• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Its sad they're so expensive, I don't have much choice to get my anime fix. Neither do we have services like crunchyroll and FUNimation blocks their content in my country.

NewFresh

On this day of mourning, at least, we're all just animegaffers.

room4.jpeg

NIS America Adds Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko TV Anime

NIS America (NISA), the American subsidiary of the Nippon Ichi Software game company, announced at its New York Comic Con panel on Sunday that it will release the Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko television anime series under the name Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl.

The anime adapts Hitoma Iruma's light novels of the same name. The story revolves around an ordinary high school boy named Makoto Niwa and his cousin, a mysterious girl named Erio Tōwa. There is a rumor in their town that aliens watch over it. Erio tells Makoto that Earth has been targeted and says she is an alien herself.

Akiyuki Shinbo (And Yet the Town Moves, Madoka Magica) served as chief director for the series, and Yukihiro Miyamoto (Maria Holic, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Madoka Magica) served as series director at studio SHAFT. The 13-episode series stars Asuka Ōgame as Erio and Miyu Irino as Makoto, as well as Emiri Katō as Ryuko Mifune, Mai Fuchigami as Maekawa-san, and Ai Nonaka as Meme Towa.

Silly name but oversized box time!

Emitan

Revolutionary Girl Utena 14

vlcsnap-2012-10-14-12vhrsc.png

So apparently Anthy has a brother and somehow he hasn't noticed her getting knocked around?

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one creeped out by Anthy.

I thought that duelist girl was dead but I guess not? No idea what's happening.

cajunator

Banned
Post of.... Ever.

Also, here's a pic of AW girls in bunny suits?NSFW.

http://i.imgur.com/liL6j.jpg

Now there is a show that knows what people want.

Funimation licensed Wolf Children Ame and Yuki film.

Toriko not on BD :( but Ill get it anyway.

fuck yeah!

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Let's celebrate!! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6fwe3EFTRQ

duckroll

Magi - Episode 2

This show has REALLY nice effects animation, and some really solid action direction. The episode was fun mostly because it was mostly all action, but.... it also feels like they completely butchered the manga story arc just to condense it into a highlights episode. I really don't like that one bit. I think this is going to be one of those shows where I watch and continue to compare it unfavorably to the manga and bitch about how it's worse even though the production values are great. :(

----

Code:Breaker - Episode 2

Okay, I really can't explain exactly what it is that is appealing about this show, but after two episodes I really do think I like it. I expected it to be pretty crummy based on the trailers, but surprisingly I enjoy the direction the show is going, and I find the setting and characters interesting. I guess the closest I can explain it is that this kinda feels like a 90s shounen action anime instead of the stuff we generally see these days. It's over the top, but the characters seem to think they're behaving realistically, and there are crazy powers and everyone is just "OMG EVIL!", "OMG JUSTICE!", etc. The designs also feel kinda... retro, but I can't really explain why. Gonna keep watching. Looks like we'll get a good fight next week!

Okay, I really can't explain exactly what it is that is appealing about this show, but after two episodes I really do think I like it. I expected it to be pretty crummy based on the trailers, but surprisingly I enjoy the direction the show is going, and I find the setting and characters interesting. I guess the closest I can explain it is that this kinda feels like a 90s shounen action anime instead of the stuff we generally see these days. It's over the top, but the characters seem to think they're behaving realistically, and there are crazy powers and everyone is just "OMG EVIL!", "OMG JUSTICE!", etc. The designs also feel kinda... retro, but I can't really explain why. Gonna keep watching. Looks like we'll get a good fight next week!

Its really good especially Ogami Rei. I just wish it wasnt gonna be limited to 13 episodes :(

Articalys

While I'm glad that Wolf Children finally at least has a US distributor... no theatrical release until next fucking year? What the hell? Is Funi trying to rub salt in the wound or something...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
While I'm glad that Wolf Children finally at least has a US distributor... no theatrical release until next fucking year? What the hell? Is Funi trying to rub salt in the wound or something...

Don't forget that if you want to see it in theaters, you're probably going to have to endure a mediocre dub.

duckroll

Look on the bright side, you have lots of good anime to watch this year, and next year you guys get both Letter to Momo AND Wolf Children!

Narag

I didn't know this and now I feel even worse now. Time to go brood.

----

Damn it, but I don't want to keep watching this. :[

Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse 15

Leon Kuze with the Raptor has the best unit, it looked cool there and his pose. Hope it goes head to head with the 94 Second.

Decent episode though were still dealing with awkward race relations.
At least Yuuya is finally over his Japanese American stuff

Lain

Sword Art Online 3

SACHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! =(((
I had an inkling she'd end like that
(the whole thing smelled like death from the beginning of the episode)
but it still hurt.

Because bad characters are b(l)a(n)d.

I only saw her in one episode so far and she was both cute and strong. Seems like legit waifu material to me!

trejo

You're right.

I rescind my permission.
Trejo, I better not see you type one negative peep about Nichijou!

Are you playing some sort or reverse reverse psychology mind tricks on me? Quit messing with my head!

I hope it's not me.

Hint: It's
you!!!!!!

That's not Meme!

This calls for a brofist.

Damn it, but I don't want to keep watching this. :[

So don't.

Emitan

Revolutionary Girl Utena 15

vlcsnap-2012-10-14-137pqsa.png

I really hate this arc. Utena's fights were never impressive, it was the emotions behind them that made them interesting but now every opponent has been made super angry by the black rose so every fight is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom