• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Sword Art Online 15:

First thing I noticed immediately. The "imouto" is voiced by Taketatsu Ayana (Kirino). There's no way I could not realize that voice.

She's got a nice rack though.

1350201914899jwsvz.gif

soon...

Grzi

Apparently it was explained in ponygaf but I am reluctant to actually click in there and look. I mean, it is ponygaf, after all.

Alternatively, if you've been aware of some of the more important goings on at GAF lately, you can probably read between the lines and figure it out for yourself.

The only threads I visit regularly on GAF are this one and the GAF-Hop thread and even that's overwhelming at times. I occasionally click on the manga thread, and rarely go through some threads in the OT. I browse through the first page of the gaming topics like once a month, so I really have no idea :(

MarkusRJR

Nichijou Episodes 1-5

Holy shit this is fucking funny. I rarely ever legitimately laugh from movies, tv shows, anime or games but this is getting me to laugh constantly. Everything just happens out of no where and it's all so ridiculous. If the rest of the series is this good it'll be one of my favourite animes.

What other anime is this funny? Any recommendations?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 064
Even Poplan finds Julian moé. Good lord. Kinda unsubtle about the religious intolerance by the way.

dat Oberstein X Reuental strife. Hopefully they both burn down in flames.

Nichijou Episodes 1-5

Holy shit this is fucking funny. I rarely ever legitimately laugh from movies, tv shows, anime or games but this is getting me to laugh constantly. Everything just happens out of no where and it's all so ridiculous. If the rest of the series is this good it'll be one of my favourite animes.

What other anime is this funny? Any recommendations?
The companion series Nichibros (aka Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou) is awesome as well.
I wonder if there's an explosion and five minutes later Homuhomu is crying as Madoka's brutally exploded corpse lies in several different pieces on the meadow.

REVENGEANCE
Don't even suggest such things. I just want the MadoMagi girls to be happy together forever. ;-;

edit: except for Kyouko. Kyouko can fuck off.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kamisama Kiss 2

MsyAcl.jpg

Oh god, it's going to be one of THOSE shows. lol

Yeah, she's both incompetent, but her super-feminine powers of caring are able to make boys swoon. I guess I'll still watch this because it's still fairly pleasant.

Again, thank you SAO for putting EVERYTHING into perspective.

Speaking of which...

Jormungand

Finally got to the episode.

82cUvl.jpg

This confrontation, and the cliffhanger resolution itself, was so frighteningly anti-climatic considering where the last episode of the first cour ended.

And while the show is still painfully average at times, I still like the concept enough to stay with it. I still think Jormungand would make a pretty decent big budget A-Team + Oceans Eleven knockoff. Rather than be all shitty with irony like The Expendables, you could have a dark take on the whole idea of the "all-star" action team.

Lain

She'll appear in ep2.

Nice.

Well, between a session of WoW and the other, I watched episode 2 as well, sooo

Sword Art Online 2

I liked the awkwardness when they were forming parties and Kirito ended up alone. The boss fight was OK, though the best parts there where when Kirito saw Asuna's face and when
the dude acting like the leader died
. Kirito doesn't seem too bad so far, especially after pulling that stunt at the end to try and keep people united (or that's how I interpreted it). Asuna is cute and seem to be able to hold her own with a sword (I see why she's on so many doujinshi's covers), so I don't yet understand why you guys dislike her so much!

How does that even work? Is the movie supposed to be an alternate take, since the original was fairly conclusive.
Not exactly... (Madoka spoilers)

Sword Art Online 2

I liked the awkwardness when they were forming parties and Kirito ended up alone. The boss fight was OK, though the best parts there where when Kirito saw Asuna's face and when
the dude acting like the leader died
. Kirito doesn't seem too bad so far, especially after pulling that stunt at the end to try and keep people united (or that's how I interpreted it). Asuna is cute and seem to be able to hold her own with a sword (I see why she's on so many doujinshi's covers), so I don't yet understand why you guys dislike her so much!
I'm still on Team Asuna(though Team Kayaba is pretty alluring), but unfortunately Asuna's badassery and combat prowess tend to get sidelined in order to jerk Kirito off.

Grzi

K - 02

I think they toned down the filter this episode, you could definitely see more colors and the animation continued to be really good, so that's a plus. I really liked some of the backgrounds too.
The episode itself was stupid as fuck, spent on a boring chase with one mildly entertaining action scene. I'm sure there will be great action later, so hopefully I'll stick around long enough to see them (and why wouldn't I, having watched Campione!, Estetica and Arcana Famiglia this past season :().

Oh, and I laughed at the
eyelids
joke at the end :(
OKAY I KNOW IT'S STUPID BUT IT MADE ME LAUGH SORRY GUYS I FELT SO BAD FOR LAUGHING BUT I JUST DID

cajunator

Banned
OniiAi is in a different league

http://youtu.be/OwgsislplOQ (maybe NSFW)

Not talking about actual OP, as that one is quite.....sensational....but the song itself.

The companion series Nichibros (aka Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou) is awesome as well.

Don't even suggest such things. I just want the MadoMagi girls to be happy together forever. ;-;

edit: except for Kyouko. Kyouko can fuck off.

But they are happy together
in figurine form on my shelf

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I only stay logged in so it remembers that setting. Dark days when I'd search and not realize it went back to Moderate.

You... you let Google keep track of everything you search by having an account?

Dude... they know.

fertygo

K - 02

I think they toned down the filter this episode, you could definitely see more colors and the animation continued to be really good, so that's a plus. I really liked some of the backgrounds too.
The episode itself was stupid as fuck, spent on a boring chase with one mildly entertaining action scene. I'm sure there will be great action later, so hopefully I'll stick around long enough to see them (and why wouldn't I, having watched Campione!, Estetica and Arcana Famiglia this past season :().

Oh, and I laughed at the
eyelids
joke at the end :(
OKAY I KNOW IT'S STUPID BUT IT MADE ME LAUGH SORRY GUYS I FELT SO BAD FOR LAUGHING BUT I JUST DID

Its ok, I'm enjoyed it too.. I think I like this more than Zetsuen just because the fact its doesn't take itself seriously, its like this season Horizon.

But I'm afraid they gonna force a PLOT to our face is rather inevitable, with this group of LN writer under helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom