• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
LOL. Did you guys come up with this in IRC?

Given it's shaky quality even with KyoAni's animation and direction skills, I feel comfortable saying that it would be completely unwatchable in a lesser studio's hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1FTEm2g9nc

Yeah....that's the sequence. Taken to an extremely frightening level I might add.

what's animewatch? Is it like hatewatch?

My guess is animewatch is making fun of the term "gameplay" from when that was being argued in IRC.

Stop quoting Hitokage. It defeats the ignore function.
I know it doesn't work on mods

I'm going to bedsleep.

I jokelaughed.

But, Sentai's entire business model seems to be throwing money at EVERYTHING regardless if they have money or not.

That worked so well for ADV and Geneon!

Does anyone have an experience with RightStuf's return policy? I have a DVD with its center ring cracked off and another DVD with its audio being a second or so off from the on-screen characters. Both discs work fine otherwise, but I do not want the first disc to one day crack during play and while the second disc issue is simply a minor annoyance, it is something I would like fixed.

I should note I have read the webpage regarding their return policy, but I want to make certain I have all of the allotted information provided.

cajunator

Banned
Does anyone have an experience with RightStuf's return policy? I have a DVD with its center ring cracked off and another DVD with its audio being a second or so off from the on-screen characters. Both discs work fine otherwise, but I do not want the first disc to one day crack during play and while the second disc issue is simply a minor annoyance, it is something I would like fixed.

I should note I have read the webpage regarding their return policy, but I want to make certain I have all of the allotted information provided.

The only disc I ever had to return was a Squid Girl DVD. the recall was widely known by Rightstuf and other vendors and they replaced it with no problems.
What do you mean by center ring cracked off?

duckroll

The second problem sounds weird. Could it be a NTSC/PAL conversion issue or something? What are you using for playback? Because it sounds like a mastering problem, but I would be surprised if something like that slipped through QA. I'm also not sure if replacing it will do any good if it's a mastering issue.

The only disc I ever had to return was a Squid Girl DVD. the recall was widely known by Rightstuf and other vendors and they replaced it with no problems.
What do you mean by center ring cracked off?

When looking at the bottom of the disc, a section of the plastic in the center ring of the disc is cracked off. It was floating in the case when I opened it earlier in the week.

The second problem sounds weird. Could it be a NTSC/PAL conversion issue or something? What are you using for playback? Because it sounds like a mastering problem, but I would be surprised if something like that slipped through QA. I'm also not sure if replacing it will do any good if it's a mastering issue.

The DVD in question is Media Blasters' release of Angel Sanctuary. I watched the dub on both my Xbox 360 and laptop. I timing between the audio and the actual visual lip-flap was off by at least a second or so. This was not so noticeable on the sub since I am focusing on the subtitles.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Binbougami ga! 11:

WLQxQl.jpg

Even when they're not saying anything, they're screaming.

In spite of the humor being largely the same, something about this episode clicked for me. I didn't laugh, but I wasn't bored either. Was it Keita? Was it the nudity? Probably both. I'm not going to investigate my feelings too much on this one.

Bobby is by far the most worthless supporting character.

hey, I remember this item from Plants vs. Zombies!

and that's some questionable perspective (NSFW?)

cajunator

Banned
When looking at the bottom of the disc, a section of the plastic in the center ring of the disc is cracked off. It was floating in the case when I opened it earlier in the week.

The DVD in question is Media Blasters' release of Angel Sanctuary. I watched the dub on both my Xbox 360 and laptop. I timing between the audio and the actual visual lip-flap was off by at least a second or so. This was not so noticeable on the sub since I am focusing on the subtitles.

Thats an interesting defect for Angel Sanctuary. Never encountered that, although I have gotten some VERY cheap discs from Funimation and, surprisingly, Geneon that had playback issues like pops, picture warping, and crashing glitches. Much of it may have actually been my TV DVD player, which was cheap and built into the TV itself. Not the best quality thing to watch shows on, although I made it work. The only disc I got from rightstuf that was visibly marred was the Squid Girl disc because the packaginng company got cute with the DVD holder tabs and tries to make them likesquid tentacles, but it was too flimsy to sufficiently hold discs in shipment, so rightstuf had hundreds of them that got scratched up from falling out of the holding tabs. they replaced them all for free and even let us keep the old discs, because they were useless anyway.

Thats an interesting defect for Angel Sanctuary. Never encountered that, although I have gotten some VERY cheap discs from Funimation and, surprisingly, Geneon that had playback issues like pops, picture warping, and crashing glitches. Much of it may have actually been my TV DVD player, which was cheap and built into the TV itself. Not the best quality thing to watch shows on, although I made it work. The only disc I got from rightstuf that was visibly marred was the Squid Girl disc because the packaginng company got cute with the DVD holder tabs and tries to make them likesquid tentacles, but it was too flimsy to sufficiently hold discs in shipment, so rightstuf had hundreds of them that got scratched up from falling out of the holding tabs. they replaced them all for free and even let us keep the old discs, because they were useless anyway.

Thanks for the reply. I will have to call up RightStuf's CS about these two issues Monday and see what can be done. Hopefully none of the other three series DVDs that arrived today have issues by the time I am able to complete watching another dozen discs of content...

I'm away from the thread for a night and when I come back we've already progressed like a billion pages. My life is too short to keep up wth dis shit!

But I'll try anyway. Going out today, so expect pics of the new releases in stores when I get back. <3

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch x365 12

iO4cGjt2JIPto.PNG

I took this shot because I like it.

The
Hidamari falling apart
scene was just too charming.

"Bara Bara."

The episode starts off with Hiro and Sae in a
lovers'
fight. Miyako and Yuno are, of course, confused as ever about the situation. Even better, Natsume is now Sae's official
rebound
when Hiro and her are in a tussle. Her furthered confusion is a taste to the senses!

This episode also involves several a couple of dynamic pans that caught me on surprise. There are also a number of monochrome shots for the girls to react in.

Something to love about this episode is how Yuno discusses the relationship Miyako and her share in comparison/contrast to Sae and Hiro. It doesn't happen often, but I always enjoy it when it does. Notably still is that, I found myself growing to like Sae's character even more in this episode. Seriously, has she ever been presented in a manner more worthy of sympathy than here?

If so, I don't recall.

Regardless, the resolution was warm, as expected from the series. It also ends up with all four girls huddled around at a table, as expected from the series! A really solid episode this turned out to be.

iOkYD23CsCvAl.PNG

Hiro's popping out of my screen!

Am I the only one who cannot stream Tenchi Universe off of FUNi's website? I am trying to watch the dub as a free member, but I keep getting the message Stream Not Found after the 30-second commercial. The only other series I want to watch from FUNi are on Hulu and those load just fine.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Binbougami ga! 12:

6QyBMl.jpg

Somewhere, an elephant is crying.

Well, I guess that this development was important in that it finally allowed Momiji and Ichiko to drop pretenses and level with each other. I'm thankful that we got a little bit of significant characterization on the eve of the finale, and really, I'd be satisfied if they just left the state of Momiji and Ichiko's relationship as it currently stands and concentrate on going out with a bang. I've never had any expectation that Ichiko's fortune problem would reach a final resolution, so ideally, the budget uptick that usually comes with finales will at least give us some slapstick crazy enough to actually be entertaining.

Also, I normally try to avoid mentioning the reference humor in the show, but the extended Death Note parody this episode was awesome.

Area no Kishi 37 (end)
tumblr_mb3axuA2us1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I guess a sure fire way to make me enjoy any final episode is have tons of music playing, the OP play in the episode, and just show as many characters as possible. It never makes me never enjoy a final episode.

Anyway, really good episode overall, the match was so good and had me at the edge of my seat, seeing world cup match play, and then even Nadeshijo JPN was also good. I liked it all.

Unfortunately only flaw is that it ended in such an odd place and an odd time
Right before they are about to play Yoin in the semifinals is just odd, how can they leave it at that. Even more, what did Seven mean when she said she'd wait for Kakeru, where is she going?
. Oh I was glad to see
Sugure
, definitely my favorite not named Kaoru.

7 / 10 just for the ending place as well as Kakeru's development.
Why he never do nothing more than Phi Trick?

Narag

Am I the only one who cannot stream Tenchi Universe off of FUNi's website? I am trying to watch the dub as a free member, but I keep getting the message Stream Not Found after the 30-second commercial. The only other series I want to watch from FUNi are on Hulu and those load just fine.

Never realized just how much Funi had up for streaming. Episode 1 of the dub loaded for me.

Mr. Fix

cosmicblizzard said:
You guys remember when anime was synonymous with MANLINESS? Well guess what's back! The motherfucking JoJos! The only thing more important to these guys than being manly is being fabulous. You want action? You got it! You want vampires? Screw that Twilight shit, you got that too! You want flamboyant poses from legit threatening characters? That's another check! Come and join the Joestars as they finally get a chance to shine in a 20 years overdue animation.

It's why I'm here, baby! I know this is premature for asking, but do they only plan on doing one season/part? Or are they just going to keep rolling them out?

Mature

I've heard from a friend that Funi has an awful streaming infrastructure. There is just constant issues.

Narag

It's why I'm here, baby! I know this is premature for asking, but do they only plan on doing one season/part? Or are they just going to keep rolling them out?

I think it was said it's going to be 26 episodes covering the first two parts. I might be wrong though!

duckroll

Why? Is it like Magi's timeslot?

It's airing on like 5 different channels, all of which are late night slots. There's no way it's a long running series, it's unlikely that it is even more than 2-cour. If they want to keep doing it, they'll definitely be doing it in seasons rather than an on-going show.

wonzo

Banned
Binbougami ga! 13 END

Well, a
troll preview for the next season
was a very fitting way to end this series. I was expecting good things from the beginning thanks to certain people hyping it up and this show certainly didn't fail to deliver. I told cosmic I'd start reading the manga after the shows done and I'll definitely get around to that after I finish reading... FOURTEEN

fourteen8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom