot that a lot of people said they really didn't like when the first episode first aired? I seem to remember some saying it was impressive how the camera moves and you can see some objects around the corner though.

[quote="firehawk12, post: 42998416"]lol

Just hit the last page button![/QUOTE]

Haha, Sometimes I want to but I didn't read every post. I'm not following One Piece or am not really that interested in the waifu wars but I try to at least look at every page for any interesting news and announcements. I also feel bad for some like [B]PoeticProse22[/B] or [B]Jexhius[/B] and others who take the time to write up a detailed post about their impressions, or maybe other things and want to let them know that at least one person read their post, even if I maybe don't have anything I feel is interesting to respond with. That's pretty much why if I want to do anything like that, I'll hold off and post it after the weekend.

SMILE PRECURE 32

Joker again no doubt , all the joker focused episodes had been excellent and this one was

Dammit we're back to the silly things next episodes ...oh well ..!..

Toei , why do you recycle so much ? New attack = new power = new animation !!
not the same thing i've seen how god many times already ...

Branduil

Isn't this the POV panning shot that a lot of people said they really didn't like when the first episode first aired? I seem to remember some saying it was impressive how the camera moves and you can see some objects around the corner though.

Some people didn't like the camera movement, but I don't remember anybody claiming it wasn't technically impressive.

Nafe

Some people didn't like the camera movement, but I don't remember anybody claiming it wasn't technically impressive.

Hm, maybe that's what it was then. I just remember that shot specifically drawing a lot of conversation here in the anime thread but maybe it was more just to do with the movement.

duckroll

I don't like that cut at all. The camera bob makes me a little dizzy. I don't think it's technically impressive either, because I don't like the way it was directed and composited. The camera movement is a large part of the technical nature of the scene, so I would argue that if someone doesn't like how it was done, then the scene obviously wasn't technically impressive. There are many much more impressive shots in the first episode alone, so to pick the weird 3D movement one that people are split on is kinda odd.

Honestly, I'll put that POV shot in Hyouka alongside the Crazy Girl OP as stuff that might have seemed like a good idea on paper, but turned out to be just kinda... a miss.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Magi 01
This sort of stuff is really right up my alley. Sometimes there are just works where you can see the creative energy bleeding through, and this is really one of them. Loads of life just packed away here, and even if I don't think it's the most amazing thing in the world necessarily it carries itself well with a lot of gusto that makes it very likeable and unique. It probably helps that they've created this world that looks completely gorgeous, as it's much easier to get lost in everything here. The characters could probably use a little more personality, but I guess that's asking a bit much from just the first episode. Still, everything here seems fun and engaging and I'm interested to see where things go. I can tell immediately that a lot of effort and energy is going into this project and that the personal investment is high on the part of the people working on it, and that really does make a difference.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I don't like that cut at all. The camera bob makes me a little dizzy. I don't think it's technically impressive either, because I don't like the way it was directed and composited. The camera movement is a large part of the technical nature of the scene, so I would argue that if someone doesn't like how it was done, then the scene obviously wasn't technically impressive. There are many much more impressive shots in the first episode alone, so to pick the weird 3D movement one that people are split on is kinda odd.

Honestly, I'll put that POV shot in Hyouka alongside the Crazy Girl OP as stuff that might have seemed like a good idea on paper, but turned out to be just kinda... a miss.

They didn't realize what would actually happen to their audience.

cajunator

Banned

Haha, Sometimes I want to but I didn't read every post. I'm not following One Piece or am not really that interested in the waifu wars but I try to at least look at every page for any interesting news and announcements. I also feel bad for some like PoeticProse22 or Jexhius and others who take the time to write up a detailed post about their impressions, or maybe other things and want to let them know that at least one person read their post, even if I maybe don't have anything I feel is interesting to respond with. That's pretty much why if I want to do anything like that, I'll hold off and post it after the weekend.

Well I have said before that I read every post.
Even the detailed impressions.
Nothing is unread.

Hm, maybe that's what it was then. I just remember that shot specifically drawing a lot of conversation here in the anime thread but maybe it was more just to do with the movement.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Nothing is unread.

There are people who read every single page. Just because we don't reply doesn't mean we don't read them. Cajun and I happen to be some of them.

cajunator

Banned
Correct.
Plus like right now even if I wanted to reply, neogaf mobile doesnt seem to accomodate posts past a certain length.
Cant get to beyond the quote tags to respond.
But Im reading it all.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
There are people who read every single page. Just because we don't reply doesn't mean we don't read them. Cajun and I happen to be some of them.

Correct.
Plus like right now even if I wanted to reply, neogaf mobile doesnt seem to accomodate posts past a certain length.
Cant get to beyond the quote tags to respond.
But Im reading it all.

I try to, but in the 20 minutes I have after I wake up/shower and before work, it can be hard to read all 10 pages or so... ;_;

Nothing is unread.

I read every posts, bookmark long ones, thank goodness for mobile devices, as the thread makes good bed time or morning time reading when theres no new manga or fanfics updates.

Paragraph length to multi paragraph detailed impressions are really nice and more pleasing than one liners.

Instro

Code Breaker 1

Certainly no slouch visually, some great animation to be had here. Actually I think I enjoyed this opening episode more than Zetsuen's as it wasn't bogged down with some of the issues I had with that show. I enjoyed this quite a bit so I'll stick with it a while longer, although I imagine the plot is going to be fairly stock stuff.

rpmurphy

This is the first new series I'm following since a long time not following the anime scene:

Tonari no Kaibutsukun 1-2

The art is pretty good, the characters introduced so far are fun, and the plot seems like good potential. However, the show seeming to be a romantic comedy/drama, I'm guessing that there will be heartbreak events... not looking forward to those if there are any. :[

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hyouka 21:
Valentine's Day chocolate has never been so serious or filled with gravitas.

FOREVER ALONE CHOCOLATE

Risette

A Good Citizen
Wow, talk about pedantic. You said I was wrong, so prove me wrong. You can't? Oh.
Is "pedantic" some sort of fallback when somebody is responding to you bit by bit?

I didn't say you were wrong, necessarily:
The problem here is, of course, when people like Firemind are wrong or trolling and like to spin in circles instead of admitting their mistakes.

While you did apologize for the confusion you were made aware of caused by the GIF in your post:
I apologize for the confusion caused.

You also implied that the GIF was meant to be there because you meant "art and animation", prior to that post:
I like how pizzaroll goes to great lengths to discredit me. I said art and animation. If you think the animation in that gif looks good in motion, then good for you.

Which, ultimately, makes things make no sense, as I'll get to momentarily...

Face it. You had no idea what I was alluding to, tried to start a discussion about a show you did not watch, it blew up in your face and now you're backpedaling.
It did not blow up in my face. Of course I had no idea what you were alluding to, which is why I asked you:
What are you even talking about now
Naturally, considering your little thing last week after the first episode, this was not an innocent question at all. Due to the confusing nature of your post, I figured you were just spilling out nonsense for the sake of rabble-rousing again, because I honestly couldn't see what you were even talking about.

The fact that I haven't seen either episodes of the show is irrelevant. It was a question about your post, not necessarily the show. Your posts are part of the discussion for everybody here, not just people who have seen the episode. Watching the episode would have been a requirement if I were directly trying to counter what you were saying, which I did not.

Back to the confusion. Your post was constructed in a very confusing way. First, this:
Unfortunately, there are a few weak moments in the art and animation department, which I assume are for comedic effect, but the end result just looks jarring.
Which is followed by this relatively standard looking gif:
Then this follows:
Kimi ni Todoke did something similar with the chibi art. I can only imagine the artist got lazy, drew a couple of circles and called it a night.

This is where things get nonsensical. That GIF looks nothing like chibi art, right?

Let's take that GIF out of there and combine what you wrote:
Unfortunately, there are a few weak moments in the art and animation department, which I assume are for comedic effect, but the end result just looks jarring. Kimi ni Todoke did something similar with the chibi art. I can only imagine the artist got lazy, drew a couple of circles and called it a night.

As one can see, you are definitely talking about the chibi art! You say Kimi ni Todoke did something similar with the chibi art in reference to your previous sentence, the one about art and animation! As I said above, I'd get back to that post you made after I made a demonstration of my confusion in Paint, so let's take a little detour:
I like how pizzaroll goes to great lengths to discredit me. I said art and animation. If you think the animation in that gif looks good in motion, then good for you.
Apparently, the GIF was supposed to be there since you were talking about art and animation. But, uh, as you can see, things start to make even less sense than they did. Let's go over your original post once again:
Unfortunately, there are a few weak moments in the art and animation department, which I assume are for comedic effect, but the end result just looks jarring.

Kimi ni Todoke did something similar with the chibi art. I can only imagine the artist got lazy, drew a couple of circles and called it a night.
What?

So, now, to get back to things, your response to my question:
This is the chibi art present within Kimi ni Todoke. I've seen it in posts about the show on AnimeGAF. Still confused as to what you meant by it being something similar to, I follow up with:
And how is this remotely similar?

Nor do I see the problem with that image
Obviously, I was still referring to the GIF there. It's not like I'd be talking about anything else to compare similarities to, as it was what you included in your post between sentences talking about the art and animation.

You respond with:
tonari3.jpg

Spot the differences.
Seeing as I've not seen either show, I couldn't have been too sure if this is from KnT or not, but I don't recall a red hair girl in posts about KnT while I do remember the black haired girl, so I kinda assumed it could've been from Tonari, and I saw the image file name when quoting the post, so it indeed cleared up that there was some chibi looking art in Tonari at least and you weren't talking complete nonsense. But I still didn't know what it had to do with that really standard looking GIF which was in-between sentences about art and animation talking about chibi art.

So I responded with this demonstration of my confusion made in Paint:

Which you then respond to with the post I covered earlier:

Basically you just discredited yourself; I've already covered this post above.

I have proven both that you are wrong and failed to admit you were wrong. That GIF looks nothing like chibi art!

Narag

Kannazuki no Miko 3

I don't understand what the target audience for this is. It goes from yuri to comedy to school drama to a bunch of unintelligible stupid shit to GaoGaiGar. ~nya~nya

Kannazuki no Miko 3

I don't understand what the target audience for this is. It goes from yuri to comedy to school drama to a bunch of unintelligible stupid shit to GaoGaiGar. ~nya~nya

the ..... music is good ??

Seriously the main audience is yuri

---------
@pizzaroll
i don't have the energy to make these kind of posts , but i'll praise you for making them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom