• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
You know, this is the first time I've seen you use foul language like this.

:( My impression of you has been shattered forever.

I dont know how you have missed the other thousand times I have used foul language. I will admit it is one of my greatest character flaws. I am known for it. And youre right, its not cute and I apologize if its offensive.

It could be because 95% of everything that happens in the Accel World real world scenes are inconsequential events. There's nothing at stake, while in Sword Art Online things could theoretically get interesting suddenly (even if they almost never do).

This is the only thing SAO has going for it. the circumstances do mean that death is a real danger in this show, whereas in AW dying in game would just kick you out of the game forever. The stakes werent as high. However, SAO hasnt really done a lot with that possibility
aside from Sachi :(

Also, when I talk about emotional anime, Im referring to a lot more than Keyshit. Keyshit is still manufactured emotion, whereas a show like (again Ill bring it up because its so damned good) Madoka Magica sincerely made you feel something about its characters and the struggles they went through. you really cared about those girls and wanted them to have a good end. Thats what made it work. I seriously couldn't care less if Asuna or Kirito died in SAO.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Surely that can't be right, because saying nothing at all would involve an absence of any kind of content, where as saying "a defined character with a personality" is clearly more than nothing, by its very definition.

Yes, but that doesn't mean he's a good character. Or interesting. Or compelling. It really means nothing at all to say someone is a defined character with a personality.

There is a huge difference between saying something, and something having meaning. The concepts are entirely different. There really is no overlap in what I said, and your reply.

Thoraxes

I genuinely wish that I could rationalize more things this easily. It would certainly improve my viewing experience for a lot of stuff.

Alien space politics sounds about right. I mean,
dude's a (presumably popular) autocrat with the loyalty of a vast military
, I'd be crazy to think that
he'd actually get punished for anything even if he deserved it

That was basically it. I just figured since they had a royal family, I just rationalized it all because of what you said.

Thoraxes

Unless it turns out that (AB spoilers)
everyone in SAO is already dead and are just living out their MMO fantasies in a giant Lotus Eater Server Machine and Asuna is drawn to Kirito because she has his spleen inside of her
SAO will never be worse than Angel Beats.
I don't know if i'm ashamed of myself that I actually understood all of this.

cajunator

Banned
Unless it turns out that (AB spoilers)
everyone in SAO is already dead and are just living out their MMO fantasies in a giant Lotus Eater Server Machine and Asuna is drawn to Kirito because she has his spleen inside of her
SAO will never be worse than Angel Beats.

Shades of Yami to Boshi right here.
That would potentially make SAO pretty awesome in a trollgenius kind of way.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I dont know how you have missed the other thousand times I have used foul language. I will admit it is one of my greatest character flaws. I am known for it. And youre right, its not cute and I apologize if its offensive.
FUCK PISS COCK WANK CRAP DUNG SHITTINGDICKNIPPLES

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

This is the only thing SAO has going for it. the circumstances do mean that death is a real danger in this show, whereas in AW dying in game would just kick you out of the game forever. The stakes werent as high. However, SAO hasnt really done a lot with that possibility
aside from Sachi :(

Also, when I talk about emotional anime, Im referring to a lot more than Keyshit. Keyshit is still manufactured emotion, whereas a show like (again Ill bring it up because its so damned good) Madoka Magica sincerely made you feel something about its characters and the struggles they went through. you really cared about those girls and wanted them to have a good end. Thats what made it work. I seriously couldn't care less if Asuna or Kirito died in SAO.

You are who you are.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
FUCK PISS COCK WANK CRAP DUNG SHITTINGDICKNIPPLES

8Rmzr.jpg

Thoraxes

I especially love you.

Damn it. Come on...
Seriously... can we stop the gifs....

Jouaa.gif

Kayos is snail, rest of animeGAF posse is Araragi
Dat... smile.
http://i.imgur.com/eGUWz.gif

The fun part about this particular gif is that I am the original creator of this particular one. I only know cause of the resolution I always use for most of mine lol

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Jouaa.gif

Kayos is snail, rest of animeGAF posse is Araragi

Dat... smile.

The fun part about this particular gif is that I am the original creator of this particular one. I only know cause of the resolution I always use for most of mine lol

I know, I searched your post history for it since I wasn't able to find it. :p

-Minsc-

Eureka 7 AO

What's left, two more episodes? I haven't watched the show since it came back from the Olympic hiatus. My plan is to soak the remainder in with a marathon.

Maedhros

See what I said? I just prefer not really discussing SAO anywhere. It's like /a/ here, except the anonymous thing... hell, I even think that some guys here are the same guys posting there too.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
See what I said? I just prefer not really discussing SAO anywhere. It's like /a/ here, except the anonymous thing... hell, I even think that some guys here are the same guys posting there too.
Well, you could try to start discussion on anything else. What anime are you watching right now?
Hey fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuck your opinion.
YOU CAN'T HIDE THE TRUTH MR. NOT-LOHENGRAMM-SAMA

Branduil

Oh, and I like how the show relates Kirito's motivation in this episode back to the real world, where's it revealed he feels guilty for something he did to his sister... only it's not his fault at all. This freaking show. I don't even need to say anything about the silly ending. So Gary Stu it hurts.

jbug617

Banned
Area No Kishi 37

Really didn't like how they ended the series. It just seemed like a regular episode and really had no closure (
they teased the rematch with Yoin and that's it. You really don't see the new improved Kakeru like they have been hinting at.
)

It's nothing wrong with them ending there but they should of done it like they did with Kuroko no Basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom