• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
The election fever in Belgium made me realise politics never really makes an appearance in anime. Aren't political jokes popular in Japan? Or maybe I just don't notice them.
The last political joke I remembered were the ones in Joshiraku and that's all thanks to the godking of trolling, Kumeta.

/XX/

Well Europe does have its own simulcast/stream for Magi.
License agreement for digital disc releases was in the air... but yeah, knowing that Kazé (KAZE SAS) is the one responsible of that streaming service, I'm fairly sure they are the ones that obtained the broader deal. There are not many more big players in Europe with their presence in the whole continent.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
tumblr_mbsse5hKkR1qflc3ro2_r1_500.gif

(´ε` )

K 2 was kind of boring and GirlUnPan was kind of boring. And Ro;No. SSY x Jojo x Chuuni x Magi x PP will suffice !!!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Btooom - 02

God this show sucks. It's terrible. Oh my god. This show is so fucking dumb. This is the first show I am dropping this season. It might be the only one too.

Also bringing back this old avatar. I feel so sad that Hito can't force them on me anymore :(

Look, I don't care how long people keep telling me I need to get a waifu. It probably won't happen.

I take pride in the fact that I don't have one. It's like my lone anchor to being socially acceptable or something I guess.
Everyone needs a waifu or a husbando
Indeed .YOu really should take one..my waifu is clearly hidden ..The point is to treasure her, secretly maybe ..

Gintama 130
Cats can't fire sniper rifles.

So once again, this show manages to turn an arc with a silly start into an arc with quite a touching ending. How do you do it?
That's the gintama forte.. trully the team behind it this is really talent ( as well as the author )

:: CATSUKA :: News - Nouvelles séries de Heidi, Maya l'abeille et Vic le Viking (chez Studio 100 Media)
http://www.catsuka.com/news/2012-10...beille-et-vic-le-viking-chez-studio-100-media
Not happy by this news ..i wasn't a fan when i was young and i'm even less of a fan now ..
http://www.abload.de/img/jinruiqnk8f.gif[IMG]

Don't kill with my childhood memories![/QUOTE]
excellent gif ..Saved

Orlandu84

Others have said it better, but I have to express my frustrations somehow, so here goes:
In a well structured plot, the audience becomes more invested with characters as the problems these characters face increase. In other words, in a good story you like the characters more and more as they are in progressively worse or riskier situations. In Sword Art Online, the inverse is happening. WHY?!

Why do you resolve the life and death drama of the game world half way through the series?

Why do you make Kirito's love life the central point of the second half of the series?

Why doesn't Kirito simply kill/destroy what is in his way? He killed the last guy who tried to have Asuna all to himself. For Kirito to collapse into a wuss makes all that transpired in the first half of the series meaningless.

I know that I should not get so upset about a series that was never that great, but this show has done some amazingly dumb things the last few episodes. This show might be a great example of how not to do an anime.

Steroyd

Little Busters - 02

Now we just need terminally ill character, tragic past character, a "you are already dead" character and we're good to go.

Code Breaker - 02

EVIL, they're really trying to sell the EVIL point, the main guy might as well do the Dr EVIL pose every time he says EVIL.

8W1I7.jpg

Sukitte Ii na yo - 02

Very interesting, very often it's the... more flatter chested people who get self conscious over their chest size compared to the more endowed people, and it's the subject of bullying to.

I also find it amusing how this episode tried to make the main guy the opposite of what was portrayed in the first episode. Oh he's not interested in girls, but he's a playboy anyway.

Firemind

Others have said it better, but I have to express my frustrations somehow, so here goes:
In a well structured plot, the audience becomes more invested with characters as the problems these characters face increase. In other words, in a good story you like the characters more and more as they are in progressively worse or riskier situations. In Sword Art Online, the inverse is happening. WHY?!

Why do you resolve the life and death drama of the game world half way through the series?

Why do you make Kirito's love life the central point of the second half of the series?

Why doesn't Kirito simply kill/destroy what is in his way? He killed the last guy who tried to have Asuna all to himself. For Kirito to collapse into a wuss makes all that transpired in the first half of the series meaningless.

I know that I should not get so upset about a series that was never that great, but this show has done some amazingly dumb things the last few episodes. This show might be a great example of how not to do an anime.

iEui5jS1ZMVVo.gif

So you want him to take a sword and kill the guy in the hospital room when it's already said that he is the reason she is still alive ?He is isn't in the game anymore..that was also one of the point of this episode , no sword skills , no powers and the loss of a moral support.Expecting anything that him realising his helplessness would have been totaly unrealistic

Biggest asshole since.....well the writers other show.
Probably same DNA

-Minsc-

Space Brothers - 28

Hibito is such a caring younger brother. :)

Edit:

Gintama 130

Cats can't fire sniper rifles.

So once again, this show manages to turn an arc with a silly start into an arc with quite a touching ending. How do you do it?

Magic.

Gintama 140

It's been months since I've last seen an episode of this and I felt pretty awful about it so i decided to fix that and watch an episode. Fortunately, the beginning of this episode was absolutely hilarious and helped soften the transition to the more morbid material of the later episode. The action scene with the three Yato was fantastically animated and I'm hoping there's more of that ownage sakuga in this arc as it unfolds.

I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Firemind

Sword Art Online episode 15

OK, that’s the final straw. I am dropping Sword Art Online.

Every single female character except one has ended up lusting after Kirito. Not even his own sister was immune.

SAO is nothing more than generic haremshit, and I was a fool to think otherwise.

The series could have been amazing - an epic romance between Kirito and Klein. Even if it had only been subtext, it would’ve been great. I’m very sad that they squandered that potential. =[

Ahahaha yessssss

cajunator

Banned
This is the reality of when two people with the same waifu meet face to face. It's never going to be a case of each one complimenting the other one's taste. It's all out war.

And in the end they are fighting over a worthless prize.
Itsl ike fighting over one of those Detroit 50$ houses.

Hunter x Hunter 51
tumblr_mbvgkh863R1qenmvqo1_500.gif

Sure there was no Gon or Killua but it was still a good episode. The ending moments were so worth it and the identity of the two dudes unveiled was actually pretty exciting.
Based on what weve seen of Killua, I cant even imagine the type of skill level and power that the Silva and Zeno Goldicks may even possess. Hopefully Feitan and Shalnark arent their targets, I dont want to see either die. and speaking of Feitan, I hope he gets a good fight, easily the best Phantom Troupe member. Shalnark is alright too but I cant see how he'd fight with that ability in a one on one (also is he a Hunter?)

Chrollo is such a good antagonist, best looks, and just that personality.
Im assuming he wont die, based on that prophecy? I dont think the Phantom Troupe would disband or he can die because then that leaves Kurapika with a useless power the rest of the series...So I guess he has some ability that will make him resilient against Kurapika's epic god tier abilities

wonzo

Banned
Wasn't this done before the main show as a kind of demo tape? They clearly learnt from the errors by the time the main show came on.
I think it was basically an Episode 0 bundled with the manga. It was also the single worst "episode" of Nichijou.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I like that they mention Mount Tsukuba in SSY3 aka where I'll be for school next year. Finally I can be anime.

Ultimadrago

wasnt the last rumor it would be sub only dvd in the west?

Madman Entertainment (Australia) said they're doing a sub-only DVD release for somewhere within the next 12 months. However, a NISA rep has publicly stated recently that a North American distributor has picked it up post Bandai drop. Details on which company and how they might distribute hasn't been shared.

/XX/

You tell us, /XX/! Should you have posted this?

SHOULD YOU?

I await the inevitable AnimeGAF impressions.
I regret it, Ultimadrago... I clearly do... but I also think this must be known, so we can see by ourselves what atrocities the human being can do!

We must never forget, my friend!

So, er... do I have to be the one posting those impressions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom