• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penguindrum 17

Second OP has grown on me, I really like the concluding half of it.
Tabuki was the last one I expected to actually want to do bad things to Himari, Kanba, and Shouma. Hope she can actually get out of the trouble or Kanba comes and saves her

Nisemonogatari 9 - 10

I was glad to see
Kaiki!
and was confused
Araragi's sister is a fake?
. I liked the whole rock papers scissors thing and
sister getting blasted in half

Ixion Saga DT 1

Really, another shitty gamer dude entering a fantasy world? Shit I need to finish up the last 2 eps of dog days s2.

At least there was some humor.... barely.

ZETSUEN NO TEMPEST
fzMp6l.jpg
Very strong first episode IMO

Can't wait to see the rest ..clearly an anime i'll follow this season...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Jormungand Perfect Order 01 (aka ep 13)
iSATfkP1R9oV4.jpg

It's back!

Was pretty much a recap episode on some of the important stuff that happened at the end of the first season. Aside from the recap they gave a clue as to what's going to happen next (show is going to focus on the CIA and Hex it seems). Started off kinda "meh" but the episode picked up towards the end after they got passed most of the recap stuff. I'm not going to bother critiquing the animation unless something pops up that's godawful, everything that was shown was fine in my book (looks the same as season one).

New opening isn't great but the new ending theme is hella good. Really looking forward to next weeks episode.

Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Well-directed, well-animated, good layouts, good art - everything you'd expect from a modern KyoAni production. (Still doesn't look as good as Hyouka, of course.) I really liked how it depicted Kyon's growing realization of how his world changed. There were a lot of nice character moments as well, such as Kyon encountering normal Haruhi, and everything with normal Nagato, who has to be the best character in the franchise. She didn't speak much, but all the attention paid to her expressions and movements really made her come alive. I really sympathized for her.
Can't help but think Kyon made the wrong choice.

The pacing is kind of wack, though. The film as a whole is slow paced, but I was perfectly fine with that up until
Kyon pressed Enter
. That felt like the climax, yet there was still an hour to go! From then on the story leaned heavily on the science-fiction side of the franchise, and ironically that's just not too interesting, with its jargon and whatnot. The method of resolution was convoluted - I suppose that comes with the territory of time travel, but still. Even more needlessly convoluted was the rich with visual metaphor inner decision monologue from Kyon. I like hearing Tomokazu Sugita's voice, but to hear him beat to death what was obvious from the start was a bit much. Was the script taken word-for-word from the novel? Because it sure felt like it. No concessions were made to structure it into something that worked as a film.

I did like it overall, but in the end it settles for pretty good film when it could have been great had its makers exercised a little restraint.

Jormungand Perfect Order 1

The new OP Under/Shaft is not as good as Borderland for the first half of this franchise. THe new ED though is awesome (and its even animated) and the song is good. I also like how the anime has some new music tracks (one vocal track played during the episode, need to learn the lyrics).

Plotwise I like it already, the R, Hex, Undershaft plots are all interesting and hopefully all three serve as the focus point this season, S1 felt really unfocused and just various random exploits but if everything ties together for something big then that will be entertaining.
was shocked that SHE was Hex

I was so glad they didnt ride that experience to its conclusion
Hex didnt need to throw off her shirt and let the man all into her like that just for information, and the awkward smile he formed. Not what I want in my anime

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Jormungand Perfect Order 1

The scene between Hex and the merchant was pretty stupid. He goes from being terrified of her, to motorboating her, and then back to being terrified all within like, 30 seconds. It didn't feel like it played out right, the guy was practically shitting his pants when she walked in but then he's suddenly alright samplin somma dem sandbags.

Branduil

It's probably actually sadder when
Kyon points a gun at her for reasons she can't understand and then he gets stabbed in front of her eyes with his blood splattering everywhere.

Jex

Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

I did like it overall, but in the end it settles for pretty good film when it could have been great had its makers exercised a little restraint.

KyoAni just felt guilty after the whole Endless Eight debacle and clearly thought it would be best to make the movie as long as possible to make up for all the time they had wasted!

Naruto SD 28

What does this image even suggest?

Uh, cool that they finally decided to change up the episode title motions. First story wasn't bad as it was more about poor Hinata and her never ending quest of liking the wrong boy. Second story was meh.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
From the New World 2

Something happen next episode please, please let something happen in the next episode!! THE DAM PLOT ISN"T PROGRESSING!

Jojo's Gentleman Adventure

I already read the manga, but the show still managed to be pretty refreshing.

It is now okay for every other show to suck this season, screw wincest, doll joint, and panties;

I now too strive to be a true gentleman!

Are they really 12 years old? That's not how a 12 years old suppose to looks like, I know how Japan like to Loli-fy everything, but this is first time an anime de-loli-fy their character.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
KyoAni just felt guilty after the whole Endless Eight debacle and clearly thought it would be best to make the movie as long as possible to make up for all the time they had wasted!
The irony.

Jex

You know, the actual Kirito-Asuna dynamic is just about the only passable aspect of the show. Wish fulfillment or no, their interactions once their in an actual relationship are handled far better than most other animes that attempt a relationship. They never pull back established progress to create drama which is a common pitfall writers fall into when writing relationships and even though they're a bit overboard on the lovey dovey it's forgivable considering their age.

I feel that's setting the bar extremely low and then applauding the show for clearing it. The reason that their relationship progresses so smoothly is because of the wish fulfilment element. While it's certainly true that many other shows do relationships badly there failures do not somehow excuse Sword Art Online.

duckroll

After thinking long and hard, I finally realized who Haru in My Litter Monster reminds me so much of. It is none other than Morita from Honey and Clover. Haru is much more crass and violent, but I think there are many similarities in the characters - they're both weird, have strange (and somewhat unpleasant) ways of showing their affection, don't attend classes, born geniuses, extremely capable at anything they actually put their mind to, etc.

I'm glad I finally have this load off my chest. It was really bothering me but I couldn't put my finger on it! Whew.

Narag

It's time!

Glass Fleet 15

This fucking show. I've never seen a cheaper piece of tv anime what with all the stills, terrible art, terrible animation, and conversations held without mouths moving. Everything in this episode makes the previous 14 seem like high art too. Shit happens but why? Who knows?? Who cares?! Gonzo sure as fuck didn't.
dskeVl.png

k6PN0l.png

I figure the animation director died or something and they just went forward without in memory of him. Second screen is directly after the first and it's just so inconsistent.

qVllkl.png

Seriously.

ABelTl.png

yczTOl.png

High quality action scenes are the name of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom