• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Area No Kishi 37

Really didn't like how they ended the series. It just seemed like a regular episode and really had no closure (
they teased the rematch with Yoin and that's it. You really don't see the new improved Kakeru like they have been hinting at.
)

It's nothing wrong with them ending there but they should of done it like they did with Kuroko no Basket.

I think it is an odd point, I mean, arent they litrally at the start of the new tournament.

Though I still need to see this episode.

Articalys

Incoming news from Sentai's industry panel at AWA:
North American anime licensing company Sentai Filmworks announced at its Anime Weekend Atlanta panel on Friday that it has licensed the Fate/stay night television anime series.

Sentai Filmworks will release Fate/stay night Collection 1 on Blu-ray Disc in January. The company previously released the Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works anime film on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in June.

Funimation released a Fate/stay night anime series box in 2009 as one of its first anime DVDs from its distribution deal with Geneon Entertainment. Tokyopop published 11 volumes of Datto Nishiwaki's manga version in North America before its North American branch shut down in May 2011.

Sentai Filmworks also revealed the details for its other January releases at the panel. The company will release Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion on Blu-ray Disc and DVD, and the release will include the theatrical edition and the director's cut edition. The company will also release Bodacious Space Pirates on Blu-ray Disc and DVD with an English dub. Additionally, the company will release Saiyuki Gaiden on DVD in January, and the release will include an English dub with the original ADV Films dub cast.

Sentai Filmworks will also release the second half of the Persona 4 The Animation television anime series on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in January. Similarly to the release of the first half of the series, the Blu-ray Disc release will omit the original Japanese audio track.
Additionally, they're going to dub Medaka Box, and they picked up DVD rights for Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate.
"No comment" on anything about a rescue/rerelease for season 1 of K-On.
Another "no comment" on any potential plans for The Idolmaster.
Don't have Wolf Children.
"No comment" for Hyouka as well. (sorry for earlier mixup)
They have the rights for all the music in Kids on the Slope, so no problems there.

cajunator

Banned
IS5Pr.gif

You're turning into a regular K-oniac.

That's a lot of pages to catch up on. I'll go ahead and blame SAO preemptively.

Actually. Yes. that's exactly what we've been discussing. How did you guess?

Yall are fucking crazy. That's what yall are. CRAZY!!!

that goes without saying, Kayos-kun.

Hey, fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuck your opinion.

fA8vC.jpg

This would make a good avatar. Hmm....

Nah he's right. FPS games suck.

Incoming news from Sentai's industry panel at AWA:

Additionally, they're going to dub Medaka Box, and they picked up DVD rights for Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate.
"No comment" on anything about a rescue/rerelease for season 1 of K-On.

Guess Ill get FSN, hope it tops F/Z.
Additionally, I guess Ill get Bodacious Space Pirates, Persona set 2.

And am glad Medaka Box dub, and I guess that Koi to Senkyo To Chocolate will be released (hope it gets a dub even if dvd only(?))

No update on Another?

Narag

Kara no Kyoukai 4

Huh, that seemed like a waste of a movie. I definitely learned a lot about the world and so much about the previous three make sense in hindsight now but this could as easily been a part of the second movie and things would have been fine.
Badass magus guy at the end connecting stuff has my interest though.

The preview for the next movie looks fuckawesome.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Hyouka 1-6

This show has good animewatch. Perhaps the best of any KyoAni series? And I'm not even to that arc that everyone raves about yet! I even thought episode six was good. People criticize it for being especially "bad" (read: inconsequential) right after that awesome arc, but I felt like that was the point. It was a transitory episode, and allowed us to spend more time with the characters (who are actually characters, a rare feat in anime) and their personalities, specifically their tempers. The mystery was secondary.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hyouka 1-6

This show has good animewatch. Perhaps the best of any KyoAni series? And I'm not even to that arc that everyone raves about yet! I even thought episode six was good. People criticize it for being especially "bad" (read: inconsequential) right after that awesome arc, but I felt like that was the point. It was a transitory episode, and allowed us to spend more time with the characters (who are actually characters, a rare feat in anime) and their personalities, specifically their tempers. The mystery was secondary.
I don't like you anymore.

cajunator

Banned
Guess Ill get FSN, hope it tops F/Z.
Additionally, I guess Ill get Bodacious Space Pirates, Persona set 2.

And am glad Medaka Box dub, and I guess that Koi to Senkyo To Chocolate will be released (hope it gets a dub even if dvd only(?))

No update on Another?

Fate Zero is WAY better than FSN. Then again, knowing you, I have no idea what you'd think of it. In terms of action, FZ was better. In terms of character design, FZ was better. In terms of likeable girl characters, I think they are about tied. but in terms ofl ikeable guy characters,...stick with FZ. Shirou is a fucking idiot and the other male characters are a shadow of their FZ counterparts. Oh yeah and Rider is a woman in FSN.

I'm DEFINITELY gonna buy Bodacious space Pirates though. SO EXCITED!

wonzo

Banned
Hyouka 1-6

It wasn't so much that episode 6 was bad, it's just the weakest episode of the series. The festival arc starts at episode 12.

sonicmj1

Eureka 7 AO 22

I knew they'd pull some stunt like this.

ibgJGBdo6R2qF5.png

I like how Bones showed a state of emergency by turning off the lights in still images of a city. These people seem extremely concerned about having to evacuate.

This episode would have been good if the mechs actually hit each other sometimes instead of zigzagging all over the sky and confusing the shit out of the camera. The plot has been FUBAR for ages, and everything that happens here is just a natural progression of its complete failure. I can't remember the last episode where people have acted in ways motivated by their characterization to that point.

But the music that played during the end credits was really awesome. I guess I have to see how it ends.

Go_Ly_Dow

Checking out:

From the New World

Magi

Psycho-Pass

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Zetsuen no Tempest

Little Busters

Bakuman 3

Keeping my ears open for the rest.

I got up to 4 episodes in Hyouka before I was bored to death. It's very pretty and I'm sure there's a great show in there somewhere but it couldn't hold my attention at all. Last episode I watched they all sat around talking about theories as to why x did y when they could just pick up a phone and call someone to tell them the damn answer.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 1-6

Honestly I didn't even find the characterizations in episode 6 to be that great. It was pretty much just a wasted episode. Anything we knew about the characters was already discovered in previous, more interesting episodes.

Aw, I miss this show.

We all miss that adorably strange show.
That's why there will never be more of it and the sister show will get a sequel.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Joshiraku 09

Damn, that last segment. Really good, nice jokes and a great twist. Really liked it.
The butterflies are a reference right. I'm sure I've seen something use them before but I can't think what. What it was Lupin wasn't it. No wonder my brain struggled to remember. I's been trying to forget everything about that show.

Funny that this was the second show I watched today with a strange dream segment. Yurumates also had one.

Good in the ironic sense? lol
Home to some of the best and funniest scenes.

Director agrees with me. One he sent me a letter confirming and they constantly have flashback to it.

Fake dead child
is all about the feels. Ironically much more so!
Only thing I felt sorry for during that scene was my brain.

FUCK PISS COCK WANK CRAP DUNG SHITTINGDICKNIPPLES
Frosted butts.

Seriously... can we stop the gifs....
At least they're not 10MB+.

See what I said? I just prefer not really discussing SAO anywhere. It's like /a/ here, except the anonymous thing... hell, I even think that some guys here are the same guys posting there too.
I stopped posting there a while back when I realised they would never be able to tell the Akari joke correctly.

Soma

Hyouka 1-6

Teehee.

As much as I thought the episode was weak compared to the ones before it I still really liked that conversation regarding the seven deadly sins and what not. It's just unfortunate that people overlook it because "WHY WAS SHE ANGRY" and I believe it does have some significance in later episodes.

The butterflies are a reference right. I'm sure I've seen something use them before but I can't think what. What it was Lupin wasn't it. No wonder my brain struggled to remember. I's been trying to forget everything about that show.

Funny that this was the second show I watched today with a strange dream segment. Yurumates also had one.

“I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?”

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm going to have to rewatch episode 6 because I've forgotten which episode that was and why everyone hates it.

Branduil

Hyouka 1-6

What do you mean by animewatch?

I felt like the main problem with episode 6 was that the mystery was stupid and the setting was too restricted. Even so it's well-directed and storyboarded, so KyoAni's skill lifts it from being outright bad to passable. It's all uphill from there, though.

Risette

A Good Citizen
What do you mean by animewatch?
It's like gameplay. You play games, you watch anime. Animewatch.

I felt like the main problem with episode 6 was that the mystery was stupid and the setting was too restricted. Even so it's well-directed and storyboarded, so KyoAni's skill lifts it from being outright bad to passable. It's all uphill from there, though.
Yeah, it wasn't spectacular or anything, but I still felt like it was a good episode. Although if it wasn't for the KyoAni magic, it would not have been very good.

Thoraxes

Hyouka 1-6

If watching characters be mentally challenged counts as spending time with more characters, sure.

Branduil

It's like gameplay. You play games, you watch anime. Animewatch.

LOL. Did you guys come up with this in IRC?

Yeah, it wasn't spectacular or anything, but I still felt like it was a good episode. Although if it wasn't for the KyoAni magic, it would not have been very good.

Given it's shaky quality even with KyoAni's animation and direction skills, I feel comfortable saying that it would be completely unwatchable in a lesser studio's hands.

In all fairness, episode 6 had a disturbingly cute sequence that put me squarely on the floor clutching my chest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1FTEm2g9nc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom