• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
Okay so I'll list the things I find odd and sort of unappealing to me in Jojo.

1.) Ridiculous flamboyancy of Jojo and Dio
2.) Odd coloring palettes and designs. I just find it somewhat... awkward compared to what I'm used to.
3.) Outrageous character designs.
4.) They say EVERYTHING. It's like they're forced to say whatever they're thinking.
5.) The random zoom-ins on their faces with super awkward shading and such.
6.) The Japanese characters always appearing

Did you mean "unappealing" or "awesome"

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

2.) Odd coloring palettes and designs. I just find it somewhat... awkward compared to what I'm used to.
4.) They say EVERYTHING. It's like they're forced to say whatever they're thinking.

All I see here is that "JoJo isn't fulfilling my wishes of being the best MMO player with a sweet girlfriend."

Babby.

Narag

Just come out and say you're racist against British folk due to their clothing like you are with the Magi characters. The Chinese guys appearing probably just fueled the fire.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Jeez... next thing you know cosmic is gonna fucking blow me up for not liking Jojo. I never said I hated it. It just doesn't suit my tastes....

kayos90

I didn't think the OP was particularly bad. It definitely left me feeling like the series is a bit.... outlandish....

kayos90

Like I said. Maybe this type of show just doesn't appeal to me. Tell me when they get to Za Warudo. I'll watch that.

Jex

Oh, I forgot to mention that the opening theme for Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure is pretty god damn manly. I'd pull up a youtube link but the folks in Japan are doing their due diligence and keeping such things off the internet. Having a theme song for your show that's about your show is reminds of me a number of classic super-robot shows - and there's nothing wrong with that.

Jooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Jo!

Jex

I have my eyes set on Planetes, what does AnimeGAF think about it?

What do I think of or what does AnimeGAF think of it?

AnimeGAF thinks it's a good show but they don't like of the main characters, Tanabe. They'll advise you to watch a number of episodes before making up your mind on the series as a whole because the tone of show changes over time.

Branduil

Oh, I forgot to mention that the opening theme for Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure is pretty god damn manly. I'd pull up a youtube link but the folks in Japan are doing their due diligence and keeping such things off the internet.

Of course. It's very important to keep what amounts to free advertising for your show off the internet. If you're not careful people will be entertained for free.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Oh, I forgot to mention that the opening theme for Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure is pretty god damn manly. I'd pull up a youtube link but the folks in Japan are doing their due diligence and keeping such things off the internet. Having a theme song for your show that's about your show is reminds of me a number of classic super-robot shows - and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's like when OPs where about the cartoons and not cross-marketing for whatever popular artist or seiyuu out there.
Apparently I have 8 more episodes of the Black Rose arc. I think I'm shelving this show for a while. This arc is garbage.
So disappointed.

It has that 70s - 80s feeling. It's missing a choir of children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDjkXkMTg-c

trejo

What do I think of or what does AnimeGAF think of it?

AnimeGAF thinks it's a good show but they don't like of the main characters, Tanabe. They'll advise you to watch a number of episodes before making up your mind on the series as a whole because the tone of show changes over time.

Those people are wrong. Planetes is an excellent show and one of my favorites of all time.

Steroyd

Sword Art online - 15

Okay how many shows is it now that has mutilated an apple, what's this season got against apples? You know what I'm starting a movement for my fruity bretherin. :mad:

Considering the silly way the first world was conquered, I'm considering whether this is an equally silly reason to jump back into a virtual world.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure - 02

Fabulous or Fabulous?

And that OP looks like it'd be mind trip with 3D glasses.

Emitan

So disappointed.

This is Naruto levels of filler.

"I'm mad at Utena/Anthy. Now I'm Black Rose'd and angry and lost my personality. Utena defeats me with PRINCE HAX. Now I'm fine and basically nothing happened."

This is bad. She's fighting basically the same person in the same way every episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom