• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Sakuraso's Pet Girl #1

petgirl1.jpg

Wowee! Best anime since Toradora! From the same studio no less!

It isn't even a contest anymore. The rest might as well go home and be a family man, though Mashiro and Nanami aren't half-bad. Amusingly enough, Misaki reminds me of Minorin, only without the emotional baggage (yet). (Team Ami!)

There are cats, a hostile maid program and a male protag voiced by Kirito. Perfect combination for anime contender of the year!

You know, the actual Kirito-Asuna dynamic is just about the only passable aspect of the show. Wish fulfillment or no, their interactions once their in an actual relationship are handled far better than most other animes that attempt a relationship. They never pull back established progress to create drama which is a common pitfall writers fall into when writing relationships and even though they're a bit overboard on the lovey dovey it's forgivable considering their age.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Upotte did get serious. I mean one of them was
SHOT!

And then you realise that really means nothing at all in that universe.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You know, the actual Kirito-Asuna dynamic is just about the only passable aspect of the show. Wish fulfillment or no, their interactions once their in an actual relationship are handled far better than most other animes that attempt a relationship. They never pull back established progress to create drama which is a common pitfall writers fall into when writing relationships and even though they're a bit overboard on the lovey dovey it's forgivable considering their age.

Well... that's because this is largely overlooked due to crappy side quests and the occasional stork dropping off a kid. Also gotta progress the main plot. It's not typical romance.

Naruto SD 28
tumblr_mbnbbfXg8F1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mbnbkhMJYH1qbxqfpo1_500.png

They make Hinata so creepy in this, lol, but the first skit was so funny. So much fun when the anime is just not on Rock Lee and all. Naruto always has the perfect reaction to her and faces. Second skit was alright, loved Lord Orochimaru dressed in Lettuce and the Genjutsu stuff finally being addressed.

The ending song is growing on me.

7Th

Code:Breaker 01

This is some seriously blatant female wish-fulfillment. Sakura's beautiful, popular, athletic, has excellent grades, and she gets to date a cool, mysterious, superpowered bishie?

She is also
the special chosen one immune to all the super-powers.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I must hand it to Nana Mizuki, her FUMITOO scream is a worthy equal to a giant robot attack shuot. That's not easy to do! From what I understand, doing those incredibly harsh shouts has actually damaged the vocal cords of many a mecha-pilot's voice actor.
Its phasing out along the mecha genre is the one thing I lament the most about the moé domination in the current age of anime. Ironically, I don't think any giant robot attack shout quite compares to Shinji's scream in End of Evangelion, which is the complete opposite of hot-blooded shounen GAR action.

Yes, I just necromanced this post because I was watching End of Evangelion. Go me.

cajunator

Banned
I think I love you I think I do

She's gorgeous, and in a non-moé way.

man

so much wrong in so few words

One more reason why Space Brothers is Anime of the Year 2012 of Our Lord.

Space Brothers is a pretty amazing show and the music is definitely part of it.
Also I listened to the full version of that song finally and I think I transcended. Its so very beautiful.

I don't know.

Oh I think you dooooo.

Nafe

Smile Precure! Episode 34

tumblr_mbj2iu6olE1qz6zkso1_500.jpg

Most people probably would have just ditched Toyoshima but the PreCure girls just can't do that! As soon as Toyoshima said that he would rather
play in a band than the fashion show I thought why not just have them do the background music?

Right after this Miyuki seemed all fired up like she got it but then they just kept saying "be in the fashion show!"...so I guess not. Toyoshima himself was kind of daft too as I thought Reika's suggestion would have been obvious. She asks him if he had any ideas for background music, well technically she says BGM but I was pretty sure she meant background music, to which he replied something like "No" or "Not really". Right there I thought "Oh, come on guy!"

Finally they got it though and I was thinking "that suggestion should have been obvious from the start!" Seeing them in all their outfits reminded me of the trailer for the Smile PreCure! 3DS game that was posted in the thread a little while ago.

Actually, just coming off of watching Fantastic Children I thought Toyoshima's seiyuu sounded very similar to the character Thoma, who's seiyuu is Junko Minagawa. Checking the credits when the show was over for her name and sure enough there she was right at the top in the second list just after the main cast.

Also, I wonder if
Candy taking out the baddies with Decors will become a bit of a theme this arc?

Like everyone has been saying the next episode looks like it will be really fun based on it's premise and hopefully we get some nice sakuga action too!

Oh yeah, let's not forget This Episodes Jan Ken Pon with Yayoi!

Me: Scissors
Yayoi:
Paper

Cwarrior

From the new world ep1

Wow it felt like it went on forever or at least an hour and half, had to check several times to see how much of it was left.

A load of nothing, mostly made up of a bunch of bland anime school kids having your typical super uninteresting conversations & interactions that make you roll your eyes then cut to some beating around the bush then back to more boring stuff.

-school anime now with a twist hogwarts wowweeeeee
-hideous character designs

+cute caterpillar
+running man thing was cool
+sounds like it could have some potential to get interesting too bad am willing take that gamble and watch more.

Truthfully it wasn't that bad could have been a lot worse could have been hyouka.

Now I need a sandwich :I

somethings up why doesn't he have a shadow, now speculate wwwwwww

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Guys, I need your opinion here.

Epic shounen orchestrated Japanese Dragon Ball BGM or lame XTREEM rock heavy and sometimes psychedelic USA Dragon Ball BGM?

kayos90

From the new world ep1

Wow it felt like it went on forever or at least an hour and half, had to check several times to see how much of it was left.

A load of nothing, mostly made up of a bunch of bland anime school kids having your typical super uninteresting conversations & interactions that make you roll your eyes then cut to some beating around the bush then back to more boring stuff.

+cute caterpillar
+sounds like it could have some potential to get interesting too bad am not naive enough take that gamble and watch more.

Truthfully it wasn't that bad could have been a lot worse could have been hyouka.

Oh boy. Shots are fired and here we go.

Epic shounen orchestrated Japanese Dragon Ball BGM or lame XTREEM rock heavy and sometimes psychedelic USA Dragon Ball BGM?

All I remember beyond the OPs was the dub's version of Gohan's theme when he was fucking up all the Cell Juniors, and that was superior to the Japanese version's track for that scene.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

I'm a huge proponent of the rockin' Faulconer OST.

edit: wait, you said Dragonball, not DBZ. No idea what the English OST was like for that!

cajunator

Banned
Sora no Woto 4

As poor as her playing is, Kanata's playing was pretty improved at the beginning of this episode. Glad Noel finally gets some screen time where she's not a part of the scenery.

Uh oh, someone's angry at soldiers. Will Kanata have to confront the harshness of the world or just hang around being moé beyond all belief?

And she's completely unfazed! This glass factory is pretty cool. Always been fascinated watching people shape glass.

Trumpets are like blowing glass! And suddenly she can play! ;~;

It gets even better :D
Also that ED is totally infectious isnt it? Earworm central.

School Days 8

Strange episode where they decided to hit certain plot bullet points spontaneously about a nonsensical festival episode.

While you'd think there's no possible way for our MC to get any worse, he did. Yes my friends, he spilt tea and didn't even bother to clean it up straight away. But then later on we learn he wasn't always so bad, but only on the first day of school. Obviously high school corrupted him in some way. Is this a social commentary on the corruption of youth? Nope. It's just the school. But in school love shacks are the least of it's problems. Is this place called Lewd High?

So the main plot of this episode is that M.C.Dick is told his "girlfriend" knows he's a dick but apparently he's not to blame because he has dickingitis and is suffering. And when you think he has cottoned on to the fact he's dick you realise he isn't talking about the torment he is putting two girls in, but the fact he can't control his boner in public.

I was right to consider the friend of "best" girl not a yuri because now she suddenly has feelings for M.C.Dick. There must be something in the water or it's the fact other pupils look like grown men. And of course she is caught because it wouldn't make for a good cliffhanger otherwise. And even if it can be explained in a civil manner I doubt it will go in that direction. Oh and if you thought that was pulled out of someone's arse at the last minute she's also moving to France. She's obviously been reading too many stereotypical French jokes in preparation and thinks they really are all rude and condescending which would explain her behaviour.

Oh I see you have seen the show hit rock bottom and now its beginning to dig.

Those faces look pretty Joshiraku.

Not really. Don't insult my Joshiraku like that :(

Which song?

Kokuhaku from Angela Aki.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbVls0Qs_9I&feature=related

From the new world ep1

+cute caterpillar
+sounds like it could have some potential to get interesting too bad am not naive enough take that gamble and watch more.

It amazes me that you are the highest compatibility with my MAL. Which goes to show how full of shit MAL is I suppose.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I meant the entire franchise. I'm of the opinion that Kikuchi's work captures the essence of adventure and whimsicality of the setting and the characters far better than Faulconer's work, and that even the action pieces convey a sense of grandeur that is not matched by the buttrock.

But I may be biased. We got the original soundtrack in Mexico so that's what I grew up with.

kayos90

It gets even better :D
Also that ED is totally infectious isnt it? Earworm central.

Oh I see you have seen the show hit rock bottom and now its beginning to dig.

Not really. Don't insult my Joshiraku like that :(

Kokuhaku from Angela Aki.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbVls0Qs_9I&feature=related

It amazes me that you are the highest compatibility with my MAL. Which goes to show how full of shit MAL is I suppose.

Cajun is slowly becoming more explicit with his word usage. Hm....

Narag

I meant the entire franchise. I'm of the opinion that Kikuchi's work captures the essence of adventure and whimsicality of the setting and the characters far better than Faulconer's work, and that even the action pieces convey a sense of grandeur that is not matched by the buttrock.

But I may be biased. We got the original soundtrack in Mexico so that's what I grew up with.

Original is better. I heard it long after the US stuff and was floored by how well it fit.

Nafe

They would accuse them of rehashing Heartcatch scenarios

Not really spoilers probably but whatever just in case...

I haven't seen Heartcatch yet but I meant runway shows often have music accompanying them, as Reika even mentioned selecting BGM, so it should have been obvious to the girls from the start that
Toyoshima and his friends could have stayed as their band and been the ones to play the music for the fashion show, while everyone was on stage or going down a runway or whatever and the band could still dress up themselves. This looks like exactly what they decided on in the end.

By your comment I guess in Heartcatch the class or at least the girls
play in a band on stage then?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Or you know you aren't being honest with yourself. It's not a problem with MAL.

My top 3:

1) Cajunator
2) CWarrior
3) Hitokage

Make your own judgments!

I'll probably drop the show myself if the next few episodes take the same path as episode 2, that was an absolute chore to watch until the last 5 minutes or so. Really disappointing compared to the first episode

cajunator

Banned
Cajun is slowly becoming more explicit with his word usage. Hm....

Actually not really. I have always been a foul mouthed person. I'm not proud of it. Its just how I am though.

My top 3:

1) Cajunator
2) CWarrior
3) Hitokage

Make your own judgments!

I'll probably drop the show myself if the next few episodes take the same path as episode 2, that was an absolute chore to watch until the last 5 minutes or so. Really disappointing compared to the first episode

We're like bros :D

wonzo

Banned
Girls und Panzer 1

Yeah, like what is up with your terrible half glasses getup, what safety precautions are taken w/r/t girls playing in murderous tools of warfare and
why the fuck are they on a massive battleship with fucking mountains on it????
Thank god for motion blur otherwise the CG at the beginning would've been far less tolerable than it was. I'll probably keep on watching just to see how far out there this incredibly high concept show goes.

sleepykyo

My top 3:

1) Cajunator
2) CWarrior
3) Hitokage

Make your own judgments!

Despite Hitokage's avatar, he is one of the monocle crowd last I checked. So you're fine.

Dresden

Girls und Panzer 1

Yeah, like what is up with your terrible half glasses getup, what safety precautions are taken w/r/t girls playing in murderous tools of warfare and
Thank god for motion blur otherwise the CG at the beginning would've been far less tolerable than it was. I'll probably keep on watching just to see how far out there this incredibly high concept show goes.

What the fuck is up with her glasses? I don't remember those girls from what I've read of the manga. Show ruined. Dropped before I even dropped it.

Mecha

Girls und Panzer 1

This is going to be big in the anime world, next Fall season is going to be filled with half glasses girls.

Nafe

Half-glasses are the new monocle.

I haven't seen the show but in one of the PVs there was a girl on team hippo who had one eye closed all the time too. No eye-patch or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom