• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Every time I read Akane I think of:
iQlKAMd6QAWUJ.gif

Wait...are you a Galaxy Angel fan?
I most certainly am .. want to see my high scores for the various games ? :p
Games, animes, manga, drama disc i enjoyed them all .
( except galaxy angel rune)

I'm seriously laughing here ...

Robotics;Notes 1

DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE WIKIPEDIA ENTRY FOR THIS SHOW, it has massive spoilers in the character descriptions as I have just discovered while checking names :(

This was kind of dull IMO. I don't understand why the male lead even likes the female lead, nor why the show seems focused around him. She's the one who does absolutely everything, while he farts around with his fancy tablet playing fighting games and pretending she's dressed up like a catgirl. Unfortunately, she's... a little overenthusiastic for my tastes, but I'm sure other people will find her enthusiasm for the RoboClub and general personality endearing.

There's lots of background setup for the story but it's not as immediately "weird" as the previous Science Adventure titles were - until the very end of the episode, where it takes a big tonal shift
with the mysterious little girl holding a feather being all WHOSE ARE THOSE EYES - it's kind of irritating really

With that said, I think the whole premise of the show - building a giant robot at school to take part in a robotics championship - is kind of interesting. I will probably watch more of the show, but I don't have particularly high hopes for it. It's definitely newtaminA.

Production values are good but not great; it reminds me of Toshokan Sensou's flat-but-bright look overall. Mecha animation is a combination of good 2D and good CG so it's no Gyrozetter ED. Music is, once again, very VN-esque; I'm rather disappointed that the OP has such a great chorus when the rest of it is a bit lame :(

Game was very good .
i still prefer stein's gate but i think many will be surprised by what they have in store this time.
I'll second this warning , given the timeline of events, looking for more infos is a sure way to get spoilers...

cajunator

Banned
I most certainly are .. want to see my high scores for the various games ? :p
Games, animes, manga, drama disc i enjoyed them all .
( except galaxy angel rune)

I'm seriously laughing here ...

Game was very good .
i still prefer stein's gate but i think many will be surprised by what they have in store this time.

I agree! I have the whole Galaxy angel collection except for Rune lol.
Fuck Rune.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Maybe Psycho Pass will morph into YuruYuri S3, and in the next episode they'll have to track down Kyoko, who's wanted for future crimes but was actually framed by Chinatsu so she'll have Yui all to herself.

That, or we can have Yayoi pet/nuzzle Akane while she's sleeping.

And all the males can die horrible deaths so the focus will always be on them. :D

I agree! I have the whole Galaxy angel collection except for Rune lol.
Fuck Rune.

Why did rune was so bad ? to this day i haven't found the answer to this question ...The original GA animes didn't follow the games but at least had something on their own ..

Rune has nothing ..

So glad someone here is a GA Fan too ...

cajunator

Banned
Why did rune was so bad ? to this day i haven't found the answer to this question ...The original GA animes didn't follow the games but at least had something on their own ..

Rune has nothing ..

So glad someone here is a GA Fan too ...

Rune is just stupid loli panderbait I guess. Its nothingl ike the other Galaxy angel series.
Galaxy angel, A, AA, S, X, Z are all good though. Such a cute show although I think it might not be so popular with Gaf because everyone has Keyface and absolutely gigantic eyes.
But who cares? Mint is adorable, Ranpha is crazy, Forte is badass, Milfeuille is a lucky lady, and Vanilla is....fucking strange lol. Then you have the new girl from the later series. Man so much fun.

Geneijin

K - 02

Such a waste of potential. The preview for Episode 2 last week already indicated the conclusion to this would be uneventful, but who thought it was a good idea not to have condensed these two episodes into 1 instead? I had my suspicions with the way the skateboarding scenes were included in Episode 1 because it demonstrated a lack of forethought with the direction of the story and poor storyboarding, but with the advent of
Neko's emergence into a mainstay in the cast,
I have little idea what they actually want the audience to be interested in anymore. They've wasted an entire episode on forcing
a relationship between Kuroh and Shiro
in the least amusing way possible. I won't be expecting a decent answer to their mutual agreement.

Defuser

Psycho pass nitpick time.

When Shinya kick that dude down and the dude 'slide' off the buildimg, shouldn't shinya's gun be pointing at a lower angle instead of a straight 90 degree?

cajunator

Banned
This one's for you cajun:

Also this:

B-But Motohiro's peers said that Madoka surpassed Evangelion, and that he was surprised there was a person who could write such work!

NIce! I have to check out Pandashow. It looks great.

Madoka is one of my top ten favorite anime so I definitely would put it above Eva personally, though most probably wouldnt. It turned out to be very very good.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yeah but the guy was still explaining the entire "Psycho-Hazard" process while in the elevator. It's like he's talking to himself. There were definitely some silliness in the dialogue with Akane throughout ep1. They really took the "rookie n00b's first day on the job" to the extreme. It makes her seem incapable and weak, despite her being presented as someone who is apparently super-elite.

I don't really care too much though, since COOL GUYS + COOL GUNS + JACKETS AND SUITS + RAIN + VIOLENCE = KICKASS. :)

I personally wasn't bothered by
Akane's seemingly newfound moral conflict
in spite of her supposed foreknowledge on the subject in question. There's a vast gulf between theoretical and practical experience with any subject, and most especially anything concerning human life. It's no different from a newly-minted policeman or soldier who's unblinkingly poured thousands of bullets into practice targets but has an actual living, breathing human in their crosshairs for the first time--even if you have encyclopedic knowledge of your occupation's practices and total faith in the values of the society that you're trying to defend, someone with any shred of moral complexity is going to have jitters the first time that they have to pull the trigger.

And sometimes, I suppose, those first experiences become something transformative instead of something to merely "get over". A few veterans become antiwar activists. A few policemen may petition for nonlethal weaponry or more leniency in some nonviolent offenses.
Akane's just going to be the one to be permanently impacted by her early firsthand experiences with the Sibyl system. And really, we don't know just how much opposition to the system there is in Psycho-Pass's society yet. The man targeted for elimination in this episode certainly seemed to find it ludicrous--for all we know yet, this could be the prevailing notion among citizens and the only reason that the system continues to persist is due to the existing concentration of power within the ranks of law enforcement. I suspect that if the Sibyl system was commonly agreed by most people in society to be beneficial, the society wouldn't look so overtly dystopian.

cjkeats

Toradora! Ep 1

Holy shit. Guys. You guys. Listen. I'm in love.
I managed to get this locked and loaded today and to watch while I wait to return to real internet to catch up with Chuuibyou and the others.

Now here's a show that got me hook line and sinker in the first episode. Askia is adorable, and Ryuuji is likable enough, typical everyman hopelessly lost in love like many of us were in High School.

RNR9t.jpg

I know that feel, man.

Ykk5I.jpg

I want to squish it's cheeks so hard.

I can see great things coming from this show. The situation they are in is perfect for the kind of shenanigans I like from my anime. Of course it'll probably end with the two of them realizing they are in love with each other and living happily ever after, but it's not the destination it's the journey, right guys? Don't stop believing.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Blast of Tempest 01

The dialogue in this show is so overwrought, and for all the fantastic things going on in the plot the script sure did everything to make it seem banal and boring and trite and shite.
I wanna hate Bones for that, but I can't deny it looked pretty --and when the action finally happened it had a sense of weight that's sorely lacking in most anime.

So, another Bones show in every sense of the word.
Toradora! Ep 1

Holy shit. Guys. You guys. Listen. I'm in love.
Hey guys. Guys.

cjkeats knows his shit

Blast of Tempest 01

The dialogue in this show is so overwrought, and for all the fantastic things going on in the plot the script sure did everything to make it seem banal and boring and trite and shite.
I wanna hate Bones for that, but I can't deny it looked pretty --and when the action finally happened it had a sense of weight that's sorely lacking in most anime.

So, another Bones show in every sense of the word.

If you want someone to hate for the writing, you should be hating the manga author.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom