• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It gets pretty silly.

The girls shoot up walls, signs, etc and it is permanent. The teacher gets fatally wounded at one point, but regenerates because it is humans that kill each other, not guns.

PEOPLE DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED. That's what I feel like I just read.

Grzi

Code:Breaker 01

This is some seriously blatant female wish-fulfillment. Sakura's beautiful, popular, athletic, has excellent grades, and she gets to date a cool, mysterious, superpowered bishie?

He's still a poor man's Rin from Blue Exorcist, who in turn is a poor man's every shounen protagonist ever.

sleepykyo

[The Cockpit]

I'll summarise the salient plot points:

It's about a Japanese fighter pilot during WWII. In this version of history Japan invents the atomic bomb first but won't use it because only a 'devil' would use such a weapon. Our hero heroically kills himself to destroy the bomb before it can be used for any ill purposes.

Wow. Did they make a follow up where Japanese soldiers were peace-keepers in Nanking?

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Geneijin

Well, at least we'll get to see it before Hyouge Mono!
ibrM4MJE6O39CK.png

Kurita

Magi 1

Great episode, animations and music were good. I like how they kept the "blank faces" of the manga.

But, IIRC, Alibaba didn't show the labyrinth to Aladin right away in the manga.
They even joke about it when they see that's it's right in front of them.

Emitan

Sora no Woto 4

mamaqwux8.png

I'm jealous.

dolphinwqsvp.png

What is it with girls and dolphins?

As poor as her playing is, Kanata's playing was pretty improved at the beginning of this episode. Glad Noel finally gets some screen time where she's not a part of the scenery.

Uh oh, someone's angry at soldiers. Will Kanata have to confront the harshness of the world or just hang around being moé beyond all belief?

And she's completely unfazed! This glass factory is pretty cool. Always been fascinated watching people shape glass.

Trumpets are like blowing glass! And suddenly she can play! ;~;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sora no Woto 4

As poor as her playing is, Kanata's playing was pretty improved at the beginning of this episode. Glad Noel finally gets some screen time where she's not a part of the scenery.

Uh oh, someone's angry at soldiers. Will Kanata have to confront the harshness of the world or just hang around being moé beyond all belief?

And she's completely unfazed! This glass factory is pretty cool. Always been fascinated watching people shape glass.

Trumpets are like blowing glass! And suddenly she can play! ;~;

Because of the glass factory, this is probably as close as this show gets to being like Aria. lol

Although there is much more :firehawk to come!

Emitan

I'm such a crybaby. The ending left me in tears because I was happy ;~;

But music is very emotional to me and I cry a lot when I listen to it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
School Days 8

jjk0X.jpg

If they're all out here who is manning the stand?

Strange episode where they decided to hit certain plot bullet points spontaneously about a nonsensical festival episode.

While you'd think there's no possible way for our MC to get any worse, he did. Yes my friends, he spilt tea and didn't even bother to clean it up straight away. But then later on we learn he wasn't always so bad, but only on the first day of school. Obviously high school corrupted him in some way. Is this a social commentary on the corruption of youth? Nope. It's just the school. But in school love shacks are the least of it's problems. Is this place called Lewd High?

So the main plot of this episode is that M.C.Dick is told his "girlfriend" knows he's a dick but apparently he's not to blame because he has dickingitis and is suffering. And when you think he has cottoned on to the fact he's dick you realise he isn't talking about the torment he is putting two girls in, but the fact he can't control his boner in public.

I was right to consider the friend of "best" girl not a yuri because now she suddenly has feelings for M.C.Dick. There must be something in the water or it's the fact other pupils look like grown men. And of course she is caught because it wouldn't make for a good cliffhanger otherwise. And even if it can be explained in a civil manner I doubt it will go in that direction. Oh and if you thought that was pulled out of someone's arse at the last minute she's also moving to France. She's obviously been reading too many stereotypical French jokes in preparation and thinks they really are all rude and condescending which would explain her behaviour.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kaibatsu 2:
Kami-sama 2 is really going to have to knock it out of the park to compete with Kaibatsu for Best Shoujo of Fall 2012.

BluWacky

Kaibatsu 2:
Kami-sama 2 is really going to have to knock it out of the park to compete with Kaibatsu for Best Shoujo of Fall 2012.

(Kami-sama 2 spoilers)

Kami-sama has an ostrich. Is an ostrich better than a chicken? You be the judge.

Haly

(Kami-sama 2 spoilers)

Kami-sama has an ostrich. Is an ostrich better than a chicken? You be the judge.
That is completely irrelevant to the overall quality of the show.

Chickens are tasty. I vote chicken.
You know, it's interesting how many top-tier anime composers are women, compared to other positions. I wonder why that is.
All the men are doing real composing, hurr durr.

Jex

School Days 8

Strange episode where they decided to hit certain plot bullet points spontaneously about a nonsensical festival episode[...]

It says a lot about this series that I really can't really remember any details about the show, only my own feelings towards the work.

sleepykyo

It says a lot about this series that I really can't really remember any details about the show, only my own feelings towards the work.

Yeah, I notice that with most works I either remember or forget them, with anime though I seem to have a lot of I don't remember the details but I remember disliking it. Only other time, I recall so much repression was taking Human Sexuality 330 and getting to the

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Notice how best girl has become "best" girl. I'm loving this.

Technically I called her that from the beginning (well episode 3, but that was the first time I used the term) and I predicted the main situation from episode 2 (or 1, I can't remember since I didn't really have much to say about the first episode).

But I will concede my opinion of her has plummeted and the original reason for calling her "best" girl was because I hadn't seen all the other girls shown in the OP.

jman2050

School Days 8

Strange episode where they decided to hit certain plot bullet points spontaneously about a nonsensical festival episode.

While you'd think there's no possible way for our MC to get any worse, he did. Yes my friends, he spilt tea and didn't even bother to clean it up straight away. But then later on we learn he wasn't always so bad, but only on the first day of school. Obviously high school corrupted him in some way. Is this a social commentary on the corruption of youth? Nope. It's just the school. But in school love shacks are the least of it's problems. Is this place called Lewd High?

So the main plot of this episode is that M.C.Dick is told his "girlfriend" knows he's a dick but apparently he's not to blame because he has dickingitis and is suffering. And when you think he has cottoned on to the fact he's dick you realise he isn't talking about the torment he is putting two girls in, but the fact he can't control his boner in public.

I was right to consider the friend of "best" girl not a yuri because now she suddenly has feelings for M.C.Dick. There must be something in the water or it's the fact other pupils look like grown men. And of course she is caught because it wouldn't make for a good cliffhanger otherwise. And even if it can be explained in a civil manner I doubt it will go in that direction. Oh and if you thought that was pulled out of someone's arse at the last minute she's also moving to France. She's obviously been reading too many stereotypical French jokes in preparation and thinks they really are all rude and condescending which would explain her behaviour.

I'm enjoying this far too much.

Nafe

Sailor Moon S 92

http://i.imgur.com/GJrAz.gif[IMG]

This episode was supposed to be about Haruka but all I saw was Minako showing off and being the best sailor. Minako + Usagi is the best combo EVER.[/QUOTE]

Ha! That gif of Minako I just posted back on page 203 was from this very episode! That's kind of an interesting coincidence in timing. It's good to see more people watching the show and I agree that Minako and Usagi's antics in this episode were really great.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised [B]Hitokage[/B] hasn't made an official [B]Sailor Moon[/B] Community thread yet. Although I wonder how many people here like the show?

Jex

Ha! That gif of Minako I just posted back on page 203 was from this very episode! That's kind of an interesting coincidence in timing. It's good to see more people watching the show and I agree that Minako and Usagi's antics in this episode were really great.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised Hitokage hasn't made an official Sailor Moon Community thread yet. Although I wonder how many people here like the show?

I imagine it has more fans than the vast majority of anime we discuss in this topic.

Technically I called her that from the beginning (well episode 3, but that was the first time I used the term) and I predicted the main situation from episode 2 (or 1, I can't remember since I didn't really have much to say about the first episode).

But I will concede my opinion of her has plummeted and the original reason for calling her "best" girl was because I hadn't seen all the other girls shown in the OP.
Don't do this to me, BGBW. I already sent in the order for your Team Sekai shirt.

Haly

As someone who doesn't really like romance anime, School Days sounds like the most awful, infuriating thing imaginable.
It is quite the opposite.

Anyone can enjoy School Days.

Tonight's only premiere is the second season of Jormungand, which Funimation is delaycasting.

Tomorrow is just Medaka season 2, which is a Crunchyroll delaycast.

My excitement for Thursday has been tempered by the Funimation streaming announcements of both noitaminA shows, Robotics;Notes and Psycho-Pass . While I'm thrilled they've been picked up, I'm in the UK so I probably can't watch them.

I didnt realize Jormungand 2 started today, or whatever thought it was still days away.

With R:N on friday, guess I have two friday anime (that and Fairy Tail), so no day of the week is dead (simulcast wise), thanks to delaycasts...with what Im following.

He's still a poor man's Rin from Blue Exorcist, who in turn is a poor man's every shounen protagonist ever.

Ability-wise maybe, but personality-wise, he's a poor man's Light Yagami. Only difference is he's portrayed as "not that bad" and redeemable despite doing shit that is arguably much worse (based on what we see, not on what's implied). Pretty fucked up female wish fulfillment to get with that guy I'd say. But I wouldn't really expect much less from the woman that did Samurai Deeper Kyo.

Metrotab

Banned
Yeah I love the winter setting, how's the VN? I'm watching KyoAni version indeed.

The character art style is quaint and off-setting at first, but after a while you completely forget about it. And it's kinda cute at times.
The background design, although minimalistic, works really well. Gives off a nice wintery small town vibe, like I said.
Music is wonderful, both the cheery catchy tunes as the dramatic pieces.
Translation is very fluent, with small imbedded tool tips to explain the more exotic words (mostly food).
And the story gives me more a feeling of a collection of fairy tales rather than romantic drama.

When looking around the Internet, Kanon seems to be pretty much ignored in favor of Clannad (and now recently Little Busters), which I think is a shame because it has this nice, cozy atmosphere about it. I always recommend it when I get the chance, and I've heard the anime is a decent-to-good adaptation too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom